starting strength gym
Page 545 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 4544549553554354454554654755559564510451545 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The poster you quoted just seems overly idealistic, which makes sense since he's 25. The ones I am really worried about are all those people who finally have a reason to stop any hint of non-virtual fun other people might like to have sometime in the future. You know, the ones telling us how we have become too relaxed about the pandemic. Jesus Christ, I remember a speech by Terence McKenna, he was raving about how the advent of the internet will finally permit us all to spend our lives on isolated patches of land, communicating with everybody purely online. All these social retards think that the time for this kind of utopia has finally arrived. So the entire digital marketing world - and by extension, the entirety of the media landscape - is trying to push the idea of the "new normal" and "working from home" in order to sell as much bullshit merchandise to their prime demographic - the social retard utopists. As if all those parents stuck in condos with their out of control offspring are eager to not have the option to run away to the office for at least half the day. But as I said, we have pretty much started to completely ignore everything where I live. Keep in mind that the whole thing started here about a month before it did in America, and that the digital industry is stronger where you live, but I give it no more than two months before things revert to something resembling normal life in your part of the world.
    I know a couple people from back where I lived in Wisconsin whose lives consist around going to work and coming home to watch Netflix. I'm sure the pandemic is heaven for them. Those of us who like to actually live our lives? Not so much...

I can't comment on the rest of the US, but here in the region of Columbus, OH it seems like there's a big city/country divide in how much people obey the orders. I've been driving an extra 30 minutes to go to a small town for whatever shopping I need to do and nobody there wears a mask, whereas in my suburb I've gotten glares for filling my car up with gas without wearing a mask.

I do appreciate the ways businesses are finding to skirt the rules though. The other day our Fearless and Brave Governor DeWine mandated that all bars have to stop serving drinks at 10. Some bars are now selling entire bottles of wine and ice buckets filled with beer bottles starting at 9 so patrons can stock up and keep partying until normal bar close.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    I do appreciate the ways businesses are finding to skirt the rules though. The other day our Fearless and Brave Governor DeWine mandated that all bars have to stop serving drinks at 10. Some bars are now selling entire bottles of wine and ice buckets filled with beer bottles starting at 9 so patrons can stock up and keep partying until normal bar close.
    The guys in New Jersey have had enough of this shit: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1289523074686234624

New Jersey gym owners squaring off with Gov. Murphy kick down the barricades at entrance | Fox News

I hope the governor doesn't kill them.

And thanks for this video. Very important:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    It's interesting how history repeats itself. The playbooks for this stuff really aren't that complicated.
    I went and spent a year over there back in 2013-2014. It's interesting how things have changed since Xi made himself president for life....
    This man, who is widely thought to suffer from severe mental illness and disability, is one of the most powerful figures in the modern Chinese military and communist government:

Chairman Mao's grandson: China's most-mocked man - CBS News

But, because the Marxists are in charge, nobody is allowed to criticize him or state the obvious fact that he is ill and incredibly incompetent. It is required that people praise his every move despite his glaringly obvious deficiencies.

This is the same man whose grandfather wanted to cancel any vestige of traditional Chinese culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    8 of them developed tinnitus (which I have had for years and which has not affected my quality of life), and 8 developed "a loss of hearing" -- no word on the degree of hearing loss or its duration.
    Also: among the 16 affected, 64 is the median age. 7/16 reported preexisting hearing loss.

The more reproducible finding:
    Most of these patients are currently waiting for audiological assessment, delayed because of the ongoing pandemic.

This is what happens when Professional Researchers meet propaganda organs. Your default assumption about all news regarding the Deadly COVID-19 Viral Pandemic is that it's all bullshit. All of it. Every word, every syllable.

NoGodsNoSpotters: One of my favorite things our host and hostess (Rip & Stef) have written is their corporate culture statement: Aasgaard About Us.

Read it and you'll get a better feel for the foundation behind Rip's logic as a "mask debate". And, perhaps THAT philosophy is what you are really debating....rather than "the virus". For those who buy into that "corporate culture", everything else falls into place. Perhaps you are more of a collectivist?

