starting strength gym
Page 527 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 2742747751752552652752852953757762710271527 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 30196

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I'm curious (like I was with the lockdown) to see how long the mask mandate will last before people just start ignoring it. I stopped at Home Depot this morning, located in a suburb fairly close to Columbus, OH, and I was pleased to see that a lot of the contractors weren't wearing masks and none of the staff were hassling them about it.
    I'm finding it curious to see how the waiters and waitresses in my town were really quick to single out who among the clientele is a paranoid maniac and who is a normal person. Masks only get worn when maniacs come for drinks. Plus all the bars got some kind of smoke signal system going on to notify each other when inspectors are on the prowl. We got some stupid citizen police force prowling the streets, kinda like a state sponsored neighbourhood watch or whatever that thing is called in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan View Post
    In March when the insanity began, I expected to see very strong push-back from the public regarding ever-increasing restrictions to personal behavior/activity; much of that push-back being more and more people refusing to accept ever-contradictory reporting as well as ignoring/breaking orders and rules handed down from the enlightened. By now, I expected some rough behavior by those people (normally, law-abiding citizens) in response to continued economic/social destruction laid down by the rules set by our betters.

Instead, I/we see (when we can find the reporting, these days) rabble-rousing, rented thugs throwing bricks and threatening doom on any organization that disagrees with their lack-of-cause. These winners are the ones pushing back against all kinds of things they can't define or spell.

All the while, the law-abiding, normal/law-abiding folks walk/drive around in masks and nag their neighbors about not wearing theirs. As you said Coach, we are failing this test so far.

And, maybe many of the mask wearers are not much different than the brick throwers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This seems applicable: The Four Quadrants of Conformism

Does anyone have a better theory for the lack of disobedience from law-abiding Americans over all this, than the one I proposed much earlier, that so many of us are so overextended on credit that we cannot risk even the slightest insubordination to "the law," lest we lose our jobs and that whole fiscal house of cards come falling apart?

We should acknowledge, Dr. Manhattan, that there WAS legal, constitutional pushback in the form of protests and "civil disobedience" (moms in parks and skaters on halfpipes) back in the late Spring, with unnecessarily strong responses from our leaders. Interestingly, the responses of our leaders to the riots, arson, and looting have been incredulously weak, exponentially less than the restrictions imposed upon the former protestors, which leads me to conclude that our leaders are actually supporting the rioters and looters, AGAINST the law-abiding Americans!

What other explanation can there be for the unequal application of law amongst these two groups of "protestors"? Of course, if my supposition is true, that would mean that we law-abiding, land-owning, educated Americans are a repressed people, in need of liberation from.....who!?
    What a pathetic mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    As we all see this movie's plot unfold, consider the following quote:

John Adams wrote

From 7 Principles of biblical warfare to purge the cancer of Marxism

Educate yourself regarding Gramsci's strategy for implementing Marxism. We are witnessing this plan being expertly executed right before our eyes. Marxism cannot be implemented in the US without Gramsci's Cultural Revolution.

Of if you are already an expert, educate me as to why Gramsci's plan is something I want to support....which amounts to the demise of most people on this forum (educated people who will fight to protect ownership of their property).

I ask those who still support the "Democrat Party"...Are you Marxists? Are you prepared for the reality of Gramsci's plan? Will you and your family survive the waves of cleansing our society will require?

Don't believe me? Listen to the words of the BLM leadership: We are trained Marxists

And please don't insult our intelligence by trying to separate BLM from the DNC and it's platform: they are one.

Lastly, every time you police someone for using the wrong words, you are carrying out Gramsci's plan. Educate yourself about where this goes because this is officially no longer "right wing paranoia": The Democrats are Marxists

Case in point: North Carolina professor found dead weeks after backlash over "slave state" tweets - The guy ran his mouth and now he's dead. He's a victim of the first wave of this cultural revolution. Words are dangerous. Look at the guy's tweet that brought him down!

Re-educate me, please. No ad-hominem. No whataboutisms. Have you really thought this through? Blue dog Democrats? Explain yourselves damnit!
    What a great analysis; I plan to share it with friends. It kind of shows also how dealing with this stuff with politeness and law-abiding-ness, like we did with PC culture in the 90s, ABCDLGBT, single mom exhaltation, and all the other anti-social movements the left has brought us, has gotten us no "victories" and no relief from the madness. There Must Be a New Way Forward.

