starting strength gym
Page 595 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 9549554558559359459559659760564569510951595 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by neilc1 View Post
    Prick oughta get the same treatment.
    Amen!
    Add you can add to the list the fuckers that terrorized that little pet pig in Seattle I think it was. I'm hopeful the heads they burned were from a butcher but cops found one little terrorized scared pig trapped in an area around a fountain. Fuckers need to be shot.

More importantly it tells me, as someone who has had her own run in with cops and didn't deserve it-never broke a law in my life other a little speeding as a teen- that these anti-fa fags are NOT about non-violence or stopping it. Literally EVERY major serial killer or school shooter including that bastard down here in Pearl years ago started with animals. Because animals are easy. If they will do it to a harmless animal they absolutely will do it to a human given the chance. You kill animal for food and defense and anything else is just practice for what you gonna fo to a person if you get the chance.

Let's remember the issue that brought Mr. Kreg's point to the forum:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreg View Post
    This: "Technology and work-at-home changes have eliminated geography" is definitely not generally true - as you may have observed in your own domain of endeavor. We are mammals who want to smell each other before we really trust each other. We can be organized into companies at a distance, but the work that matters most takes place in the trenches and there, real, not virtual face-to-face interactions will always rule/out compete the alternatives.

It's going to be a painful period for NY and other cities, but as soon as it is possible to operate without the physical distance, folks will rush back in.

This disease is exposing a lot in very concrete ways about how we are organized and how wealth and privilege are distributed - for good and ill - in the face of a universally shared threat. One might hope that this could lead to more fairness, in the long run. Of course, if one fundamentally models ones reality on a lifeboat with limited carrying capacity and a population that far exceeds it, one will not see the possibility of such an outcome.
    He thinks that NYC will come roaring back when it's "possible to operate without the physical distance" because we like smelling each other's butts. There are at least 2 factors that mitigate against this, 1.) our employers have learned that they don't need to pay us what it takes to live in NYC, and 2.) we have smelled enough butts recently to have personally learned that we don't always like what we smell, and there are lots of very stinky butts remaining in NYC because they are the ones who couldn't leave. Free luxury apartments on the Upper Whatever Side may not be enough to get people to move back to Manhattan if the downside is subhuman vermin beating your dog to death if you're so stupid as to take it for a walk. Fairness is a rather ethereal and tangential factor in this particular visceral discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreg View Post
    The point is that they respond negatively to cheating and unequal distribution of resources -- not just for themselves but as a way of maintaining group cohesion. If you tried to simply describe the behaviors that underlie our elevated notions of justice as an ethologist as opposed to a party to some dispute or other, it wouldn't sound much more elevated that what you can read in this abstract. I'll try to do better in terms of providing some sources.
    Au contraire, those primates respond negatively because they didn't get theirs. They don't care about group cohesion when they are hungry, they care about survival. Pretty simple stuff. It don't take ciphering it out from a country mile away to do it not neither.

I don't think my point is really so controversial, though people who are used to only thinking within certain frames (the human political for example) may find the point jarring (looking at you MEH).
    Well this is moderately amusing. I provide you with clear evidence of competition at the cellular level and you now you assert that I am the one who is only used to thinking in certain frames? Brother, you need to remove the beam from your own eye first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This is entirely possible. I'm waiting on clarification from BLM. Has that happened yet? "Disavowal"? As of right now,

As it stands now, these are sub-human pieces of shit.
    Of course not, and it won't be. Hubby used to work as kennel manager at a local shelter. We learned the hard way it pisses a lot of black folks off to no end that we whites treat animals so well. They see it as we treat them better than the black folks and course anyone with a brain can work out that animals can't do for themselves and many of us consider our pets family but that doesn't matter to them. They take it out on them every chance they get. I know that may come across as racist but it's been my consistent and heartbreaking experience.

As it stands now, these are sub-human pieces of shit.
    The constant banning of words such as "black" board and "black" list, point to a lack of any capacity to reason and integrate concepts. They are therefore, exactly as you describe them, essentially just animals. They see words and animals as perceptual level threats in the same way a cat hisses at its reflection. They have given up all rights as human beings and we should waste anything more than a bullet on them.

