starting strength gym
Page 531 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 3143148152152953053153253354158163110311531 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Just so you know, anyone who seriously follows Q would agree with what you said. Q's primary message is be loud but "Calm you tits". Q is actually criticized for that message by many...but I think it's played a role in preventing stupid responses to this school play taking place in our cities right now with the astroturf BLM/Antifa shitshow.

And for what it's worth, Q is simply Trump and a small team of NSA types. It's just a backchannel whereby Trump bypasses the MSM and talks directly to both his enemies in the deep state and his base. That's all it is. It's part psyop and part prescience.

Joey Diaz said something last week that I found helpful. Maybe others here would benefit. Start at 3 minutes for full context, or just goto the 5 minute mark for the meat: Joey Diaz Youtube
    Alright, fair enough. I wasn't necessarily trying to trash it. I just don't believe in conspiracy beyond what you can explain with confluences of interests and power. I've worked intelligence both strategically and operationally long ago, and I don't trust sources I can't vet. Maybe what you say is true. Maybe it isn't.

Doesn't make much difference in the long-run, though, with regards to what your pragmatic, low-level solutions are. There's so much uncertainty right now that I think it would behoove people to pay more attention to the world at arms-length instead of worrying over a thousand different scenarios before November 3rd and after.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    I don't think your knowledge of Scotland extends beyond Braveheart.

And, i have no issue with the Germans of the past. Germany didn't declare war on my country.
    Oh, so you can throw shit at my country, but yours is off limits? Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know Ayrsson, who rules Britannia? You guys have done a remarkable job of becoming irrelevant, especially over the past few months when you could have taken a different tack on this "pandemic."
    I don't know, Rip. Britain was irrelevant long before the beginning of the Covid-19 saga.

Britain, 80 years ago, held the largest empire the world has ever seen. Less than a century ago it was the most relevant nation on earth. Our latent genius couldn't be contained. It gave birth to the USA. Then our government couldn't hold on to the Empire. Pressure from the USSR & USA didn't help. In a matter of 30 years it was all gone. Our colonies in Africa left to the Soviet-backed savages.

However, at least our hospitals aren't at risk of going bust.

Atilis Gym Bellmawr was barricaded by the cops. Its owners were arrested but apparently posted bail.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    I don't know if this country will be here or not next year. Or in ten. Or a hundred.

But I don't WORRY about it. I don't screech at strangers on the internet. I don't care about dying, but I do care about not living well enough. I care about the example and future I build for my children.

I'm prepared to secure or rebuild that future for them -- even should the worst happen. You guys just keep clutching your pearls and sit this one out.

OK, David, in this post you sound a little more *offended* than your previous, clear-headed one, so I would be remiss to wait longer to respond.

Clearly you've drawn a line in the sand. There are:

Chicken-littles who think America is on fire (I suppose I've been lumped in here, too);

And ostriches, such as yourself, who think things are mostly fine and this will all blow over.

You all think we're over-reacting, given:

1. Much worse sh*t has gone down before, and we Americans got over it (not you, but a different ostrich mentioned this, about the 60s and 70s and Weathermen etc.)

2. All this sh*t won't bring us even close to death, anyway, so what's the big phucking deal!? (you're right; we'll be less free but still alive!). THANK YOU for your military service, and the huge balls you have to put Everything on the line, spilling blood for our great country.

3. We can "ride this out" and be mostly safe and have our liberty intact.

....I've also responded to your most recent post because, wow, you have kids, and yet still choose to be an ostritch!! How you can still be holding your opinions when you have kids is beyond my comprehension, unless you're only predicting America's status in a decade, tops.

So, I *could* be sold on your Ostrich position, if you (plural; not just you, David) could explain:

--How things got "better" by following point one. Pretty sure if you plot our Progression through "getting over" each cultural battle over the past five decades, the baseline keeps getting moved further and further out. Wasn't gay marriage unthinkable two decades ago? And now accepting that there are more than two sexes is closer to baseline thought! Waiting things out to "get through" airport security changes without profiling and the Patriot Act after 9/11 was a victorious game plan, right? We "sat out" those battles, and eventually everything returned to equilibrium, right?? :P

--How "riding out the storm" makes things better for our kids. White Flight 2 seems like a cowardly retreat that leaves all the problems for our kids to deal with, albeit from a position of retreat. It would be hard to rationally argue that most of today's policy "losses" would have been harder to prevent or overcome, had White Flight 1 in the 80s not occurred.

--Why even phucking spend hundreds of pages debating CoVid-19 Factors We Should Consider, if not of this is much more than a scraped knee, anyway!?

How do YOU (plural; not just you, David) think us Chicken-littles can better substantiate our positions that things are Dire enough to demand New and Swift action; what questions must be answered?
    Because we can't even begin to concoct efficient, Communist-killing ideas, if half of us don't even think the "problems" are serious enough to merit different reactions from what we did in the past.

So, in light of those solutions and evaluations proposed by the Ostrich party, I'll borrow your "tits" metaphor and conclude that the Ostritches, like David, just want to bust a few more nuts while everything's OK. They proclaim: Don't blue-ball us, you damn pearl-clutchers!