Thank you, Kitsuma!

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    From the beginning of this mask mandate I've struggled to effectively communicate to family what I know in my gut - that among other things this is an exercise in dehumanization. This man nails it.

Tyranny of the Mask
    And after you watch this, copy the url from Twitter and paste in to a new tab, to see what Twitter thinks about this.

And I cannot stress the importance of this piece enough: The COVID Coup - The American Mind

The 2016 U.S. election confronted the U.S. ruling class with the possibility that the presidency’s enormous powers might be used to dismantle its network of prestige and privileges. The public is just beginning to understand the extent to which all manner of bureaucrats and allies used their powers to try defeating the challenge of 2016, and then instituted the socio-political equivalent of basketball’s “full court press,” treating anything and everything about the Trump administration as illegitimate, running official investigations not to gather information but as pretexts for feeding slander to their media associates. They tried to catch Trump in perjury traps. They toyed with the idea of leading him into statements that might be construed as bases for removal from office. But the U.S. economy boomed. Trump’s ratings rose. As 2020 dawned and Trump seemed a cinch for re-election, the Democratic Party et al. were grasping at straws for ways of getting at him.

By the time COVID came over the horizon, thought of using it had already crossed ruling class’s minds. No conspiracy was necessary or possible. The existing party sentiment and like-mindedness were enough to produce the unanimity and uniformity with which the ruling class has used the COVID-19 event to produce, stoke, and maintain fear, to energize its constituencies’ agendas in pursuit its power.

In January 2017 Dr. Anthony Fauci, speaking at Georgetown University, said he had no doubt that the Trump administration would face a “surprise outbreak” of “infectious diseases.” A few days earlier, The Atlantic published an article titled “How a Pandemic Might Play Out Under Trump,” which wished out loud that Trump’s handling of such an event would undermine his presidency. Yet earlier, NYU professor Arthur Caplan had published an article along the same lines: “The End of Civilization and the Real Donald Trump.” In short, weaponizing a public health event had crossed eager minds.

Black lives matter to the media? Wrong kind of black life?Peace-loving black Trump super-supporter shot dead hours after giving pro-Trump interview

America is over.

Texas should secede to get away from the debt bomb. Alex Jones was right 10/10 about everything. But at least we had Mark Hurling posting about Kalifornia and rainbows and Beowulf..... that was really helpful.

Form a new alliance, start it up and get moving in a new direction, this country is 80% commie and it's over.

God speed anons

Right here in Wichita Falls Texas, this gal has more balls than our entire city council: Black welfare-to-millionaire woman goes viral for condemning removal of Confederate monument - TheBlaze

And I cannot stress the importance of this piece enough: The COVID Coup - The American Mind
    Four years ago, one would say, crazy talk. Sure they are butt hurt, but such is politics. 6 months ago, one would say, this is getting dangerously extreme but rational heads usually prevail. Now one says, it’s actually happening, denial is peril.

The American Mind essay is not pablum, it is a fundamental illustration of Occam. Any forecasts in how this resolves in the next few years?

And after you watch this, copy the url from Twitter and paste in to a new tab, to see what Twitter thinks about this.

Codevilla is a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm77 View Post
    America is over.

Texas should secede to get away from the debt bomb. Alex Jones was right 10/10 about everything. But at least we had Mark Hurling posting about Kalifornia and rainbows and Beowulf..... that was really helpful.

Form a new alliance, start it up and get moving in a new direction, this country is 80% commie and it's over.

God speed anons
    Calm your fuckin' tits. The rioting is burning down the people who voted for it. We're still a ways out from meaningful economic collapse... however avoidable or not it maybe.

It's Postmodernism and Marxism sure, but now you're seeing the effects of what a few people in positions of power in many institutions can do.

Imagine what might happen if we fired these people and went back to work.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Does anyone have a better theory for the lack of disobedience from law-abiding Americans over all this, than the one I proposed much earlier, that so many of us are so overextended on credit that we cannot risk even the slightest insubordination to "the law," lest we lose our jobs and that whole fiscal house of cards come falling apart?
    I've watched as groups and individuals who do do something have generally been left entirely to their own devices when they do take a stand and wind up getting arrested or something.

"The conservatives of the world, are endlessly surprised to discover that their enemies actually hate them, aren't going to play fair, and aren't going to heed dire warning #863,527 that someday, someone who almost certainly isn't them, is going to do something about it."