starting strength gym
Page 452 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3524024424504514524534544625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The white population of South Africa was ~20% in 1970. It is now ~7%.
    The white population in LA and NY in 1970 was ~75% and ~65%. The white population of many metros, like LA and NY today is ~25%.
    South Africa’s white population is still shrinking
    70,000 Whites Murdered in ‘Modern’ South Africa; Obama’s African Legacy – American Free Press
    Minorities are typically not treated well.

The pandemic lockdown type situations are always so unthinkable or ridiculous they could never happen here.... until they do.

Genetics influence absolutely everything. They determine personality traits, food preferences, hormonal levels and fear responses among other things. Culture/environment also can influence everything. (ironically, how you respond to your environment and culture often is determined by epigenetics). The two factors play on each other in successive feedback loops. To discount one or the other is short-sighted.

Removing them is what President Eisenhower did not too long ago and everyone applauded him for it.

Personally, I don't want to see the British nation, culture and people forcibly overrun; Just the same as Yuri Bezmenov didn't want to see the nation, culture and people of India overrun.

Is that the same Eisenhower who ordered the 101st Airborne to point rifles at American citizens in Little Rock Arkansas in '57?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    When did Fauci and MLB become responsible for the health of people who -- knowing the risk, since it has been amplified non-stop for months -- decided to go to the game anyway? This is the goddamndest part of this entire charade: everybody but YOU is responsible for your health.
    This is a nice, narrow point in this sprawling discussion: my reading is that the circumstance of a novel pandemic means my actions in terms of becoming infected or not do, in fact, directly impact the risk that others -- some of whom are quite vulnerable -- will face of being infected and some pretty nasty sequelae. A bit like with drunk driving - we aren't just concerned about you, the driver. Real question: are libertarians generally against legislation that punishes operating motor vehicles while under the influence of intoxicating substances? Or do you simply reject the analogy when it comes to exposing others to increased risk of a non-treatable infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    When did Fauci and MLB become responsible for the health of people who -- knowing the risk, since it has been amplified non-stop for months -- decided to go to the game anyway? This is the goddamndest part of this entire charade: everybody but YOU is responsible for your health.
    Again, Faucis role is to lay out the scenario, not to decide. MLB, local permitting governments, et al get to decide whether to put on events. Want a big crowd without some kind of spike in cases? Not gonna happen, not yet, says Fauci, and in most places he’d be right. Doesn’t mean you can’t do it. So if you have your big crowd, expect and plan for your spike. MLB, NASCAR, etc get to decide if they want to take the heat from our nation of amateur epidemiologists and amateur (And professional) litigators. Mostly they don’t, I think.

Having worked at a place where the ICUs went over 150% of normal capacity, I would say managing the spike can be done, but it’s costly in many ways.

People who rise up in government and industry are always looking for the “win-win” scenario. Must be some class in MBA school. In medicine (elsewhere too) this is rare. There are always tradeoffs. Conservatives have long been telling us there’s no free lunch. Now lots of conservative pols are looking for one, and they’re mad at Fauci like he made the rules and the virus is his fault. Reopen aggressively=more virus. Stay closed=economy in the tank. That’s how it is. Choose your poison.

Rip, I think we became a nation where “someone else” is responsible a long time ago. It seems to me there’s always been someone else to blame for our troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    I think we’re largely in agreement here. I do think, though, if you trace back his comments about starting sports or reopening the economy, you’ll find that a lot of it is secondhand. MLB says “we can’t open because we’re following [Fauci/CDC/“government”] guidelines” as a way to shift accountability. What Fauci does say is “if you put 50,000 people in an arena, expect a spike in cases” which is pretty reasonable, but it’s up to MLB and local officials to put their balls on the line and make the decision about whether that’s acceptable or not. At least this is how Fauci recently characterized his statements (see his response to Rand Paul in hearing from I think this week). Maybe I’m wrong and he’s overstepped, and got a bit seduced by the limelight though. It’s possible: I don’t have the time or energy to track down all the old quotes.
    Fauci himself claimed in his response to a deconstruction of him by Rand Paul that the media misquotes and misinterprets what he says when it isn't on broadcast video or audio. This could be true, although I have my doubts. Fauci seems at times to be as accomplished in deception as one of the Borgia Popes. Speaking of which, the current Pope has in fact been misquoted and poorly translated (so he also has claimed) in a manner by the media, both the US and EU media, to advance their progressive agenda. But then I've been calling that guy a new Borgia Pope for some years now.

Hard to find where or if the truth is out there, Mulder.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Yes, I think there is probably a super strong correlation out there between poverty and crime, and it so happens that, specific to the United States, urban black communities have dealt with some significant issues that have set them back. There was likely some statistically significant impact on the communities from bias and discrimination, but was it enough by itself? No.

But because of the segregation, self-imposed, that cultural and family force has to come from inside of the black community. And no genetic or cultural force can truly overwhelm the POTENTIAL of the individuals. It is reliant on them to actually realize it, though.
    There is an even stronger correlation between poverty and IQ, and IQ and Race. The most popular and famous work on this is The Bell Curve by Herrnstein & Murray. The average IQ in Botswana is 65. The average IQ of Germany is 105. There are, of course, other things that define people's outcomes other than raw intelligence, such as character, inherited personality traits. But IQ is in itself a marker for ability to OVERCOME. Those with IQs above a certain range know that there are repercussions from committing violent crime; that perhaps fathering multiple children to multiple mothers without providing anything for any of them won't give the children their own best start (especially the boys); that everything blacks in the US have been through since the 1630s has been for the betterment i=of blacks, since if things had gone otherwise, they'd likely still be living in mud shacks in whichever sub-equatorial hellhole their ancestors were freed from.

