starting strength gym
Page 583 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 8348353357358158258358458559363368310831583 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 30189

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This reminds me of people that drive looking only at the car in front of them. Months ago some were warning that there was trouble ahead if we stayed on the path that we were on. Yet most poo-pooed that, instead suggesting “everything’s fine”. Now they see the brake lights slamming on in front of them and wonder why we are stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I get where this guy is coming from, but the rumours of the death of anything are highly premature.
    I tend to agree and any prediction is simple hubris.

The other piece that has to be considered , however, is the fraction of society that has hit the jackpot. I don’t know if it’s a small or large number but they exist. For example, consider an NYC commuter, that person just got an extra 2+ hours a day and reduction in commuting expense. Perhaps their property value in the suburbs is going up while the cities is crashing? Such people dread going back to normal more than they fear the pandemic.

...You've just taught millions of people that they don't need, want, or have to be in NYC. How do you unteach that?
    Even before this mess, there were primarily only a few main groups who lived in NYC. From largest to smallest:
    -Foreign-born residents who need the support of a big city or have limited knowledge of the United States (40% of NYC population)
    -The welfare-poor and children of poor migrants who cannot imagine life outside of their home city or depend on it for financial support, social support and living assistance (~25%)
    - The yuppies who are tied to high-paying jobs or positions that could lead to a high-paying job (~20%)
    - The very wealthy, who can afford to live well and enjoy the positives of New York while travelling often and avoiding many of the negatives. (~5%)

This is not new for the majority. 50 years ago, New York was only ~15% foreign-born and the welfare-poor/first gen immigrant population made up only about 20%.

50 years ago, over half of the city would have been considered middle class or working class. They all have already fled. They were pushed out of the city and do not live there anymore.

Of the current NYC population, the 20% yuppie class is capable of fleeing and a large portion of them almost certainly will.

That 20% is what has kept NYC from turning into another Detroit or Baltimore and they are leaving. That cannot be untaught, but maybe we should start calling NYC by a different name to reflect its changing character.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Has anyone seen this yet?

SHADOW GATE - FULL FILM - YouTube
    Underwhelming.

Here's a good piece on The Aftermath: What Will Not Recover: Government – AIER

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPB View Post
    Pamela Popper has been posting videos exposing the covid nonsense since mid March. She did a very positive interview recently where she is promoting some positive steps we can take to overcome the despots. The optimist in me finds some hope in this.

Pamela Popper & Dustin Nemos on The Plandemic - Organize & Resist. MakeAmericansFreeAgain.com

I believe YouTube took it down, since it was too subversive.
    If nothing else, we've all learned quite a bit about Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook.

Zillow's data suggest NYC and SF are pummeled, but urban real estate, in general, is not.

Our commercial real estate source tells us otherwise. It's very bad everywhere. No deals are taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Has anyone seen this yet?

SHADOW GATE - FULL FILM - YouTube
    YT already removed it as Hate Speech.

Now /that/ makes it interesting.

starting strength coach development program
    Our commercial real estate source tells us otherwise. It's very bad everywhere. No deals are taking place.
    My buddy bought a commercial real estate property In February with a handful of units, and is struggling to rent out units that were once a diner, hair salon, etc. who would have thought? On the other hand, Connecticut residential real estate has skyrocketed From the abundance of New Yorkers moving here. I’m listing a home I bought four years ago for 78k for 155k and should get multiple offers the first week. It’s some crazy shit happening right now with the migrations taking place.