starting strength gym
Page 491 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3914414814894904914924935015415919911491 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Mark,

What is going to happen when Texas, Florida, Arizona, S.Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas all get to as high or higher cases per captia than New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massasschuttes

but they wind up having substantially lower deaths per captia (around 1/2 to 1/4 the death/captia) ?

What will be the narrative then?
    The narrative ought to be that those states didn't purposely infect their fucking nursing homes. That's why their death rates will never be that high. Virtually all of the deaths are coming from a tiny fraction of the population. NYC, Jersey, CT, and a few others have driven the nation's death rate up way higher than it should have been. As Rip said, I hope there is a hell for these governors and bureaucrats to rot in. Prison isn't nearly enough for these worthless pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    Scientists spend the vast bulk of their time creating things in a lab, that have commercial or military value.
    Such bullshit. You don't "run a research group." No fucking way. You probably don't even have a science degree. You don't understand that actual research scientists post on this board, and they are laughing at you. Stop playing on the internet.

I don't think the virus was man-made, engineered, or modified.

Isolated then "cultured", researched, and proliferated inside a lab ? sure thing.

And then accidentally got out? Sure
    But no explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    But no explanation.
    I watched the Joe Rogan Experience episode with Bret Weinstein where the good doctor discussed the RNA that was altered and why. I have found no corroboration for this, but it's not exactly surprising given the state of what information gets to go where. Essentially, the virus was altered in such a way to make it highly infectious within humans, and it would not have otherwise developed that at the same time it developed the capacity to cross species. That is also propagates well inside buildings and is very susceptible to UV radiation likely are from its evolution within the lab environment. These two factors likely artificially "solved" the evolutionary problems it needed to overcome to be as wide-spread as it is.

The reason why it's probably being suppressed is that this is (per Dr. Weinstein) common practice in virology all over the world. Imagine the public backlash for THAT...

Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    Scientists spend the vast bulk of their time creating things in a lab, that have commercial or military value.
    I spend the vast bulk of my time in the lab trying to do experiments which don't work, being annoyed about it, and drinking too much coffee. I have failed you alsbos, and I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

But no explanation.
    Explain what?

China has had a few scares and real problem with viruses over the years.
    The were studying bats and bat viruses and trying to learn about them.
    It got out, apparently in their own country (first) apparently.
    The WHO didn't send their team into Italy, or NYC first.
    China is embarrassed about it.

Mark, do you think its a Bill Gates deep-state thing, or China's (intentional) way to level the global playing field or something?
    Kill off their older population they can't afford and upset the world-economic apple cart at the same time.
    None of this is working is very well.
    No country wants a part in this.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanNewell View Post
    I spend the vast bulk of my time in the lab trying to do experiments which don't work, being annoyed about it, and drinking too much coffee. I have failed you alsbos, and I am sorry.
    “Vast bulk” is boasting.

As if “bulk” isn’t enough. It is vast. Like Elon Musk’s work week. But that’s engineering. Apparently Jordan-the-sipping-scientist takes more coffee breaks than Musk. So a mere “bulk” it should be.

Totally tangentially, I sometimes get insulted at work for doing (or wanting to do) science when engineering is expected: “this isn’t a damn science experiment!”

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    The reason why it's probably being suppressed is that this is (per Dr. Weinstein) common practice in virology all over the world. Imagine the public backlash for THAT...
    David, what is 'it' in this sentence? The virus? I'm just a bit unclear on what you're conveying here in this sentence. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    Wait a second, Mark, are you suggesting that this guy is the sort of voice that is credible in all of this?
    Have you not read enough of this thread to know that everything I post is intended as a topic of discussion? Let me suggest that if you disagree with the gentlemen, that you do a bit of actual work to show us why instead of merely expressing your opinion about me having posted it.

Mark, do you think its a Bill Gates deep-state thing, or China's (intentional) way to level the global playing field or something?
    Kill off their older population they can't afford and upset the world-economic apple cart at the same time.
    I don't know, fulcrum. I have not said that I do know. All I know is that this is not about masks or a virus, and that government power has never once in the history of the world expanded worldwide to the extent it has over the past 4 months.

starting strength coach development program
    Small update...the state of Virginia has shut down fall sports....VHSL: No high school football in Virginia this fall

There are going to be so many lower income kids that are going to get in a lot of trouble, simply because they won't have the structure of football in their lives. This is a terrible decision.