starting strength gym
Page 629 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 12952957961962762862963063163967972911291629 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Looks like they want to set up shelters for people with COVID who are homeless or can’t quarantine at home (like maybe there is a high-risk person at home). And they want “non-congregate” shelters, so that everyone has their own living area, not just a bunch of cots in a gymnasium. So they’re looking at unused college dorms, etc.
    Yeah, that's probably what it is. I was confused by the term. Is a prison "non-congregate"?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Santana View Post
    It will be damned interesting to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    This front-line, clearly expert Spanish doctor reveals the reality around the truly massive media madness going on at the moment. He explains the actual reality, and the interviewer is thrown into confusion…!

Then a studio journalist is brought in to sort him out – but our doc is solid as a rock – and leaves the henchman for dead!

OMG I'm Speechless! Unbelievable Mainstream News from Spain - UNREAL! — The Fat Emperor
    Props for the doc. The media don’t ever want this to be over, this is so much unlike any other emergency in history, the more people are confined in their homes and the more they are scared into being hooked on the news cycle all day long, the higher the advertising revenue. And they don’t even have to bother too much. But I think they have overplayed their hand significantly, two weeks from now when the dreaded fall season comes and the death toll does not increase significantly, everyone will see through the clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yeah, that's probably what it is. I was confused by the term. Is a prison "non-congregate"?
    It's just referring to shared vs non-shared facilities, not whether staying there is voluntary or not.

More blatant corruption in SF.
    ... some city-owned gyms have been back open for months and are allowing city employees to use them, crushing private gym owners.

Gyms for police officers aren’t the only ones open. A sign at the Hall of Justice gym shows rules for use as of July 1 for its patrons, which would include judges, lawyers, bailiffs, and paralegals.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    It's just referring to shared vs non-shared facilities, not whether staying there is voluntary or not.
    Do you think these "non-congregate" Ohio facilities will be voluntary?

And how in the hell is this thing from JP still on Youtube? What It’s Like Getting Censored on YouTube - YouTube

Perhaps worth noting is the /interim/ status of the health-guy who signed the order. Easy to pass the buck that way.

These little tyrants remind me of the copier repairman in The Postman with Kevin Costner. No offense to copier repairmen of good will.

Does anybody reading this board actually personally know a "White Supremacist"?
    A friend's ex-wife in Louisiana wouldn't let black folks in her house and offered that she also wouldn't let the horse in by way of "justification". I didn't get the sense that she expected anything but laughter in response to saying this which might imply there were more of like mind in her surroundings.

Growing up in St. Louis, my car mechanic uncle used the n-word regularly and there were "funny" stories about family members being part of the clan and not hiding it well (would we agree that knowing someone in the KKK counts as an affirmative answer, here?).

Wasn't the usual justification for slavery a form of white supremacy? Do you get the idea that such beliefs disappeared when slavery was outlawed? Why did the south still have so many "whites only" amenities in the 60's?

So, yeah, I think it is certainly out there and not so rare as it should be in terms of beliefs and the actions that flow from those beliefs. How many wrap their identities around it and dress up/tatoo themselves/organize their activities in support of it, no idea...

From what it says in that memo, yes.

It looks like the memo is meant to give authorization to local agencies to contract with schools, hotels, or whatever to set up these shelters. There is no mention of authorization to force people to utilize them, or any penalty for people refusing to use them. If they were setting up coronavirus prison camps, they'd need to lock, secure, and staff them accordingly.

Maybe that's in another memo. Or, maybe they are just trying to find space so they can avoid sending covid+ people back to their nursing homes, for example.

starting strength coach development program
    This is what it is going to take, one small victory at a time. https://twitter.com/justin_hart/stat...76062725341186