starting strength gym
Page 530 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 3043048052052852953053153254058063010301530 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gleichauf View Post
    You have presented a false dilemma. He could be something other than the two options you presented and my guess is that he is. He’s just wrong. Furthermore, he could also be woefully ignorant and a dedicated racist ideologue. I don’t know. And neither do you. A stunningly high number of people are woefully ignorant but to call him racist because he questioned an historical event, that’s weak tea.
    I'm one of those evil, twisted white men who has the audacity to assume that all races, including the Jewish one, has to be held accountable for it's own crimes. You know, how white men since the 1960s have been held over hot coals because of the supposed 'evils' of their ancestors in the history of colonialism - something now being weaponised on the streets of America by anti-white groups such as BLM and AntiFa? But to point out the hugely disproportionate role played by another race in the gestation, formation and murderous industrial application of Communism/Marxism-Leninism is 'anti-semitic'. Or should that be 'counter-revolutionary'?

And as for the specific issue referred to (just to add another layer to my unreconstructed evil 'dedicated idealogue' persona) by the confused and may I say paranoid individual you quote, i happen to be willing to question everything held dear my modernity if there happens to be a theory out there/data out there that questions 'it's' place on the high Holy Hill. That includes the legends of the Second World War. Some people don't like that because they 'have a dog in the race'; others because they have a strictly emotional grasp of the issue at hand and the notion of contemplating that the said issue may not in fact have occurred quite as the modern mythological incarnation of it describes, makes some tremble with fear.

I was brought up to despise lies. I also despise collective self-flagellation. I see how certain things are a mental millstone around the neck of Robert Burns called, "oor ain folk" when the evidence makes it clear that needn't be the case. And, i am a firm believer in two particular dictums:

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously." Nietzsche

"If it is not right, do not do it;
    If it is not true, do not say it
    ." Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    Put it this way. If Biden gets in, you won't see another Republican government again (Not that they have done you any favours recently). It will be one-party-rule, especially once the Democrats unleash those millions of new Dem voters currently with 'illegal alien' legal status. If Trump gets re-elected, it will only delay the inevitable.

America will become a monstrous Bolshevik-Capitalist Frankenstein's monster because the proportion of the people who built CIVILISATION in the USA plummeted from 90% in 1950 to 60% (and declining rapidly) today. And then it will break-up, or 'Balkanize' to use a fashionable term.

You think it's all about ideology, some mind virus, which millions will magically be cured of when you get 'the right guys' in positions of power? Ha! Your entire system is rotten to the core, propped up with bribes ('donations') and lies and a very strong, irrepressible urge amongst the white men not to offend anyone other than fellow whites. And then there are the tsunamis of lies and false impressions created by the world's most powerful and influential mass media and the power of the international financiers who hold the debt of governments worldwide. The ties that bind our 'Western' civilisation together are not profitable, hence they have been made 'politically incorrect', and when you do that you put a tourniquet on the very lifeblood of that civilisation and it' ability to continue to sustain itself.

The United States of America IS over. The ending is a foregone conclusion. Only it's severity is thus far not predictable. But by 2100, the USA will NOT exist in it's current state and boundaries. Not a chance.

So much blood and tears were soaked into the eternal sands so that a great civilisation could be established - by Northern Europeans, particularly Britons - in the Americas. One awful Civil War almost 140 years ago to give it some kind of final, lasting political form (it was nothing to do with slavery - Lincoln's words make that clear). But, since the turn of the twentieth century, and especially after the Second World War, the rot set in and began to advance a terminal decay that has now infected the kind of every American to the extent that the most armed population of civilians in the history of the planet can be easily conned into donning a useless surgical mask for dishonest reasons. And those true Americans, those who are the descendants of the pioneers and soldiers who took part in the hard times in forging America, now tip-toe softly around all the 'New Americans' and those 'Americans' who've been put on a pedestal by the media and government (and even having the audacity to encourage OTHER nation's government's to put them on a pedestal) but are a product of the decay.

America is paying for measuring it's 'progress' in terms of apparent wealth, crass entertainment, technological refinement and to what extent it's people are willing to embrace 'Liberal' ideas (ideas which are not actually 'Liberal' in the classic sense of the word, but closer to Bolshevism).

