starting strength gym
Page 601 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 10150155159159960060160260361165170111011601 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yeah, I guess the witnesses (maybe sympathetic to the cops?) who said this:

At least a half dozen witnesses said the man had tried to break up a fight between the two women outside a home at 2805 40th St. and that police had attempted to use a Taser on the man prior to the shooting. https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/man...me-top-story-1
    just could be talking out of their asses. Why believe half a dozen of them. Cops gotta be guilty of SOMETHING(!) right?

Then answer the fucking question, Hurling: What scenario would justify shooting the man in the back 7 times from 2 feet away, the man having not physically resisted arrest? I know you think the cops don't fuck up, are not susceptible to human foibles (Hurling word), and that 6 witnesses are never either wrong or liars, so just give us a reasonable excuse to shoot the guy in the back 7 times from 2 feet away while he wasn't fighting with the cops, after they let him walk back to the door of the car. While you're at it, tell us why it was okay to shoot the guy in the back while he was on his knees obeying the cops in Arizona. What video will we find next week that makes this okay??

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Leading UK Epidemiologist admits UK lockdown was a ‘monumental mistake’ and must not happen again.

(emphasis mine)

Dr. Woolhouse is not only a well respected epidemiologist and professor of epidemiology, but he is actually on the scientific panel that advises the UK Government. He is privy to the inside conversations and processes that led to the advice to lock down, and initially supported this move. So to see him admit straight up that the reason for the lockdown was, literally, a combination of panic and not knowing what else to do, is simply astounding if you stop and think about it.

He says further:

So they panicked, advised lockdown only because they literally didn't know what else to do, and did not consider the unintended consequences of this tactic that was at best a delay measure and not a solution. A leading expert in the relevant field straight up admits what some of us have been saying since March and April! There isn't some secret hidden knowledge that only the high priests have access to. They shat the bed, and have been scrambling to cover for that via obfuscation, doubling down on stupid, and insulting and blaming the populace for not adhering to measures that were never a viable solution in the first place.

And now that we are 5+ months in, a few of them are finally realizing that the severity of those second and third order effects are rapidly becoming more damaging when viewed holistically, than covid itself. The cure is worse than the disease. As many of us have been saying since the Springtime.

Like many others here, I have been consistently insulted and called names and have had my integrity and intelligence questioned for saying this back in March and April, and not backing down since. No one has apologized yet.

One of the most interesting things about this, to me, is the common thread that the people who were able to see this for what it was earliest are people who are familiar not with virology and epidemiology and immunology and public health. Not at all. It was people who are familiar with the underlying case for free market economics, specifically Frederic Bastiat's "Seen and Unseen," Henry Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson" that expounds on Bastiat, Hayek's fatal conceit and spontaneous order concepts, and maybe Leonard Reed's "I, Pencil" understanding of the inherent interconnectedness of the economy and why you can't successfully label, by fiat, who is essential.

You could've made a principled "rights based" case against lockdowns the whole time that I would have agreed with. But understanding early on - once it was clear that this was not a Frankenstein virus with the simultaneous deadliness of ebola with the spreading capacity of the common cold or flu - that rights aside, the consequences of lockdown would be worse than the disease it was intended to cure - was something I only saw from people familiar with these concepts.
    The problem, however, is that there are a hell of a lot of people that don't believe that this is not "a Frankenstein virus with the simultaneous deadliness of Ebola with the spreading capacity of the common cold or flu" and don't seem like they're ever going to change their minds. I'm living with and related to a bunch of them. It's the closest thing to being in an insane asylum as I'd like to get.

