starting strength gym
Page 490 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3904404804884894904914925005405909901490 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    All, has there been a consensus if the virus was man made or not? Please post a link if possible.

No consensus. But I have seen enough that I am convinced.
    The most logical explanation is that it comes from a laboratory
    The well-known Norwegian virologist Birger Sørensen and his colleagues have examined the corona virus. They believe it has certain properties which would not evolve naturally. These conclusions are politically controversial, but in this interview he shares the findings behind the headlines.
    He who controls the test results, controls the pandemic.
    He who chooses the scientists, controls the minds of the people.

Followup to the previous Minerva article:
    The evidence which suggests that this is no naturally evolved virus

and finally, the paper Sorensen et al published:
    The Evidence which Suggests that This Is No Naturally Evolved Virus - Birger Sørensen, Angus Dalgleish & Andres Susrud

Look at how the journals suppress Sorensen's paper because it is politically sensitive:
    The fight for a controversial article

This is why I never blindly trust the chosen scientists; those in power choose scientists whose findings are...appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Because the Government makes them do so, my child. Every large company has people on the payroll that everybody wishes would drop dead, because it's mandated by the fucking government.
    But this guy is quite a bit sharper than our friend alsbos: What'''s really going on this year? Jeremy Elliott The Iconic Podcast
    The links I posted earlier in response to the same statement need to be taken within the context of Rip's post and a knowledge of economic incentivization. The essay I posted is a good exploration of why people are paid for jobs that do not produce any clear economic value, but the author should have recognized he was arguing against the inefficiency of government-mandated "crony capitalism" and bureaucracy; not free market capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Is it intentional or is it ideology, hubris and incompetence?
    I think it is really just poor central planning on the axis Wall Street - City of London. 95 percent of the blame is on the US Democratic Party really.

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Either you are not expressing yourself coherently or you’re talking out of your ass. I’m not sure which, but I’m getting there.

A product is a product. It may or may not have value on the free market. Value is complicated and not as simply defined as you are saying.

There are a metric shit ton of patents in the biological sciences (Chimeric molecules and methods of their creation in molecular biology and biochemistry for one) that are not on the market and earn zero revenue.

They are still “products” by your definition. I do not agree but...

I think I am understanding where you are coming from but I think you are looking at science through the narrow view of your experience. Your choice of the Teflon example leads me to this assumption.

So what area of research are you in?
    Companies view their patent portfolio (and trade secrets) as the value produced by their research groups. This isn't a metric I invented, I'm merely sharing it with you.

If you read the news, you'd think all scientists do is predict covid death rates and global warming in the year 2050. And, this isn't accurate. Scientists spend the vast bulk of their time creating things in a lab, that have commercial or military value.

But I am only talking about the physical sciences.

All, has there been a consensus if the virus was man made or not? Please post a link if possible.
    The overwhelming likelihood is that it arose by natural evolution, probably partially in Malayan pangolin:

The coronavirus was not engineered in a lab. Here's how we know. | Live Science

... that's an article based on the research reported in this paper:

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2 | Nature Medicine

... and the paper is free to read here:

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Mark,

What is going to happen when Texas, Florida, Arizona, S.Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas all get to as high or higher cases per captia than New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massasschuttes

but they wind up having substantially lower deaths per captia (around 1/2 to 1/4 the death/captia) ?

What will be the narrative then?
    Florida was being accused of somehow hiding deaths back in May or so.

All the reporting, true or not, is just gaslighting. The lies confuse people and the truths just add to the quantity of info needing to be processed which overwhelms people by with sheer magnitude of info being dumped on them.

People are just going to further divide based upon who they trust, but there will be a lot more cynics created too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Mark,

What is going to happen when Texas, Florida, Arizona, S.Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas all get to as high or higher cases per captia than New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massasschuttes

but they wind up having substantially lower deaths per captia (around 1/2 to 1/4 the death/captia) ?

What will be the narrative then?
    They'll ignore the low death rates, as they have been doing.

Unless this doesn't occur until after the first week of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But this guy is quite a bit sharper than our friend alsbos: What'''s really going on this year? Jeremy Elliott The Iconic Podcast
    Wait a second, Mark, are you suggesting that this guy is the sort of voice that is credible in all of this?

I don't think the virus was man-made, engineered, or modified.

Isolated then "cultured", researched, and proliferated inside a lab ? sure thing.

And then accidentally got out? Sure

starting strength coach development program
    So, two 'new' mask developments....

Walmart/Sams requiring them starting Monday. AND report that says if we wear masks, all will be good in 4-8 weeks, which would much more likely secure that a college football season can happen.

I'm almost at the point to just giving in to the OPTICS of this...if I have to wear a mask for a month when I go into a store, and if gives me sports - and HS sports - simply because the optics make people feel better, I wonder if it's just worth it to do it.

HS needs to be back in session, and equally as important, HS sports needs to commence, on time. Too many at risk kids (at risk for getting in a lot of trouble) needs the structure of after school sports in their lives.

But...it won't end. 4 weeks will turn into 4 months......