Quote Originally Posted by dssm198 View Post
    Is it a double standard or did the D.C. mayor "exempt" federal employees because she can't enforce D.C. law on federal property and she was deferring to the federal government's authority to deal with its own employees? Seriously asking.
    Well, she didn't exempt all the other people in the country she doesn't have power over specifically. If one doesn't have authority over a group by default it usually isn't mentioned in policy that they are exempt, it's taken for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I don't know, Jovan, the first one started with the killing of a lowly Archduke.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
    What is this "we" business? I thought you were an American expatriate living in Russia. I'm curious how your background informs your current perspective. Where did you grow up in the U.S.? You previously claimed that you worked in "higher education" in the U.S. before you emigrated to Russia. At what college/university did you work and in what capacity? Are you currently a land-owner in the U.S.? How are you, an American emigrant living in Russia, being repressed by the unequal application of law against the "law-abiding, land-owning, educated Americans" in America?
    The "we" business is that I'm an (at least) fourth-generation American (great-grandparents immigrated here from Italy, Ireland, Poland, and Lithuania), and was sad to see when I lived there (from birth, in DC, no less!) how "our" voices and opinions were less equal than others, and am saddened now to see how *we're* becoming less equal, even after President Trump's unbelievable victory.
    I worked in an urban area and had a Romney sticker on my bumper (the middle fingers and Egg you's shouted at stoplights were always fun!), and now I wonder what would go down with Trump gear on my ride (Do Obama-stickered cars get vandalized, or drivers harassed, in Red states? Hmmm, I wonder why not?)

How do you define expatriate (I moved away less than five years ago)?

What's YOUR position, 123, on any of the current affairs being discussed? I can't explain my perspective if I don't know which parts of it you agree or disagree with. C'mon, man, stake out your position and back it up!

And no more personal details from me, because they're irrelevant if we don't even know what you think.

I'm guessing my "land-owning" caveat really got your blood boiling, right?
    (I've actually come to realize with age that many of our Republic's current dilemmas may have been avoided, had we not removed the land ownership suffrage requirement!)

But thank you, 123, for quoting my post! I had a typo there; it was supposed to read:

We Americans are a repressed people, in need of liberation from our repressive government....BY WHOM??
    ...As in, WTF, are the damn Hungarians, Polish, Japanese, or, hell, even the Russians now supposed to swarm in and save White Americans from their BLM and AntiFa Marxist oppressors!?
    Pathetic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDice/...13180647804928

Ann Coulter called it best; if the young white women had been wasting all their energy on child-rearing, there's be a lot less energy left for all this superfluous, hysterical [political?] protest!

And look at all the pasty-whites in gas masks and all geared up! I think a mandatory service obligation, something like 2 years, minimum (is that even enough time to produce effective servicemen for our military, David, or does it need to be longer, like five years?) would do a hell of a lot of good for our young men and our country! Would've been great for me, my brother, and best friend, at least!
    I mean, how many of us can honestly say our late teens and early twenties were spent harmoniously and productively, whether we attended college or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I don't know how old you are, but this has been the trope of hand wringers since 1968. We had that dilettante Carter, along with Lord Clinton and then Obama in the interim. Every single time it was heralded as the end of our representative republic. It wasn't and it won't be.
    OK Boomer.

And of course those "hand ringers" did nothing to restrain any of those wonderful guys, right? They'd have governed the same exact way if nobody was calling them out, right?

For someone who is pretending to have perspective, you seem to be confusing the anomaly of freedom and prosperity that you have lived with with the norm of tyranny and poverty throughout all the rest of world history.

I gotta say, the "Jewish race"? Is this simply a quirk of the way you use language or do you really believe Jews have a race? Because Judaism spans a significant range of various ethnic AND racial DNA's around the world.
    So there's no such thing as Antisemitism then, right? Just people who hate temple goers, right?

I gotta say, the "Jewish race"? Is this simply a quirk of the way you use language or do you really believe Jews have a race? Because Judaism spans a significant range of various ethnic AND racial DNA's around the world.
    Majority are racially Askhenazi (10 million-ish of the total 14 million-ish), then Mizrahi and Sephardi. ofc you have some Somalian Jews in Israel, and other outlier groups - even a tiny number of Indian Jews.

Lots of Jews (Ashkenazim most often, imo) are very vocal about not wanting to be considered White, and do perceive a Jewish race, but others don't, and some consider themselves White. It's not so simple.

In general, I think it's fair to say Jewish ethnicity, religion and nationhood are completely intertwined which makes sense given the genesis of the religion, and the story of the Jewish people. Also explains the reason why something like this law could be passed last year:
    Basic Law: Israel as the Nation-State of the Jewish People - Wikipedia

The strength of Jewish group-identity is only something to be admired and learned from in this world of increasing atomization.

Judaism also gets my vote for the most metal sounding commandment of all religions, ever... Commandment #49 of 613: Not to pass your children through the fire to Molech.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    I don't know, Rip. Britain was irrelevant long before the beginning of the Covid-19 saga.

Britain, 80 years ago, held the largest empire the world has ever seen. Less than a century ago it was the most relevant nation on earth. Our latent genius couldn't be contained. It gave birth to the USA. Then our government couldn't hold on to the Empire. Pressure from the USSR & USA didn't help. In a matter of 30 years it was all gone. Our colonies in Africa left to the Soviet-backed savages.

However, at least our hospitals aren't at risk of going bust.
    I was referring to Scotland. (GASP!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Kaul View Post
    Atilis Gym Bellmawr was barricaded by the cops. Its owners were arrested but apparently posted bail.
    Who do you hire to be a cop in New Jersey?