That being said, I'm less optimistic about the ineptitude and myopia of those in positions of making public policy. There is enough evidence that a lot of this mess was prosecuted based on studies, simulations, and planning over several years and funded by various NGOs, "charities," scientific and academic institutions, and a lot of flat out really, really sociopathic people. At the local level, sure, the morons ruled, like the governor of New York who strutted around with one thumb up his nose and the other up his ass and all of these truly brain-dead school board officials. But, the media dutifully complied as it always does, reporting any diktat no matter how absurd. The mainstream of the medical profession revealed just how shallow thinking they all are, particularly those titans of wisdom, the general practitioners, also dutifully going along with whatever the CDC and/or WHO pronounced on any given day, amplifying it by 100, and then sprinkling on a few obfuscating anecdotes about this patient or that patient for good measure. And every fucking government fell in line, too, knowing which way the collective bread was buttered. If anything, the planners and schemers, who want God only knows what to happen ultimately, were able to comfortably rely on the gullibility, compliance, and just laziness of every sector that mattered in order to make sure it all turned out they way they wanted.

This shit is not over, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    The problem, however, is that there are a hell of a lot of people that don't believe that this is not "a Frankenstein virus with the simultaneous deadliness of Ebola with the spreading capacity of the common cold or flu" and don't seem like they're ever going to change their minds. I'm living with and related to a bunch of them. It's the closest thing to being in an insane asylum as I'd like to get.

That being said, I'm less optimistic about the ineptitude and myopia of those in positions of making public policy. There is enough evidence that a lot of this mess was prosecuted based on studies, simulations, and planning over several years and funded by various NGOs, "charities," scientific and academic institutions, and a lot of flat out really, really sociopathic people. At the local level, sure, the morons ruled, like the governor of New York who strutted around with one thumb up his nose and the other up his ass and all of these truly brain-dead school board officials. But, the media dutifully complied as it always does, reporting any diktat no matter how absurd. The mainstream of the medical profession revealed just how shallow thinking they all are, particularly those titans of wisdom, the general practitioners, also dutifully going along with whatever the CDC and/or WHO pronounced on any given day, amplifying it by 100, and then sprinkling on a few obfuscating anecdotes about this patient or that patient for good measure. And every fucking government fell in line, too, knowing which way the collective bread was buttered. If anything, the planners and schemers, who want God only knows what to happen ultimately, were able to comfortably rely on the gullibility, compliance, and just laziness of every sector that mattered in order to make sure it all turned out they way they wanted.

This shit is not over, not by a long shot.
    Post of the Week, Satch. T-shirt time. Contact Bre.

More evidence that the media have done their propaganda job amazingly well: https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/statu...15587712520193

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Then answer the fucking question, Hurling: What scenario would justify shooting the man in the back 7 times from 2 feet away, the man having not physically resisted arrest? I know you think the cops don't fuck up, are not susceptible to human foibles (Hurling word), and that 6 witnesses are never either wrong or liars, so just give us a reasonable excuse to shoot the guy in the back 7 times from 2 feet away while he wasn't fighting with the cops, after they let him walk back to the door of the car. While you're at it, tell us why it was okay to shoot the guy in the back while he was on his knees obeying the cops in Arizona. What video will we find next week that makes this okay??
    Perhaps your x-ray vision showed you that the guy who was shot was not reaching for a weapon in the car as he darted into the front seat. If so, your position has some merit. ABC News reported other witnesses heard the cops yell "Drop the knife!" I didn't see the knife either. But at least one of us can admit what they did or did not see.