And just so this doesn't get lost:

Now, here's a fascinating fact. The population of Uganda is 42,729,000. They have had a total of 19 deaths attributed to COVID-19, out of a reported 1750 cases. The death rate in Uganda from COVID-19 is therefore 0.000044%. Anyone care to speculate about why this might be? Might it have something to do with Hydroxychloroquin, chloroquin, and ivermectin?

Quote Originally Posted by DylanClarke View Post
    The numbers aren't the point. The point is that there are situations where not being able to vote might be in your best interest. If there are 1001 parasites for every 1000 decent hardworking renters then it's still in your interests for renters not to be able to vote. On the other hand if the hardworking renters outnumber the parasites - and vote rationally - then allowing them to vote is in your best interest. Just being able to vote is not the gold standard of freedom.
    Yes I understand your point, and actually don't think some sort of requirement to vote would necessarily unreasonable, I just disagree with all the ones Yngvi proposed. George proposed some kind of test, for example. I've often half-jokingly commented that people should have to pass some type of civics test to be allowed to vote. At least that isn't a totally transparent attempt to disenfranchise very specific groups of people that Yngvi doesn't seem to like very much.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanClarke View Post
    This is the mistake I'm talking about.
    You seem fairly okay with other people interfering with your rights to run a business as you see fit, move freely, dress as you want and speak as you want, but not with your right to put a piece of paper in a ballot box every four years. Why is all the freedom concentrated in the act of voting, and not the other things?
    Wow. You sure are putting words in my mouth here. Where did I say all the freedom is concentrated in the act of voting? I think it's an important right, but not the only one. You're making a lot of assumptions about me based on me arguing that I shouldn't be disenfranchised because I rent. I do think that some interferences in some of those things some of the time are an acceptable and necessary part of living together in society, and voting is how I get to have my say, however small, about how much interference in which things. I'm not particularly interested in getting into a long debate about the specifics of my personal politics.

What I am genuinely interested in, is the answer to a question I've asked on the forum once before, in the interests of learning more. We know all about the failed communist states of history. So it's really easy to point and shout "See! Doesn't work!" I take it you're a more libertarian leaning fellow, so maybe you can help me out, but I'd be interested in answers from anyone that's so inclined. Is there some time and place that we can look to as the shining example of a true libertarian state? If not, how are so many folks so sure that it's so desirable? I believe Rip once answered that there have been some places that got close, but didn't elaborate. If anyone can point me towards an era of American or any other country's history they'd consider as that ideal, I'm very interested.

And just so this doesn't get lost:
    I find that statistic fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Is there some time and place that we can look to as the shining example of a true libertarian state? If not, how are so many folks so sure that it's so desirable? I believe Rip once answered that there have been some places that got close, but didn't elaborate. If anyone can point me towards an era of American or any other country's history they'd consider as that ideal, I'm very interested.
    No, it's never existed, and it never will. It's a great idea, and the closer we can get to it, the better. Politicians are what sociopaths grow up to be, and as long as they are running things, there will be no libertarian paradise anywhere.

starting strength coach development program
    Keeping the George Floyd situation in mind, doubtless many of you have seen this already. The police situation in the Phoenix area is interesting, and taken together with the recent Mesa AZ execution by a cop of an unarmed man groveling on the floor pleading for his life, one wonders which is the more dangerous situation, a BLM/Antifa riot where they have torched your house or a law enforcement contact in AZ. Note that the cop who performs this execution also shoots the compliant man in the back -- the Arizona Way, since anything else is just not safe for the officer.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but no one has mentioned it yet, and perhaps this can give pause to "moderates" still looking for redemptive qualities in the BLM movement and just the Democrat party in general.

This man literally was on his knees with his hands up while executed, yet there are no protests nor wall-to-wall coverage of his (alleged) murder, nor immediate charges filed against the officers;

While the "executed" Mike Brown who was literally resisting arrest and had literally charged the officer and tried to take his weapon....got the media coverage, political praise, and protest movements that he got.

Can Occam's Razor still allow for this unequal treatment of news stories to be coincidental? If not, what is the elusive "simplest explanation" for these mistreatments (of facts)?
    Perhaps the damn Pinko Commies really are out fighting for the minds of the American people, and the power strings of our institutions? Yikes.