starting strength gym
Page 600 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 10050055059059859960060160261065070011001600 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Bowing to the BLM mob doesn't save you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Police shooting in Kenosha, man shot 7 times in back — You Decide – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

If this guy was reaching for a gun in the front seat, is this still okay?
    Hey leave that alleged felony rapist alone. He just forgot to turn on his hearing aid before walking off to call his mom to tell her happy birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cross View Post
    Seems like the question to be asking is why this man was resisting officers who had guns drawn. And then maybe whether or not non lethal force was used as a first option. The skin color of the "victim" is the least interesting thing about this video.

Why does the media always absolve these slain of any responsibility they bear for their own safety when they resist arrest? Whether or not we know if the death was justified.

Of course all we will hear and read about this story will be the usual racial injustice rhetoric dribble.
    You're correct, the full George Floyd video presented a different situation than we had been shown by the "journalists" in the MSM. Whether or not those circumstances will completely exonerate the cops remains to be seen, but it's obvious that the fabulous Attorney General of Minnesota, Keith Ellison, has both seriously overcharged the cop and withheld the video for sufficient time to accumulate momentum for riots all across the country. The cop cannot be convicted of Murder 1, Ellison knows this having seen the video, the jury will acquit, BLM will riot, and Minneapolis real estate gets very inexpensive. What could Ellison's motives for this possibly have been? It would be interesting to charge him for this obviously destructive situation at the federal level.

This particular incident in Kenosha seems different. My question: what circumstances could possibly be shown to justify shooting the man in the back at point-blank range, tasers having never been deployed? The man was resisting the cops, true. People are stupid, true. They had the option to taser the fool before executing him, and they chose not to. There were enough cops to dogpile his tasered ass before he got back into the car, and they didn't do it. The video clearly shows 7 rounds into his upper back/neck from a distance of no more than 2 feet. What could he possibly have been doing right then that got him killed? If he was going for a pistol (I'll bet they find one!), that might justify. Because nothing he did prior to that second justifies killing him, and no effort was made to use non-lethal force.

Goddammit, here we are in the middle of the biggest riots in 50 years, and these morons can't train their people any better than this? Is this how they handle a felony warrant?

More from Wisconsin: The Captain's Journal >> BLM Armed With Rifles Order Wisconsin Sheriff’s Vehicle To Stop

BLM Rioters Ravage Kenosha After Jacob Blake Shooting

Apparently the guy is still alive, after taking 7 rounds at close range = 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    She is discussing Moderna and what they are going to be putting into this Vaccine we all need to get to survive.

At about the 8 min mark.
    This will be taken down from YouTube. Amazing that it is still up, possibly because they think it's too crazy to take seriously.

I'm glad Briggs found the Crutchfield paper we discussed a couple of weeks ago. It merits more attention, especially in light of the points raised by Dr. Madej in the video just above.

Seems like the question to be asking is why this man was resisting officers who had guns drawn. And then maybe whether or not non lethal force was used as a first option. The skin color of the "victim" is the least interesting thing about this video.

Why does the media always absolve these slain of any responsibility they bear for their own safety when they resist arrest? Whether or not we know if the death was justified.

Of course all we will hear and read about this story will be the usual racial injustice rhetoric dribble.
    I think I need a lot more information on what was going on leading up to that video before I actually come up with an opinion on it. Like many "police violence" videos it omits everything beforehand. The matter with the guy answering the apartment door at least we get to see everything leading up and know it was an insane overreaction by responding officers. He was dropping to the ground and complying with officer commands, showed his hands as instructed, and then had a magazine unloaded into his back at point blank range. Same thing happens to the guy in that video, but we don't know what led up to it so it can't be said for sure it was a cop going apeshit.