American Universities have spent DECADES brainwashing your students into accepting Communistic ideas. This was spoken of in the USA before the Second World War. Roosevelt was considered to have been a Red sympathiser (book: 'Roosevelt's Red Record'). Remember 1968. Remember opposition to the Viet Nam war - nothing to do with the squandering of US servicemen's lives. Read how the ideology of this 1969 group corresponds with what you hear today from the Democrats: Weather Underground - Wikipedia

As expected, they are STILL active, and ven mor einfluential than before. (BLM): Susan Rosenberg - Wikipedia

So if you think this is some kind of passing phase that will be relieved when 'our guy' get the hot seat in the oval office, you are way off. This has been accumulating for a VERY long time. These things are what destroys nations.
    I don't know how old you are, but this has been the trope of hand wringers since 1968. We had that dilettante Carter, along with Lord Clinton and then Obama in the interim. Every single time it was heralded as the end of our representative republic. It wasn't and it won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post

we law-abiding, land-owning, educated Americans are a repressed people, in need of liberation from.....who!?
    What is this "we" business? I thought you were an American expatriate living in Russia. I'm curious how your background informs your current perspective. Where did you grow up in the U.S.? You previously claimed that you worked in "higher education" in the U.S. before you emigrated to Russia. At what college/university did you work and in what capacity? Are you currently a land-owner in the U.S.? How are you, an American emigrant living in Russia, being repressed by the unequal application of law against the "law-abiding, land-owning, educated Americans" in America?

So, this is nuts: https://twitter.com/Rover829/status/1287625199643320321

Reuters: Vietnam is evacuating 80,000 people, mostly local tourists, from the central city of Danang after three residents tested positive for the coronavirus at the weekend, the government said on Monday.
    The worst part about this are the replies, many of which hail this as successful government intervention and a wish that the US would do something similar.

Seems like a trend though. For weeks now we've been lectured by our betters about how Europe and Asia and everywhere-except-the-US are doing so much better with respect to the virus. The problem lies with those dumb, selfish Americans and our incompetent government, and the evidence was "RECORD NEW CASES!" Surprise, viruses spread and now we're seeing "RECORD NEW CASES!" in other countries, so the narrative has to shift to praising the "effective" response of non-US governments to outbreaks, where effectiveness is measured in severity. Same reason Cuomo is hailed as a hero and NYC is held up as a model of how to respond to the virus, while red states and their governors (which have a fraction of the deaths in NYC) are examples of feckless and incompetent leadership. Everything that should matter doesn't.

DA Rowe...great post. Just so you know, anyone who seriously follows Q would agree with what you said. Q's primary message is be loud but "Calm you tits". Q is actually criticized for that message by many...but I think it's played a role in preventing stupid responses to this school play taking place in our cities right now with the astroturf BLM/Antifa shitshow.

And for what it's worth, Q is simply Trump and a small team of NSA types. It's just a backchannel whereby Trump bypasses the MSM and talks directly to both his enemies in the deep state and his base. That's all it is. It's part psyop and part prescience.

Joey Diaz said something last week that I found helpful. Maybe others here would benefit. Start at 3 minutes for full context, or just goto the 5 minute mark for the meat: Joey Diaz Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post

Look, I don't think hardly anything you've said you think I do. Where I might... it's useless to discuss it. Because you just spent all that time typing at me, so I don't believe you give a shit about asking me about it. I don't know if this country will be here or not next year. Or in ten. Or a hundred.
    I don't think your knowledge of Scotland extends beyond Braveheart.

And, i have no issue with the Germans of the past. Germany didn't declare war on my country.

I don't know Ayrsson, who rules Britannia? You guys have done a remarkable job of becoming irrelevant, especially over the past few months when you could have taken a different tack on this "pandemic."

You world war three guys are making far too much drama out of everything.

I don't know, Jovan, the first one started with the killing of a lowly Archduke.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    I'm one of those evil, twisted white men who has the audacity to assume that all races, including the Jewish one, has to be held accountable for it's own crimes.
    I gotta say, the "Jewish race"? Is this simply a quirk of the way you use language or do you really believe Jews have a race? Because Judaism spans a significant range of various ethnic AND racial DNA's around the world.