starting strength gym
Page 538 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 3843848852853653753853954054858863810381538 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Not everyone is a soldier. Not everyone belongs in the military. But, everyone should support the effort against Marxist totalitarianism. There is a useful psychological sense of urgency and motivation created by these histrionic individuals who overreact and post internet rants. Even small steps, like spreading censored videos, questioning authority, discussing banned ideas or more passive steps like refusing to bend the knee to terrorists like BLM and cancel culture.

Everyone has a role; It is intelligent to know what role you can play most effectively yourself and what role others can play most effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is the bottom line: The vast majority of the population of the earth is innumerate.
    I need to start using the term "innumeracy" more.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    That's an interesting thought. The Cold War was before my time, but wasn't that the case with the USSR, especially in the early stages? My dad tells me stories about how everyone was terrified of the Soviets, but after the Berlin Wall fell and they were able to assess the situation, they realized the Reds were years behind the US in pretty much everything.
    They are currently having massive floods along with speculation that major dams, maybe even the Three Gorges Dam, could collapse. New buildings often fall down for no reason: Are NEW Chinese buildings really FALLING DOWN? - YouTube
    I still like the publisher of that video for a fair and relatively uncensored view of modern China.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    The Bank of England has thousands of stockholders. But their identity is forbidden to be publicized. I'll bet there are some names there that would raise a few eyebrows.
    'Scottish' North Sea Oil is largely a Chinese concern these days. The pea-brained Maoists at the SNP were quite happy to 'open up to Chinese investment'. How that was supposed to benefit us i don't think they considered. I sometimes wonder if some of these 'elected' retards viewed it as close to 'reversing colonialism'.
    They were almost certainly bribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    New guy: Cuddliness is a feature of this board. There are other places for you to type.
    Heh. you have not disappointed, my friend. It's a rare thing, in this day and age--a man who truly lives up to his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrsson View Post
    The pea-brained Maoists at the SNP were quite happy to 'open up to Chinese investment'. How that was supposed to benefit us i don't think they considered. I sometimes wonder if some of these 'elected' retards viewed it as close to 'reversing colonialism'.
    It's more likely that they welcomed foreign capital for the same reason the US Republicans did from the beginning until late 2015: because they are owned by the only class of people who benefit from globalism.

Mao, on the other hand, was an marxist (not a blue-haired genderqueer pokemonkin "marxist"), which means he was aware that open borders drives the wages of native workers down and that the flow of capital unrestrained by national interests was bad for everyone other than the elite investor class.

If you learn one thing in the next year, make it this: globalization has ALWAYS been a right-wing priority. What do Right think tanks like the Cato institute, Adam Smith Institute, the one named after Ayn Rand, etc say about globalization/open borders? They don't really say much at all, actually, its more like some sort of squeal/yelp of approving glee.

Do Trade unions, the backbone of the democratic party until very recently, support globalization? Did old school leftists like Bernie support it? Of course not! Why would the poor folks support a policy that only benefits the rich folks?

You should try reading this Marx fellow you're always complaining about, Arryson. You may find that the world is a rather more complicated place than you first assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Not everyone. Back in the late 70's, as a young soldier, I quickly came to understand that the Soviets were not our enemy. The military-industrial complex just filled the masses with fear much in the same way the virus fear mongers are doing today.
    I've long held the opinion that the Russians like us and if given the chance, would be one of our greatest allies.
    Ummm really? What made you come to this conclusion? Stalin’s rants against the capitalists of the West? The warm and fuzzy Brezhnev?

I had the opposite reaction in the 80s at sea. First time you saw a Soviet warship you knew they meant business.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

I need to start using the term "innumeracy" more.
    I had to look up the word

Back to the debate about masks - Twitter: Once you hear it, you can't unhear it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    Not everyone. Back in the late 70's, as a young soldier, I quickly came to understand that the Soviets were not our enemy. The military-industrial complex just filled the masses with fear much in the same way the virus fear mongers are doing today.
    I've long held the opinion that the Russians like us and if given the chance, would be one of our greatest allies.
    It's interesting how history repeats itself. The playbooks for this stuff really aren't that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    They are currently having massive floods along with speculation that major dams, maybe even the Three Gorges Dam, could collapse. New buildings often fall down for no reason: Are NEW Chinese buildings really FALLING DOWN? - YouTube
    I still like the publisher of that video for a fair and relatively uncensored view of modern China.
    I went and spent a year over there back in 2013-2014. It's interesting how things have changed since Xi made himself president for life.

I've been casually following the 3 Gorges Dam thing. I'm not an engineer so I don't know how much of the news is just hearsay and internet speculation, but if that thing breaks catastrophically...oof....

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    I had to look up the word

Back to the debate about masks - Twitter: Once you hear it, you can't unhear it...
    It's what the aliens hear when they watch our extra-galactic TV signals.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    It's what the aliens hear when they watch our extra-galactic TV signals.
    and they all nodded to each other and telepathically agreed "yea...we do that here too"

This is for Ayrsson: Scavino Tweets Bagpipe Bob

and they all nodded to each other and telepathically agreed "yea...we do that here too"

I forgot about bagpipes. I /love/ the sustain of bagpipes. Like the pipe organ. More rousing than Maxwell’s eqns, or extra-galactic emissions.

starting strength coach development program

Looks like AG Barr is finally mopping up the dreck. I do find something likeable about Barr, and i don't think it's just because his ancestors hail from the beautiful town of Barr in my county Ayrshire.

I like this one: https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/statu...71821394702341

Sounds like he kicked their arses. "In particular he spoke over women". Oh no, mustn't speak over mummy. "He was flanked by at least ten staffers, not a person of color among them." So he doesn't do Affirmative Action. Good for him!