I totally agree that Ellison poured on those charges to satisfy the movement. And I agree that at a certain level he is responsible for some of the destruction that has and that will happen in Minneapolis. As soon as I saw the murder 1 charges, before even seeing the newest footage, it was blatantly obvious that they would never be able to satisfy the conditions to make that conviction. And we will have more destruction because that won't satisfy the woke mob.

The gross part is the people in Minneapolis and the twin cities metro. The twin cities have an overwhelming education, wealth, and income gap among the races. No one has done anything about this for as long as it has existed. Minnesotan's chose to remain ignorant on these issues for decades. And now that it has reached a boiling point they just pretend to care on social media, on tv, in front of a microphone, and in front of a camera. But behind the scenes on the lines of the city budgets those people are forgotten.

Police face some serious problems. There is a lack of funding, inadequate training, and hyper scrutiny of any use of force. The answer is more training, more qualified officers, and in general more resources. That means more money. Its not like we will see that happen when the overwhelming public opinion is to defund. Its a real stalemate.

The answer is more training, more qualified officers, and in general more resources. That means more money. Its not like we will see that happen when the overwhelming public opinion is to defund.
    I don't think this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This particular incident in Kenosha seems different. My question: what circumstances could possibly be shown to justify shooting the man in the back at point-blank range, tasers having never been deployed? The man was resisting the cops, true. People are stupid, true. They had the option to taser the fool before executing him, and they chose not to. There were enough cops to dogpile his tasered ass before he got back into the car, and they didn't do it. The video clearly shows 7 rounds into his upper back/neck from a distance of no more than 2 feet. What could he possibly have been doing right then that got him killed? If he was going for a pistol (I'll bet they find one!), that might justify. Because nothing he did prior to that second justifies killing him, and no effort was made to use non-lethal force.

They did attempt to taser him as per several witnesses:

"At least a half dozen witnesses said the man had tried to break up a fight between the two women outside a home at 2805 40th St. and that police had attempted to use a Taser on the man prior to the shooting."
    https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/man...me-top-story-1

I have no idea why they all wouldn't grab him together, though, but once he's reaching into the car this is what can happen: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...97121140498432

I wonder why the released video leaves out the tasering.

The mayor is blocking 100 vacant police positions from being filled. As long as he's running things the police won't see more money. It may be different in the rest of the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrfunk View Post
    I have no idea why they all wouldn't grab him together, though, but once he's reaching into the car this is what can happen: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...97121140498432
    Believe it or not, I understand what can happen when a law enforcement contact ends up with a cop getting shot. Getting shot is very bad, for everybody.

I wonder why the released video leaves out the tasering.
    Yes, I wonder that too. Maybe it didn't happen. Why would you taser a guy trying to break up a fight? Does the guy walking calmly back to the car door look like he's been tasered? Do these highly-trained professionals know how to use a taser as well as they use a Glock 19?

The mayor is blocking 100 vacant police positions from being filled. As long as he's running things the police won't see more money. It may be different in the rest of the nation.
    Good for him!! He knows how to get reelected by Democrats. I'm looking forward to watching the Democrat festivities in Minneapolis from a safe distance on November 4, 2020. Is Kenosha WI a Democrat jurisdiction as well? Hating the Republicans seems to be an expensive position to maintain.

Get woke, go broke.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Norman View Post
    I wonder what y'all think of Unity 2020. Here's Tucker Carlson being exposed to the idea.

Bret Weinstein Introduces the Unity 2020 Plan on Tucker Carlson Tonight - Jun 29, 2020 - YouTube
    Thank you for sharing. My view is that he comes across as intelligent, but his plan is highly idealistic. The pragmatic version of his plan is a convention of the states and a reformation of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    I took an interest because you've been very active throughout this thread, sometimes posting ideas I agree with, and sometimes ones I don't. One particular disagreement compelled me to post in the first place, and I mentioned you by name in that post because I was referring to the three suggestions you made specifically, which I disagree with. I understand that they are historical facts, and by referring to them as "successful" you're endorsing them as policy, or at least that's how I took it.

