COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 503

starting strength gym
Page 503 of 2385 FirstFirst ... 340345349350150250350450551355360310031503 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 23849

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #5021
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,599

    Default

    • starting strength seminar october 2022
    • starting strength seminar december 2022
    • starting strength seminar february 2023
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Hey man. Forget it. These folks live in their own universe. With their own facts and theories.
    I forgot about muntz.

    __________________________________________

    Back to young Harshray:

    Amy Alkon
    @amyalkon
    Credentialism is a leap to nonthink, giving too much credence to those with credentials and avoiding effort to assess the ideas and work of those who lack them.

  2. #5022
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    IP addresses are different. This one is more childish the even Bruno, who was really just a disagreeable asshole. This kid seems to actually believe in the Tooth Fairy.



    29 going on 30. We used to say that when we were 11 going on 12. I don't wear masks because 1.) they don't accomplish anything biological, and 2.) because I don't want to. It's already been discussed. Catch up.
    Thank you for stating your reasons. Unfortunately you are wrong and here's why:

    Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus | UC San Francisco

    Excerpt from the article :
    'Even now, some Americans are choosing to ignore CDC guidance and local mandates on masks, a hesitation that Chin-Hong says is “foolhardy.”

    There are several strands of evidence supporting the efficacy of masks.

    One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth.'

    It's never too late to be right. hope everyone reads the full article and realises the facts instead of pretending to be an expert.

    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Hey man. Forget it. These folks live in their own universe. With their own facts and theories.

    First they said its wasn't contagious or that deadly.
    Then they said the government and the media were just making stuff up.
    Then they said it was only old and very sick people who got it.
    Then they said masks dont help, and in any case shutting down businesses is worse.
    They never accepted or understood that even if you survive a VERY unfortunate hospital stay, you could end up with long term medical problems - scarring, and worse.
    They say if you get sick, its your on problem.

    They dont accept anything in the MSM, anything that scientists say (they disparage 'scientism'), anythign that ANYone says that they dont like. They simply refuse to accept that this is a serious disease that is ridiculously contagious and quite deadly and disabling. And, we can deal with it now or later. That the ONLY way to ameliorate the long-term economic effects is to deal with the disease now....I never see anyone talk about how life is pretty much back to normal in much of Europe, or that the current outbreaks are EXACTLY in states where people refuse to socially distance, wear masks or even take this seriously.

    Finally, if you disagree with them, you are called childish names and insulted or blocked.

    You gotta move on. I check in here every once in a while and am just amazed. I keep hoping someone comes to their senses. This type of thinking needs to needless death and injury.
    Appreciate your post. It seems you have been through this path that I have embarked. I'm not even trying to be confrontational but for some reason posters here who have nothing factual to reply, resort to name calling. I think that I know the reason too. Apparently I have to just accept their word, without any rational argument or factual evidence, over the expertise of the epidemiologists and the professionals in healthcare who are actually involved at the grassroot level in this Covid pandemic. I'm even open to understanding the reason behind this mentality but I haven't received any sort of convincing rationale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I forgot about muntz.

    __________________________________________

    Back to young Harshray:
    I don't necessarily disagree with Amy Alkon's statement that you have quoted. Sure you should have healthy skepticism. But there's an often overlooked caveat. The caveat that is sometimes forgotten, but mostly conveniently ignored, is that there exists a baseline that determines the prerequisite knowledge required to form an informed opinion about the particular subject matter in question, knowledge which is, more often than not, gained during the course of pursuing the said credential.

    Would you agree with me on this Mark?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Are they the same people? Or are the IO addresses different? They write nearly exactly the same.
    I am no impostor, mpalios. Whoever you are referring to, I am not he.

  3. #5023
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Hey man. Forget it. These folks live in their own universe. With their own facts and theories.

    First they said its wasn't contagious or that deadly.
    Then they said the government and the media were just making stuff up.
    Then they said it was only old and very sick people who got it.
    Then they said masks dont help, and in any case shutting down businesses is worse.
    They never accepted or understood that even if you survive a VERY unfortunate hospital stay, you could end up with long term medical problems - scarring, and worse.
    They say if you get sick, its your on problem.

    They dont accept anything in the MSM, anything that scientists say (they disparage 'scientism'), anythign that ANYone says that they dont like. They simply refuse to accept that this is a serious disease that is ridiculously contagious and quite deadly and disabling. And, we can deal with it now or later. That the ONLY way to ameliorate the long-term economic effects is to deal with the disease now....I never see anyone talk about how life is pretty much back to normal in much of Europe, or that the current outbreaks are EXACTLY in states where people refuse to socially distance, wear masks or even take this seriously.

    Finally, if you disagree with them, you are called childish names and insulted or blocked.

    You gotta move on. I check in here every once in a while and am just amazed. I keep hoping someone comes to their senses. This type of thinking needs to needless death and injury.
    Do you exhibit the same histrionics every Winter when the flu kills approx 650,000 globally? No, of course you don't. Then why do you, and those like you, behave like the apocalypse is upon us when this Coronavirus is PROVEN to be no more deadly than the flu?

    The reason is that you are a non-thinking sheep, and you take your cues, in terms of what you should think, and which opinions you should have, from the mass media. You have not the testicular fortitude to stand fast and firm to your own independence as a man. Why do your own research when our mass media and corrupt governments and quangos do it for us! We aren't here to 'think'! We are just here to shop, consume, pay and 'be happy'.

