starting strength gym
Page 605 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 10550555559560360460560660761565570511051605 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Decent digest (including all the vids/photos) of the events surrounding the armed teenager Kyle Rittenhouse who shot two in Kenosha. IMO self defense.

https://www.nationalistreview.net/20...to-murder-him/

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    This board lacks a sufficient understanding of the situation to make a determination of fault on behalf of the officers involved with the Blake incident.

-The psychological and physiological factors of high stress situations and shooting.
    -The threat an unarmed assailant poses.
    -The threat a knife welding assailant poses.
    -The training budget in time and money for this police department.
    -The other factors that influence officer behavior (overtime, lack of sleep, emotional state, public behavior/support, prior knowledge of the individual).
    -Why policy for use of lethal force in a felony stop is immediately justifiable, and why this is broadly true in this country (if not ubiquitous).

You all also drastically overestimate the effectiveness of tasers and other non-lethal. Yes, I've had both used on me. You likely also overestimate lethal effects. All of these are just tools, and are far from reliable or universally effective.

Remember when Floyd was an open-and-shut case? I remember. Then the rest of the video dropped. This police department hadn't even been able to budget for body cameras until 2022.

No, individual analysis should be repeated in this case.
    Okay, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    Decent digest (including all the vids/photos) of the events surrounding the armed teenager Kyle Rittenhouse who shot two in Kenosha. IMO self defense.

https://www.nationalistreview.net/20...to-murder-him/
    Bad link

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Okay, Dave.

Bad link
    Seems to be working after a temporary blip. Now the kid's being charged with 1st degree murder... he should be getting some kind of medal and a tour of the white house.

Teenage Suspect In Kenosha Shootings Charged With 1st Degree Murder, Trump To Send In The Feds "To Restore Law & Order" | Zero Hedge

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    What kind of fucking idiot would actually think that this was an actual response to what I actually wrote though?

Although I'm guess the level of asshole that person achieved trumped the level of idiot required to respond with what a more cynical person than I would assume was just a stawman argument.
    All you said, aside from the hilarious pun, was;

"The executive branch is not supposed to be the top."

and

"the US model is supposed to be a division of powers. Not a hierarchy."

To which I responded that the president IS at the top, in terms of leadership, and he's not proposing a change to division of powers of the branches of government.

It's very simple. No straw manning on my end, I responded directly and specifically to your 'points' which were not themselves about the actual proposal. You're the one responding to a proposal about how to select candidates as though it's an overhaul of the entire system of government, you're the one straw manning.

If you don't have anything substantive to say about the actual proposal, that's okay. Not everybody has to have an opinion about everything. But if you don't have anything to say, you know, don't say anything.

Black Lives Matter Threatens Family Of Teen Who Killed Rioters That Attempted To Murder Him - Nationalist Review
    I just moved back to the Milwaukee area a few weeks ago so this hits pretty close to home. Kenosha is less than an hour down the highway.

Scary stuff, but it's making me very glad I finally got my hands on an AR-15 and few dozen rounds of ammunition. "No one needs a 30 round magazine" my ass.

Good on this kid for defending himself, but showing up to these riots with a gun is just asking for trouble. Much better to return fire from the cover and comfort of your own home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    I think us unwashed masses vote for the guy we think will do less damage, the useful idiot at best.
    Let's hope that someday we get an option that is more useful, less idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    This board lacks a sufficient understanding of the situation to make a determination of fault on behalf of the officers involved with the Blake incident.

[...]

You all also drastically overestimate the effectiveness of tasers and other non-lethal. Yes, I've had both used on me. You likely also overestimate lethal effects. All of these are just tools, and are far from reliable or universally effective.

Remember when Floyd was an open-and-shut case? I remember. Then the rest of the video dropped. This police department hadn't even been able to budget for body cameras until 2022.
    To Rowe's point, and perhaps a little bit of police officer perspective:

In this thread there is already a reference to the following incident, but here's the full scene, with tasers and all:

Dash cam video shows a shootout that injured a Pennsylvania cop - YouTube

Training is clearly an issue (cops need to learn to fight and shoot effectively for one), but as soon as that guy reached in, they should have lit him up. They paid a big price for not doing so.

If you're on officer, and you've seen this video or heard this story (perhaps as part of training), then why wouldn't you shoot someone that had been resisting and then reaches into a vehicle? What else would he be reaching for other than a weapon? By the time a firearm is deployed and pointed at you or your partner (which is the point where you'll actually see it's a firearm), you can't stop at least a few rounds that are going to be headed towards you. And if the guy is skilled, you are likely gonna be dead before you get a round off. This is the reality officers are faced with.

Incidentally, I suspect the core group of BLM "activists" are criminals themselves and simply have an ax to grind with law enforcement. Viral media has given them an opportunity to do that.

Black Lives Matter Threatens Family Of Teen Who Killed Rioters That Attempted To Murder Him - Nationalist Review
    Dumb fuck brought a skateboard to a gun fight. Darwin’s Law.

Maybe don’t chase people and threaten them with physical violence when they’re armed with an assault rifle? Do these people live in reality?

Regarding police training - I firmly believe that strength training and brazilian jiu jitsu multiple times per week should be mandatory. Officers not willing to spar can still drill and practice fundamentals. If they are not physically capable of doing these things, then they should be considered incapable of effectively policing the community and assigned to a different role.

I see that the impeccable Don Lemon slipped a bit in showing his worry that the mostly peaceful protests are harming Biden in the polls (fuck American(’s) business(es) though.)

What’s the over under on when the entire Democratic Party starts to condemn the riots out of desperation?

What the hell did people think was going to happen when the levee of patience from real Americans breaks?

Will anyone wake up to the fact that liberal media in their OMB hysteria are explicitly complicit and bear responsibility in what has and will go down if these riots continue?

They realize they are extremely limited in spinning the self defense shooting by the guy chased by the mob. But if it doesn’t stop, it will continue...

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Norman View Post
    You're the one responding to a proposal about how to select candidates as though it's an overhaul of the entire system of government, you're the one straw manning.
    It would in fact be an overhaul of the US Constitution. It would require a Convention of the States, and at least one Amendment to the constitution.

And just saw this: NEW VIDEO — Jacob Blake had ‘curved karambit knife’ in left hand when shot by Kenosha police… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

If this pans out, the cops may have a good shooting done very badly on their hands. Except for the fact that if they knew he had the blade in his left hand, why did the cop walk up behind him and touch him on the left shoulder, knives being dangerous and all?