I didn't call you racist, nor did I call for you to be censored, nor am I shrieking or intentionally attacking your character. I've noticed a theme to your posts that you seem opposed to immigration. I see that by referring to "groups of people" it made it sound like a backhanded suggestion of racism, but I was actually referring to your stance on immigration policy. My bad.

I've also noticed that you, and many others in this thread, don't seem to have very high opinion of city dwellers or the poor. Would you disagree? If not, then maybe consider why you felt it was an attack on your character. I just thought it was an honest assessment of your feelings. If you disagree, again, my bad.

What I always find interesting, is those that love to preach "independent thought" really mean that you expect me to think about an issue, and arrive at the same the conclusion as you, and if I don't I'm not thinking independently. As if two people can't think about the same issue independently, and arrive at different conclusions based on their own experiences and values. That's why I've been enjoying this thread. I get exposed to people with different experiences and values, and several times it's made me reevaluate my own opinions. Sometimes I've changed them, sometimes I haven't. Whoops. I guess that's not very "independent" of me.

You're saying "people like me" shouldn't be allowed to vote because I disagree with you on some issues, while still respecting your right to hold your opinions and express them. Why not just crown you king if nobody should ever have a say unless they agree with you?

My comment stemmed primarily from what I perceived as a devolution of the discussion into ad-hominem attacks. Most people are not capable of moving beyond that emotional response. If you can, then you set yourself apart. People are free to disagree with me as long as they provide a logical rationale and don't try to shut down discussion with censorship, intimidation or personal attacks.

You are correct about my views on immigration; I believe a society or nation cannot remain stable if the percentage of foreign-born individuals is above 10% or the percentage of first generation nationals in addition to foreign-born individuals surpasses 20%.

With regards to city-dwellers, in addition to what Rip said, I believe it is an unnatural living environment for humans, which leads to a profound lack of resourcefulness, narrow-mindedness, dependency and a host of other learned "adaptations" to city life. In addition, I do think a population only exposed to dense urban living will degrade genetically over many generations.

However, the part that really leads to my disdain for city dwellers is their desire to forcibly impose their social and political views on me. It is analogous to Biden's desire for a nationwide mask-mandate to appease his supporters in NY and LA. I don't want my society to become unstable, because LA and NY want to impose their immigration policies on the nation or force my city to accept refugees from dissimilar cultures. When they move to my state, they refuse to assimilate to the local culture, instead they look down on the local culture, show disrespect for those already living here and become advocates for imposing their views on me through the legal system. If NY wants to run a city-wide homeless shelter, I am fine with it; If Yarkers want to move to my city and force me to provide welfare to the homeless, I have a big problem with it. I strongly believe in self-determination for communities, cities, states and nations.

As to the poor, I believe humans are naturally a hierarchal species of animal. This is why we get along so well with dogs; we naturally have many of the same tendencies. In any tribe or group of primates, hierarchy always exists and is important to the functioning of the group. I also believe humans naturally respond to incentives; the higher the incentive to work, the more likely the individual is to work or produce value (pain is a great motivator, as I have learned personally).

Not every individual is genetically fit to survive or reproduce. However, if we provide welfare and comfort to the poor (as we have been the past 50 years), we promote a genetic devolution of the population. We are the first generation in history to witness a situation where the weaker, less intelligent, less fit individuals are the most likely to reproduce. If we continue to encourage this situation through welfare, marxism, "equality" measures or otherwise, the consequences will be severe. We may never become an interplanetary species.

People sometimes forget that the Great Pyramids of Egypt were the tallest man made structures in the world for 3,800 years. Progress is easy to stall or reverse. Darwinism should be humanely supported.

I do very strongly believe voting restrictions are necessary. No measure is perfect, but we are not looking for perfection.
    I did not mention it, because I forget it is not obvious to everyone, but the most effective restriction in the United States was the provision that restricted voting for U.S. senators to elected state senators.