COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 597

starting strength gym
Page 597 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 10603

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #5961
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    721

    Default

    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    Africa smashed the narrative the most, I think. Based on the projected panic, there should have been hundreds of thousands of deaths there by late May. The problem is, nobody ever looks at Africa. My guess is, African governments and their associated medical establishment have little incentive to cook the numbers, so you donít get everything coded as a COVID death. Same goes for India.
    I think the disease correlates to obesity rates.

    Sub-saharan Africa will do fine, as will India.

    New Zealand and Australia are the only two countries I can think of that have kinda shitty obesity rates, and haven't had the big outbreak (of deaths), but that's because they've locked down to the degree they have.

    I am not considering piss ant super small countries like Iceland, etc.

    The South American countries that have the crappier C19 numbers are the ones with the higher obesity rates/have become more Westernized.

    It's no surprise Vietnam, Japan, S.Korea, etc have almost no cases....they rank very low in obesity. That, plus the obvious fact they're socialized police states, etc.

  2. #5962
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Going out on a limb, but it might have to do with the reality that Covid doesn't make the Ugandas top 100list of problems to worry about. If you wait 3days on line for the free medical clinic and are not bleeding to death, they send you home.
    I found Rip's theory intriguing, but also suspected this might have something to do with Uganda's number. Did a real quick Google search to see if I could find out how much testing they were doing, because we all know there's an obvious relationship between number of tests and number of cases. Turns out Uganda is testing a whopping 88 people per million, and many other African nations make up some of the other lowest testing nations. For context, the UAE is currently highest with over 7000. Not sure we'll be able to get much useful information from nations that really aren't trying to obtain any data at all.

    COVID-19: Daily tests vs. Daily new confirmed cases per million - Our World in Data

  3. #5963
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,280

    Default

    They obviously have bigger problems than COVID-19, like every other disease in sub-Saharan Africa that is far more lethal. Like malaria, and TB, and river blindness, and dozens of other parasites. But wouldn't it be hilarious if treating these was actually instrumental in keeping COVID-19 one of the smaller problems? Are other countries using HCQ, CQ, and Ivermectin also seeing very low numbers of cases? Perhaps these countries have lower testing numbers/lower case counts because they don't have the resources to test people who aren't sick with C19 symptoms, maybe because HCQ/CQ/Ivermectin keeps them from being sick with C19? Maybe since these countries already had actual public health problems, their bureaucrats didn't have to invent one. Just a thought.

  4. #5964
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    They obviously have bigger problems than COVID-19, like every other disease in sub-Saharan Africa that is far more lethal. Like malaria, and TB, and river blindness, and dozens of other parasites. But wouldn't it be hilarious if treating these was actually instrumental in keeping COVID-19 one of the smaller problems? Are other countries using HCQ, CQ, and Ivermectin also seeing very low numbers of cases? Perhaps these countries have lower testing numbers/lower case counts because they don't have the resources to test people who aren't sick with C19 symptoms, maybe because HCQ/CQ/Ivermectin keeps them from being sick with C19? Maybe since these countries already had actual public health problems, their bureaucrats didn't have to invent one. Just a thought.
    Like I said, that's why I found your theory intriguing. It just made me curious to look up how much they were testing, because if we consider high case counts to be inflated due to testing asymptomatic people, I think it's fair to wonder if low case counts are being depressed due to hardly testing at all. Of course you're correct that maybe they're not testing because they just don't need to, or have much bigger public health problems to worry about. An interesting thought indeed.

  5. #5965
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    ...Yes I understand your point, and actually don't think some sort of requirement to vote would necessarily unreasonable, I just disagree with all the ones Yngvi proposed. George proposed some kind of test, for example. I've often half-jokingly commented that people should have to pass some type of civics test to be allowed to vote. At least that isn't a totally transparent attempt to disenfranchise very specific groups of people that Yngvi doesn't seem to like very much...
    You have really taken an interest in me. I am flattered.

    The three voting requirements I brought up are not my personal opinion; they are historical facts. I don't care if you want to cancel and rewrite history, those measures were successful in the past.

    You showed some promise of being capable of independent thought, but fell back on the tried and true leftist tactic of resorting to character assassination and cries of "everything is racist" (thinly veiled in this case), because I said something you disagree with.

    If someone disagrees with you, censor them.
    If you can't censor them, shriek at them.
    If shrieking at them doesn't intimidate them, attack their character.

    Predictable, highly shameful behaviour, Dillon.

    No, people like you should not be able to vote. Thank you for showing everyone the reason voting restrictions are urgently necessary.

  6. #5966
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I think the disease correlates to obesity rates.

    Sub-saharan Africa will do fine, as will India.

    New Zealand and Australia are the only two countries I can think of that have kinda shitty obesity rates, and haven't had the big outbreak (of deaths), but that's because they've locked down to the degree they have.

    I am not considering piss ant super small countries like Iceland, etc.

    The South American countries that have the crappier C19 numbers are the ones with the higher obesity rates/have become more Westernized.