    Dr Birx, the White House Coronavirus Repsonse Coordinator ADMITTED that people who die of non-C19 causes are included in the c19 death statistic if they simply have the c19 virus in their system. If they did the same thing with the Influenza viruses, those figures would also be ridiculously over-inflated. This is so obvious.

    Dr. Deborah Birx | Recording Covid-19 as Cause of Death No Matter What - YouTube

  4. #5024
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    So what’s going on with this Schaffner fellow at Vanderbilt (fairly popular now), who seems to have done (almost?) a 180 on masks?

    No Mask (early March):

    Do surgical masks protect against coronavirus? | Fox News

    Mask (July 6):

    Exclusive – Dr. William Schaffner Explains Coronavirus Infection Rates, Masks, Best Practices

    These guys been in the business long enough to get it right the first time.

  5. #5025
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    These guys been in the business long enough to get it right the first time.
    Experts, as it were.

  6. #5026
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshray Koladdy View Post
    Thank you for stating your reasons. Unfortunately you are wrong and here's why:

    Still Confused About Masks? Heres the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus | UC San Francisco

    Excerpt from the article :
    'Even now, some Americans are choosing to ignore CDC guidance and local mandates on masks, a hesitation that Chin-Hong says is foolhardy.

    There are several strands of evidence supporting the efficacy of masks.

    One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth.'

    It's never too late to be right. hope everyone reads the full article and realises the facts instead of pretending to be an expert.
    Why did the 2019 meta-analysis from the World Health Organization find limited evidence for effectiveness of masks?

  7. #5027
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshray Koladdy View Post

    Apparently I have to just accept their word, without any rational argument or factual evidence, over the expertise of the epidemiologists and the professionals in healthcare who are actually involved at the grassroot level in this Covid pandemic. I'm even open to understanding the reason behind this mentality but I haven't received any sort of convincing rationale.

    That's the problem, with masks there is no factual evidence they have any effectiveness outside of a hospital setting. You might want to listen to some epidemiologists that know what they are talking about, and yes they're doctors too.

    Oxford epidemiologists: suppression strategy is not viable - YouTube

    Dr Tom Jefferson on masks: “Aside from people who are exposed on the frontlines, there is no evidence that masks make any difference, but what’s even more extraordinary is the uncertainty: we don’t know if these things make any difference…. We should have done randomised control trials in February, March and April but not anymore because viral circulation is low and we will need huge number of enrolees to show whether there was any difference”.

  8. #5028
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    49,599

    Default

    The truth about Sweden: Why Sweden Succeeded in “Flattening the Curve” and New York Failed - Foundation for Economic Education

    When Mises speaks of the “pre-eminence of his own plan,” it’s hard not to think of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who in March sounded downright indignant when a reporter asked about nursing homes objecting to his plan of prohibiting them from screening for COVID-19.

    “They don’t have the right to object,” Cuomo answered. “That is the rule, and that is the regulation, and they have to comply with it.”

    Cuomo clearly saw his central plan as superior to that of individuals acting within the marketplace.

    The policy of forcing nursing homes to take COVID carrying patients, which was adopted by numerous US states with high virus death tolls, is a stark contrast to Sweden’s market-based approach that trusted individuals to plan for themselves.
    In a simpler day, Cuomo would be dead by now.

  9. #5029
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshray Koladdy View Post
    Here we go again, I'm trying to be civil here, but you just keep ranting without any rational statements.

    I have no issues telling you my age. I'm 29, soon to be 30. Now would you care to tell me why you don't wear masks? And why you think age has any correlation with expertise ?
    Quote Originally Posted by muntz View Post
    Hey man. Forget it. These folks live in their own universe. With their own facts and theories.

    First they said its wasn't contagious or that deadly.
    Then they said the government and the media were just making stuff up.
    Then they said it was only old and very sick people who got it.
    Then they said masks dont help, and in any case shutting down businesses is worse.
    They never accepted or understood that even if you survive a VERY unfortunate hospital stay, you could end up with long term medical problems - scarring, and worse.
    They say if you get sick, its your on problem.

    They dont accept anything in the MSM, anything that scientists say (they disparage 'scientism'), anythign that ANYone says that they dont like. They simply refuse to accept that this is a serious disease that is ridiculously contagious and quite deadly and disabling. And, we can deal with it now or later. That the ONLY way to ameliorate the long-term economic effects is to deal with the disease now....I never see anyone talk about how life is pretty much back to normal in much of Europe, or that the current outbreaks are EXACTLY in states where people refuse to socially distance, wear masks or even take this seriously.

    Finally, if you disagree with them, you are called childish names and insulted or blocked.

    You gotta move on. I check in here every once in a while and am just amazed. I keep hoping someone comes to their senses. This type of thinking needs to needless death and injury.
    There are over 500 pages on this thread alone which explain why none of this is correct.

    You ignore the evidence people offer you and call them conspiracy theorists, then act taken aback when people call you out on it. What you guys are doing is projecting. Some of us have been around the block a few times and we're smart enough to know that it's not worth engaging with someone who doesn't want to listen. The best thing to do is just make fun of them and hope they take the hint.

    Here is an excellent take by Briggs that will be soundly ignored because he is not an "expert".

    Coronavirus Update XXII: Mask Madness: Updates At End – William M. Briggs

  10. #5030
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    63

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by abduality View Post
    Why did the 2019 meta-analysis from the World Health Organization find limited evidence for effectiveness of masks?
    Before Harshray points out the updated World Health Organization guidance on face masks last month, it might be worth viewing the tweet from our UK BBC medical correspondent

    https://twitter.com/deb_cohen/status...44773030633473

    Spineless bunch!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •