starting strength gym
Page 584 of 3020 FirstFirst ... 8448453457458258358458558659463468410841584 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 30199

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonville View Post
    My buddy bought a commercial real estate property In February with a handful of units, and is struggling to rent out units that were once a diner, hair salon, etc. who would have thought? On the other hand, Connecticut residential real estate has skyrocketed From the abundance of New Yorkers moving here. I’m listing a home I bought four years ago for 78k for 155k and should get multiple offers the first week. It’s some crazy shit happening right now with the migrations taking place.
    Think about NYC residential property. These fools voted for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    I tend to agree and any prediction is simple hubris.

The other piece that has to be considered , however, is the fraction of society that has hit the jackpot. I don’t know if it’s a small or large number but they exist. For example, consider an NYC commuter, that person just got an extra 2+ hours a day and reduction in commuting expense. Perhaps their property value in the suburbs is going up while the cities is crashing? Such people dread going back to normal more than they fear the pandemic.
    Sure, there are numerous groups like that and they are all very vocal about the "new normal". But I think that most people everywhere just want to get on with their lives, and will do so as soon as all the presidents, prime ministers, governors and other scum are done playing the fall of the Wiemar Republic.

The thing is, the telecommuting, remote office, work-from-home thing was already happening for years prior to this whole situation. We saw it in engineering following the 2008 housing market disaster, mostly with medium-sized firms that were plugged into land development for residential construction where they had maybe a handful of offices in one to three states. Those companies were eviscerated and those with a little wherewithal opened up small shops either in rented spaces or in their home offices. All that old-style overhead was a thing of the past. If you needed drawings plotted, you sent it out, which was increasingly less and less common. You did not need dedicated work stations to do do design and drafting and desktop computers were increasingly phased out in exchange for laptops that were cheap enough that they could be replaced every three years. Very fast, very cheap residential internet blew everything wide open. I know of a lot of people that created very competitive, very small, very D.I.Y. businesses after the diaspora that occurred in the late 2000s from several companies that had gone under.

The larger firms and the more boutique firms always had their markets, either in extremely large projects or from a very small, very rich client base. You can't design an airport from your den.

Everyone else in the non-productive sectors are finally getting the hint it seems. Attorneys seem to be some of the last to resist this trend and with good reasons. What we professionals that haven't been in a big office in a decade have come to realize, however, is that working from home sucks, particularly if you don't work for yourself and work in a collaborative industry. It is fraught with stress and a constant always "on" attitude. It is extremely difficult to unplug. I remember working in a bullpen with a bunch of other people. I had my own office, but it was good to be able to get up, walk around, deal with an issue face to face and not over the phone. Couple that with your family responsibilities and you can see the pitfalls and traps. I relished the opportunity to get back into an office, if it was maybe a half-dozen people.

~~~

Jovan, I desperately hope you are right. Given the attitudes of people around here in the States, I'm not optimistic, though. There is so much information, but no knowledge anywhere. Fear has become a virtue. My relationship with family has changed and not for the better, even if that change is unspoken and unacknowledged. People are almost fanatic about the outcome of the upcoming election. I am terrified as to what's going to happen in the late fall and going into 2021.

New York is a tragedy. I long to sit at the bar at Keens and drink whiskey and eat steak with my wife. I weep for the Met. I want to go to a fucking baseball game and I don't give a shit about sports. Little Italy. Our butcher in the Village.

Goddamn it; why couldn't these fuckers just have left us alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    We've been asking ourselves this about government since it was invented. The good news: What Will Not Recover: Government – AIER

Woodside, CA (aka The San Francisco Bay Area or as I like to call it, the belly of the beast)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    me to
    Support these guys 100%!
    DD

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post

Jovan, I desperately hope you are right. Given the attitudes of people around here in the States, I'm not optimistic, though. There is so much information, but no knowledge anywhere. Fear has become a virtue. My relationship with family has changed and not for the better, even if that change is unspoken and unacknowledged. People are almost fanatic about the outcome of the upcoming election. I am terrified as to what's going to happen in the late fall and going into 2021.

New York is a tragedy. I long to sit at the bar at Keens and drink whiskey and eat steak with my wife. I weep for the Met. I want to go to a fucking baseball game and I don't give a shit about sports. Little Italy. Our butcher in the Village.

The thing is, things just seem extremely bleak from your perspective, and rightfully so. However, trust me when I say, it is all just a protracted election campaign. Like, your guys are babies when compared to our guys if you wanna talk about corruption, back door deals, even a general hatred towards the electorate. But, our guys used the whole Covid crisis to push the election from winter to early summer (thank God). You should have seen what it was like just before the election. First they opened everything up, then they let things settle for a month, then you had the biggest panic run in history. Once the elections were over and the government won decisively, we've been going through the weirdest phase in history, the government is actually helping the people with everything. I don't think they are doing it out of a newfound kindness, they just understand how much they fucked up, how close they are to being thrown out of burning buildings, so they have no choice. They have started implementing reforms that have been twenty years due. Weird shit. You guys can expect the same following November 4. Then we can all get ready for the big party coming our way in 2021. Too bad for you for having a wife, I think I'm gonna have much more fun than you next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Rush is reading this on the air right now. He never does that. This is a good piece.

In order to defeat Trump dems have made their constituencies suffer on the city and state levels. What they don't seem to have awakened to as of yet is that their efforts are drying up their indoctrination and recruitment arms in academe and a major source of their funding in the entertainment industry.

They have selected a senescent presidential candidate. What's more they have once again decided to go for a first (like the soviets used to do the in space race) and get a polyracial woman who even the bulk of other dems and many blacks don't believe is qualified for the job. It's simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    The thing is, things just seem extremely bleak from your perspective, and rightfully so. However, trust me when I say, it is all just a protracted election campaign. Like, your guys are babies when compared to our guys if you wanna talk about corruption, back door deals, even a general hatred towards the electorate. But, our guys used the whole Covid crisis to push the election from winter to early summer (thank God). You should have seen what it was like just before the election. First they opened everything up, then they let things settle for a month, then you had the biggest panic run in history. Once the elections were over and the government won decisively, we've been going through the weirdest phase in history, the government is actually helping the people with everything. I don't think they are doing it out of a newfound kindness, they just understand how much they fucked up, how close they are to being thrown out of burning buildings, so they have no choice. They have started implementing reforms that have been twenty years due. Weird shit. You guys can expect the same following November 4. Then we can all get ready for the big party coming our way in 2021. Too bad for you for having a wife, I think I'm gonna have much more fun than you next summer.
    My friend, I pray you're right. I really, really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    In order to defeat Trump dems have made their constituencies suffer on the city and state levels. What they don't seem to have awakened to as of yet is that their efforts are drying up their indoctrination and recruitment arms in academe and a major source of their funding in the entertainment industry.

They have selected a senescent presidential candidate. What's more they have once again decided to go for a first (like the soviets used to do the in space race) and get a polyracial woman who even the bulk of other dems and many blacks don't believe is qualified for the job. It's simply amazing.
    The big hot button issue is police brutality/racism/inequality for the Dems. What did they do? Nominated one of the authors/sponsors of the 1994 Crime Bill and a particularly brutal drug warrior prosecutor who used technicalities to keep people on death row. Fuck, if these people were Repubs, they've toppled the Empire State Building by now. What the hell was the DNC thinking? Identity politics of course. And courting all that California tech money.

starting strength coach development program
    The most damning indictment of Tony Fauci yet.

Doctors are now openly starting to rebel.

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...0983bc072.html