I think much of this thread assumes we are all NOT collectivists, so it focuses on why each of us might choose NOT to wear a mask. It is implied that none of us (nor any government) should require an individual to wear a mask...or not wear a mask. But, if you are a collectivist, I can understand why you would disagree. Being 25 and thus a recent product of our current US education system, it makes sense that you would see the world in that way. I think we each can remember the day we discovered liberty; I drove under a bridge with a sign hanging down that said "Google Ron Paul". I'd never heard the name, so I googled him...and that sent me on a journey of self-discovery. Perhaps today you'll think about your commitment to collectivism and begin your journey?

To the liberty oriented here who are looking for something to listen to while you make dinner, etc...I enjoyed this conversation between Quite Frankly and Austen "Fleccas" Fletcher last night starting at 34:26. It's just a couple regular guys spitballing about current affairs and where it's going. Fleccas helped organize the recent Drs in DC video that got banned...and he's the guy who posted video of Nadler claiming the violent "protests" is a myth.

The people who actually die from COVID-19 were dying anyway, and that's why Governors Cuomo, Whitmer, et al decided to place infected people in rest homes -- to thin the herd of those people, who were on the public dime (unless you have a better explanation -- I haven't seen one).
    Very insightful. No way to substantiate it beyond reasonable doubt, but everyone who has been paying attention for the past 40 years realizes that it is a very, very plausible explanation. And to think, this is just one of sundry moral grotesqueries brought to us by "colorblind" right-wing globalism. The voting population, effortlessly brought to a frenzied rage by rhetoric about men wearing dresses, stands idly by as its REAL cultural values/social mores (in this case, the idea that caring for the elderly is a good in and of itself) are trampled by theocrats imposing their religious values on the population writ large.

What is to be done? Does anybody have an idea about where we can start? I'm so desperate, I'm open to anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Very insightful. No way to substantiate it beyond reasonable doubt, but everyone who has been paying attention for the past 40 years realizes that it is a very, very plausible explanation.
    Masterful. Now let's hear your explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGodsNoSpotters View Post
    1. What sense of spirituality is that? The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Bottom Half of Your Own Face? Your spiritual cost literally doesn't matter. We're talking about people losing their livelihoods and dying.

2. I can still hang out with people with the bottom half of my face covered. If I'm on a date that's going well I'll def take the mask off at that point, but that is a much smaller, calculated instance of risk.

3. I'm making my own decisions. It's just smarter to wear a mask at this point. If I didn't believe it was a smarter decision for all the reasons I explained in detail I wouldn't do it.
    Being forced to wear a muzzle when you know its wrong, and when you know it's a lie. Being shut out of living your life. You don't think this has an effect on a human spirit? What about being browbeaten by a bunch of retards who say "put on the mask, people are losing their livelihoods", when the submission to pandemic mandates is what has forced people to lose their livelihoods?

How convenient that you can choose to remove your own mask when you calculate the risk to yourself...just like most of us want to do, especially after looking at the numbers. But I guess making ones own decisions is something only you are allowed to do.

I am glad you are back in your parents basement. Please do not crawl back out of there.

starting strength coach development program
    Masterful. Now let's hear your explanation.
    you're asking for an explanation of the 40 years comment?

it was made offhand. 30 years is arguably more accurate.

still, you could argue that this present era of political economy in the united states (you know, the one that is utterly impossible to reconcile with western values) began with the defeat of the air traffic controllers union in '81. The american labour movement, which epitomized everything good and noble about western culture/western moral philosophy, faded from relevance shortly afterwards. the results of this have been disastrous:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...00_Billion.png andhttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Epsilon-theory-ben-hunt-westworld-may-11-2017-graph-wealth-inequality.png (there is no one sole cause of this trend, obviously, but you will find that the dates match up)

the anti-culture globalists found themselves more able than ever to prey on the United States, expertly dissolving the time-honored social bonds that saw american capitalism's worst impulses checked by a shared sense of national identity/community

with most of our real values totally sidelined and authentic western individualism distorted into a ghoulish, debauched, "it's not only okay, but actually admirable to exploit your community for money" ethic, elites are empowered to undertake profit-making actions that the country would formerly have been capable of collectively objecting to on a moral level. The .1% owns most of the wealth, so they fund most of the state. Cuomo not feeling super-duper concerned about placing infected people in such a way that makes the state less expensive is possibly related to this fact.

i suppose that in short, i think that the particular cuomo decision you highlighted is part-and-parcel to the same process of moral/civiliational decay that has led to the invasion of iraq. you follow me?