And what has been the purpose of Affirmative Action? To avoid "institutional white-on-black racism"? But there has been relatively little of that in the past 30 years. Is it to overcome the roadblocks caused by a lower average IQ than other groups and poor character traits? Definitely. Does AA bring in it's train a healthy meritocracy? No. This is why Tucker's recent idea of 'complete equality for all - a complete meritocracy' would never be enforced by those who shape the social and political fabric of the USA (mass media, politics and big business) - disparities of intelligence, character and psyche between different racial groups would become very obvious very quickly.

I am not arguing that genetics don't have impact, or that a particular ethnicity and region aren't prone to sharing more of the same genetic heritage. I'm also not arguing against that slight deviations of the mean produce large disparities in the exceptionally small populations of the tails of an ethnic group. I'm simply stating that the genetics of skin color, the same as hair color, cannot be sufficient markers to assume things about people, and that ESPECIALLY in America there is huge diversity genetically across the entire population. Also, that the free society of the West, and ESPECIALLY America, can have extreme impacts on genetic diversity due to the bias of self selection (read simply: whatever impacts slavery and forced breeding had have probably been largely erased or were mitigated).
    Skin colour and hair colour are only two very small markers of racial identity. One's race goes deeper than mere melanin, which i understand is totally contrary to what your uneducated school teacher and indoctrinated university lecturer told you. Why do blacks excel at boxing? One prominent biological reason is the greater bone density of the black skull. Skeletal differences between black and white men and their relevance to body composition estimates

We're also a long, long way off from anything resembling what is happening in South Africa happening here in the United States. What happens here might end up being worse, though, but it won't be the same.
    Look at the recent situation with the Mcloskey's. That anti-white gang that broke into his private residence were threatening to kill them and even their dog. That's a microcosm of something that is the same that could come but on a much larger scale. Things happen much quicker in the USA than they do in South Africa. When there is a tacit 'permission slip' (enabled by the police standing down - something not even seen in South Africa!) that white lives are the lowest on the scale of human value due to ludicrous stories about a fabricated criminal past that the whites of the 21st century are as guilty for as their long since dead ancestors, then you have a mixture that results in wanton murder on a mass scale.

Fabricated victim status > organisation by self-hating white Leftists and other nefarious types > funding by global billionaires such as George Soros & Tom Steyer > backing of their mission by billion $ mass media outlets ACROSS THE WORLD.

If their enabling by media, financiers and weak/cowardly officials continues, what's to stop these hordes descending on white residential areas for a mixture of 'cleansing' and looting?

Leftists target whites because Western Civilization is a product of the white mind, and they wish to overthrow what remains of Western Civilization. Just like the 1960's counter-culture (counter to what? Whites!).

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I think the argument has become you are your other brother’s grandma’s keeper. It’s no longer about you, but a distant other. Elusive.
    I wish more people would critically examine these two points, because as I see it they're the linchpins of the drastic measures taken so far:
    1. Asymptomatic people spread the virus
    2. Masks do not protect you from catching the virus, but they do prevent you from spreading it (even if, per 1, you are asymptomatic)

If these points weren't accepted, we would have responded to the virus with pretty clear-cut prescriptions around personal responsibility and risk tolerance. Scared of the virus? Stay home. Afraid of catching the virus while in public? Wear a mask. Otherwise continue living. The simple act of accepting them as truth necessitated the total control and compulsion of people and their actions. The quarantining of the sick, the shutdown of businesses, and requirements for everyone to wear masks. It's amazing to think how much has been based on just these two points and the resulting delineation of responsibility. Asking cui bono and challenging the assumption seems wise if not necessary.

Bumping continued evidence for decline in C19 mortality:

COVID-19 Provisional Counts - Weekly Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics

If current political and media warnings are accurate, this should trend up . . . soon?

The time is 15:00 (BST) on Thursday July 7th 2020 and I'd just like to say GHISLAINE MAXWELL DID NOT KILL HERSELF.

Since Black Lives Matter UK's tweet on 28th June, officially denouncing Israel and Zionism:
    - The BBC have banned any presenters from continuing to wear Black Lives Matters badges
    - The Premier League (soccer) have "distanced" themselves from BLM, despite just a week or two ago put on a show of solitary by making the teams kneel prior to kick-off, put "BLM" on the backs of their shirts instead of the player names, etc.
    - Most incredibly Keir Starmer (took over from Corbyn) of the Labour Party has suddenly done a complete 180, and wiggled out of showing further support for the movement.

The tweet that ended it all:
    "As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel’s settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades. FREE PALESTINE."

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    I think the argument has become you are your other brother’s grandma’s keeper. It’s no longer about you, but a distant other. Elusive.
    The whole thing is a case-study in guilt transfer. No one wants to take responsibility or blame for anything, so guilt gets crowd-sourced to the population at large.

The economy might be irreparably damaged, my neighbors might all lose their jobs, but at least no one can tell me that I don't care about grandma.

If we're all guilty, then no one is guilty.