    It's no surprise Vietnam, Japan, S.Korea, etc have almost no cases....they rank very low in obesity. That, plus the obvious fact they're socialized police states, etc.
    one
    Croatia has high obesity rates, I think we are in the top ten worldwide. Yet only 170 deaths in a country with four million that has been locked down for a total of 40 days, plus we've had at least four million tourists this summer, all the protective measures being there mostly as token. So it's been about fatality per day since the start of the pandemic, almost exclusively people older than 75 - can't be sure any more, they stopped publishing the age of fatalities once it started becoming clear you are dealing with geriatrics with underlying conditions. Plus we're among the top ten worldwide in smoking. Plus there are many multi-generational households. I'm not sure that smoking and obesity, everyone's pet peeves these days, play a huge role.

  7. #5967
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And just so this doesn't get lost:
    Maybe something to do with demographics too. Only about 3% over 65 and 3% obesity. I dont really care about the numbers anymore.

  8. #5968
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I wonder what y'all think of Unity 2020. Here's Tucker Carlson being exposed to the idea.

    Bret Weinstein Introduces the Unity 2020 Plan on Tucker Carlson Tonight - Jun 29, 2020 - YouTube

  9. #5969
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    You have really taken an interest in me. I am flattered.

    The three voting requirements I brought up are not my personal opinion; they are historical facts. I don't care if you want to cancel and rewrite history, those measures were successful in the past.

    You showed some promise of being capable of independent thought, but fell back on the tried and true leftist tactic of resorting to character assassination and cries of "everything is racist" (thinly veiled in this case), because I said something you disagree with.

    If someone disagrees with you, censor them.
    If you can't censor them, shriek at them.
    If shrieking at them doesn't intimidate them, attack their character.

    Predictable, highly shameful behaviour, Dillon.

    No, people like you should not be able to vote. Thank you for showing everyone the reason voting restrictions are urgently necessary.
    I took an interest because you've been very active throughout this thread, sometimes posting ideas I agree with, and sometimes ones I don't. One particular disagreement compelled me to post in the first place, and I mentioned you by name in that post because I was referring to the three suggestions you made specifically, which I disagree with. I understand that they are historical facts, and by referring to them as "successful" you're endorsing them as policy, or at least that's how I took it.

    I didn't call you racist, nor did I call for you to be censored, nor am I shrieking or intentionally attacking your character. I've noticed a theme to your posts that you seem opposed to immigration. I see that by referring to "groups of people" it made it sound like a backhanded suggestion of racism, but I was actually referring to your stance on immigration policy. My bad.

    I've also noticed that you, and many others in this thread, don't seem to have very high opinion of city dwellers or the poor. Would you disagree? If not, then maybe consider why you felt it was an attack on your character. I just thought it was an honest assessment of your feelings. If you disagree, again, my bad.

    What I always find interesting, is those that love to preach "independent thought" really mean that you expect me to think about an issue, and arrive at the same the conclusion as you, and if I don't I'm not thinking independently. As if two people can't think about the same issue independently, and arrive at different conclusions based on their own experiences and values. That's why I've been enjoying this thread. I get exposed to people with different experiences and values, and several times it's made me reevaluate my own opinions. Sometimes I've changed them, sometimes I haven't. Whoops. I guess that's not very "independent" of me.

    You're saying "people like me" shouldn't be allowed to vote because I disagree with you on some issues, while still respecting your right to hold your opinions and express them. Why not just crown you king if nobody should ever have a say unless they agree with you?

  10. #5970
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,280

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Norman View Post
    I wonder what y'all think of Unity 2020. Here's Tucker Carlson being exposed to the idea.

    Bret Weinstein Introduces the Unity 2020 Plan on Tucker Carlson Tonight - Jun 29, 2020 - YouTube
    So many problems with this that only a college professor could have thought it up. Jump to 3:40, where the details are discussed for about 20 seconds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    I've also noticed that you, and many others in this thread, don't seem to have very high opinion of city dwellers or the poor. Would you disagree?
    I tend to have a low opinion of people who demonstrate a low opinion of me. Big City People often demonstrate a smugness about their own intelligence, experience, tastes, and capabilities that ends up being incongruent with reality. This is common in NYC, LA, Seattle especially, and increasingly Austin. I haven't been in Portland or SF enough to know. I certainly don't know about Toronto, because I've only been there 4 times. These people have destroyed NYC with this behavior translated into votes. The wrong people were placed in charge because they fed the smugness, and now that it's time for adults to make decisions, none are either available or interested. So let them enjoy their creation. Not one dime of federal tax money should be used to rebuild any of these places.

    "The poor" got thrown in with The Smug. Why? Poor people are poor for many reasons, and my opinion of them depends on the reason, as it should.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I think the disease correlates to obesity rates.
    The data, shitty as it is, shows that the disease correlates quite strongly with advanced age. Fat children do not die of C19, and fat 30-year-olds show very little increase in mortality.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •