starting strength gym
Page 580 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 8048053057057857958058158259063068010801580 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
    Hi Rip, don't know if this was covered earlier, but these massive fines are handed out for heinous crimes like being more than 3 miles from home, ot not wearing a mask (which the chief health officer actually advised he did NOT recommend wearing a mask a couple of months ago)

As it stands, we are not allowed to leave our homes unless it's for work, seek or give medical aid, buy groceries or our alotted 1 hour of exercise time. Groceries and exercise have to be within 5km of home (3.1 miles).

Work can be outside of this radius, but you must carry a "permitted worker form" signed by your employer, detailing your job and it's location.

Face covering must be worn any time you leave your home.
    So, what are you guys going to do about this? Has anybody given that any thought?

I’m not sure if this has been posted already. It’s a bit long (50 min) so set aside some time watch it. It’s very good and worth the watch.

The Fact-Free Lockdown Hysteria | Thomas E. Woods, Jr. - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Norman View Post
    Please proofread my posts for sarcasm...
    I do you a favour by translating your post for you and instead of thanking me, you indignantly ask me to do more editing work for you!?

You postmodernists are unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So, what are you guys going to do about this? Has anybody given that any thought?
    Not a single goddamn thing, Rip.
    Whilst I admire the determination shown in certain small parts of the world to resist this catastrophe that has been placed upon us, the reality is that the vast majority of people are agreeable and submissive to those who impose their will.

Compliance and fear enabled the function of both the Soviet Union and the Third Reich for many years and we all know how that went for those who initially were of compliance.

They're going to grab their guns and... Oh, wait. No they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by strongmonkey View Post
    Not a single goddamn thing, Rip.
    Whilst I admire the determination shown in certain small parts of the world to resist this catastrophe that has been placed upon us, the reality is that the vast majority of people are agreeable and submissive to those who impose their will.

Compliance and fear enabled the function of both the Soviet Union and the Third Reich for many years and we all know how that went for those who initially were of compliance.
    They'll probably do the same thing about it that we're probably going to do about it -- not a goddamn thing.

Its ok Mark, Our Premier here in Victoria is dangling the carrot of maybe, possibly, being allowed to spend christmas with family and friends if we are good citizens and do what we are told.

They'll probably do the same thing about it that we're probably going to do about it -- not a goddamn thing.
    What people also seem completely incapable of grasping is that just about every historical example of a large-scale, tyranical, genocidal, dictatorship nightmare came about not from force of position, but by being agreed to and elected into power by the people (supposedly for the people).

Something as trivial as, "Just wear your mask", "Pop on this gold star", "Inform the authorities if you see anyone not obeying", can quickly turn into hell on earth.
    I'm pretty sure the people of 1930's Germany didn't see too many red flags at the beginning of Hitler's campaign either, but it's hard to turn that ship around once the engines are at full steam.

It has happened before and you'd be a fool to think it can't happen again.

Control the sheeple, control the power.

I think you have lost a little too much hope in the American people. Yes, we have been somewhat compliant, but we are arguing about not wearing a mask. This isn't "move to the camps"...yet. We still are fairly resistant, wearing a mask is a hard argument for or against, so most people just do it so they can go on with their (American) lives. I doubt most Americans would allow it to go into turmoil that quick. However, when the boomers and mid-lifers are gone "whos gonna fill their shoes." I'm afraid my generation (32yo) and the younger ones are much more susceptible to group think and foolish compliance. I agree, we are slowly slipping into naive uniformity, but for one reason, to keep doing what we want to do. We all know the mask is just one way we can support the economy, while at the same time feel like we are doing something about the virus.

starting strength coach development program
    I’ve been waiting for some common sense, objective approach to this Covid pandemic before posting anything on this thread. This latest interview has made me really reconsider the seriousness of the virus, mask wearing, vaccines and my own laissez faire approach to it. I really think it’s worth watching because it is at least trying to be objective. We are stuck in a world of opinions, conspiracies, fake news and incompetent Governments which is colouring our views in a tribal sense-either it has our hackles rising and we see everything as an attack on our freedom, or we are scared into hiding under our beds until the nasty thing goes away. Half of us are terrified a vaccine will be a botched job, a mind control device, an attempt to cull us, or track us; half will take anything as long as Trump doesn’t endorse it. We are in a pretty pickle.

So give this interview a watch. It directed me to an open source science magazine I’d not encountered before. Obviously, like all things, use your judgement, I don’t know that everything here is true, but it at least seems as if it’s a shot in the right direction.

Yaron Interviews: Kira Peikoff on Journalism, Objectivity, Covid & the State of Science - YouTube