As for the witnesses being liars, everyone I saw in the news report in that neighborhood was black. Now maybe if YOU KNEW that only the honkies living there (if indeed there are any in that neighborhood) made statements that tend to back up the use of deadly force or the use of tasers, once again, you might be on to something about the witnesses being liars. But then you don't know that either, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    However, if we provide welfare and comfort to the poor (as we have been the past 50 years), we promote a genetic devolution of the population. We are the first generation in history to witness a situation where the weaker, less intelligent, less fit individuals are the most likely to reproduce.
    This is where I think people have it backwards. It's not the waitress making $3 an hour and getting SNAP that's the weak link. She's not the one we've extended welfare to and thus will make us weaker as a group. It's the hedge fund manager. It's the WalMarts. It's the politicians. Those paper pushing idiots who can't handle an actual free market or the work that goes with it but come running to the electorate claiming they are too big to fail. Those are the ones that have weakened us over all. Those are the ones who should be subject to the Darwinism they advocate for others. They have had to use fake, made up shit to design a system that supports their weakness and allows them to keep power. Their little sheets of cotton-linen are not backed by anything other than compliance and they have no real skills. They are the ones dragging us down. Your average blue collar guy/gal who works 10 hours a day and barely makes it is in the position he's in because of their laziness and dishonesty not because he's actually a bad worker. Keeping power takes schemes and unfairness and a general sneaky wad of bullshit that decent folk rarely even think of. But you take away all that and what does the average banker or politician have? What good do they contribute to the people and their community? What art do they create? I've met more than a few and they damn sure don't have the creativity, brains, or situational awareness god gave a billy goat. Yet we give them billions in corporate welfare because they don't have the balls to handle an actual free market.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Perhaps your x-ray vision showed you that the guy who was shot was not reaching for a weapon in the car as he darted into the front seat. If so, your position has some merit. ABC News reported other witnesses heard the cops yell "Drop the knife!" I didn't see the knife either. But at least one of us can admit what they did or did not see.

As for the witnesses being liars, everyone I saw in the news report in that neighborhood was black. Now maybe if YOU KNEW that only the honkies living there (if indeed there are any in that neighborhood) made statements that tend to back up the use of deadly force or the use of tasers, once again, you might be on to something about the witnesses being liars. But then you don't know that either, do you?

I don't know a goddamn thing except that no attempt was made to keep him from doing anything to anybody until he was shot in the back 7 times, and that you never see a cop doing anything wrong. There may be a knife or a gun in the front seat. I would assume there was, and that he might well have been reaching for it, but that is not the fucking point. The fucking point is that several things should have happened before he was shot 7 times at close range in the back, and none of them happened. And as a result, Kenosha will burn to the ground because these same cops will not shoot anybody who actually needs shooting, like the guy carrying a TV out of the looted store or the guy breaking into the store. But they will shoot a guy they failed to serve a felony warrant on correctly. FUCK!!!! This is so goddamn stupid, and it's hard to remain sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    This is where I think people have it backwards. It's not the waitress making $3 an hour and getting SNAP that's the weak link. She's not the one we've extended welfare to and thus will make us weaker as a group. It's the hedge fund manager. It's the WalMarts. It's the politicians. Those paper pushing idiots who can't handle an actual free market or the work that goes with it but come running to the electorate claiming they are too big to fail. Those are the ones that have weakened us over all. Those are the ones who should be subject to the Darwinism they advocate for others. They have had to use fake, made up shit to design a system that supports their weakness and allows them to keep power. Their little sheets of cotton-linen are not backed by anything other than compliance and they have no real skills. They are the ones dragging us down. Your average blue collar guy/gal who works 10 hours a day and barely makes it is in the position he's in because of their laziness and dishonesty not because he's actually a bad worker. Keeping power takes schemes and unfairness and a general sneaky wad of bullshit that decent folk rarely even think of. But you take away all that and what does the average banker or politician have? What good do they contribute to the people and their community? What art do they create? I've met more than a few and they damn sure don't have the creativity, brains, or situational awareness god gave a billy goat. Yet we give them billions in corporate welfare because they don't have the balls to handle an actual free market.
    Can Jenni get a T-shirt too?

She's Number 2, but that's close enough for a shirt.

starting strength coach development program
    Struggled with police from a video at another angle on the other side of the car.
    New Angle of Jacob Blake Shooting Shows Struggle With Cops From Other Side

Previously charged with gun crimes and assaulting police while resisting arrest.
    Police: K9 Dozer Helps Subdue Man Who Pulled Gun at Bar | Local News I Racine County Eye - Racine, Wisconsin
    Known to have a gun in his car from this previous arrest: "A subsequent search of the SUV turned up a black handgun on the floor behind the drivers seat"