starting strength gym
Page 628 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 12852857861862662762862963063867872811281628 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Does anybody reading this board actually personally know a "White Supremacist"?
    I knew two brothers who were part of the Aryan Brotherhood. They'd been in and out of prison since kids. I met them in a 2,500 person town in NE, but they were from San Francisco and had been in NE less than a couple of years.

The thing isn't as much the shortage of white supremacists vs the DHS's interest in them so much as any sane person knowing that the new definition for white supremacy will be along the lines of the new definitions for racism. Which essentially means most of us here qualify.

In the real world? No. I've met a few on the internet. There's a lot of nuance, many prefer "white nationalist" or "white advocate". I've become a bit more sympathetic to them as time's gone on, I'll confess. But I still would prefer a society like Star Trek where we've just put this dumb racial conflict garbage behind us. I think a lot of them now are driven in that direction because they see a lot of anti-white sentiment floating around out there seemingly unopposed and even promoted by powerful corners of society. For that reason I understand why they feel they need to form some kind of racial advocacy group. Personally I wish we just didn't have any racial advocacy, but it's a fucked up thing that some racial advocacy is considered perfectly okay and others are unacceptable.

Looks like someone trying to justify their salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Googling around, wikipedia and what not....I guess they lifted restrictions at the end of June. And looking at the case curve, the cases very predictably went up right after.
    Lock-downs appear to be an amplifier, not attenuator. Odds appear much higher that cohabitants will infect each other - a multiplicative effect enhanced over what might occur in passing associations in the open. Then, after the lockdown, those multiplied cases release into the population for a surge.

After 32 years of living, I have only meet one person that had the tattoos of a white supremacist. We both went to a small gym, like 20-30 members total. I was told it was a prison thing and that he didn't follow or believe that stuff. I don't know, he never got the tattoos covered up, but I did see him interact and hang out with people of different races.

No, but doing my twenty years in the army, I met 100's of blacks that condemned me as a racist based only on my skin color. Imagine what it was like for a naive, inexperienced, 17 year old to have other soldiers verbally attacking him for something he knew nothing about.

This front-line, clearly expert Spanish doctor reveals the reality around the truly massive media madness going on at the moment. He explains the actual reality, and the interviewer is thrown into confusion…!

Then a studio journalist is brought in to sort him out – but our doc is solid as a rock – and leaves the henchman for dead!

OMG I'm Speechless! Unbelievable Mainstream News from Spain - UNREAL! — The Fat Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Sit at home for three months or die of COVID-19 because I FUCKING SAID SO THAT'S WHY.

-Commissar Lance D. Himes
    INTERIM Health Director
    Commissar Himes should now lead by example and put himself in solitary confinement for the next 90 days.

First-hand report from a popular military base:

The (chalkless) gym is open. But COVID, so social distancing. Which means no spotting. And collars are required when benching, to protect other people’s feet. Your neck, not so much. Seems like the risk factors are out of balance.

The inconsistency was brought to the attention of the gym attendants. They were flummoxed, but “those are the rules”.

Exceptional winning attitude! Spreads like COVID.

(Elsewhere, the Marines had chalk bowls in /their/ gyms. Hey, that’s an oo rah.)

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Lock-downs appear to be an amplifier, not attenuator. Odds appear much higher that cohabitants will infect each other - a multiplicative effect enhanced over what might occur in passing associations in the open. Then, after the lockdown, those multiplied cases release into the population for a surge.
    You need to be really evil or really stupid to argue for lockdowns at this point. I understand a lot of people have a vested interest in the argument, but like, this is getting out of hand. The global coalition of left wing parties in power or opposition still promoting lockdowns is both, I guess. As for the scientist fear mongers, it is amazing how that establishment has managed to become so corrupt in such a short period.

starting strength coach development program
    Looks like they want to set up shelters for people with COVID who are homeless or can’t quarantine at home (like maybe there is a high-risk person at home). And they want “non-congregate” shelters, so that everyone has their own living area, not just a bunch of cots in a gymnasium. So they’re looking at unused college dorms, etc.