starting strength gym
Page 631 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 13153158162162963063163263364168173111311631 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,310 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKreg View Post
    I'm afraid one of us is kinda losing the thread, here. Didn't you start by challenging the idea that anyone actually knows a white supremacist in real life? What the fuck difference does it make to your original question which political party was involved/supported them/represented their interests at one point or another in the South? Are you trying to make the case that most white supremacists are more likely to support the Democrats in this election cycle?
    My point here is that the current party of BLM/Antifa were the ones that institutionalized racism in the 1960s. The irony is interesting.

So, I gave you a couple of examples from my own life as you asked. What was your point in asking?
    You and fulcrum know a few. I don't know any. Isn't that interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    A lot powerlifter folk are white supremacists/white nationalists.
    Yeah, this is obviously true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    A lot powerlifter folk are white supremacists/white nationalists.
    Oh no! Powerlifters are white (except when they’re not), big, strong, bald and have tattoos!

I’m so scared!

They MUST be white supremists!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    I guess this guy is too: https://twitter.com/i/status/1302675977105858560

Also: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhKxVzaX...pg&name=medium

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Oh no! Powerlifters are white (except when they’re not), big, strong, bald and have tattoos!

I’m so scared!

I can't fathom where he came up with that absurdity. I've yet to see anyone who identified as a white supremacist, and I've competed in meets for 10 years, from SoCal, to Las Vegas, to Atlanta, to Tulsa. One might think that if there were "a lot" I might have seen at least a few in Tulsa or Atlanta. But no. I HAVE seen a number of proud lesbians sporting t-shirts like "Yeah, I date girls, so what?" at meets. Not to mention some more competitors with the rainbow flag somewhere on their person. But I'm not entirely certain how they identified, used, or had their plumbing used.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yep, BLM/Antifa gets Biden elected as surely as the sun rises in the east.

CNN is calling this a ‘mostly peaceful’ sucker punch… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS
    Click on the replies to the tweet and you get this:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SamParker...44656047513601

I still have the graphite "tattoo" dot on my forehead above my left eye from when a little urban-suburban Black girl decided to stab me with her pencil on the bus ride home from my TAG (Talented and Gifted) school which was far from home and in one of the "rough" towns in the county.
    I'm *certain* it was a coincidence that the ivory-tower Prince George's County school administrators experimented with our lives and well-being's by putting the "advanced" public school programs in "regular" schools in thosr zip codes. Y'all shoulda seen how many of my Black friends in the TAG program from wealthier zip codes (much wealthier than mine, even, such as Bowie, MD) got TOLD that they were acting White (if not much worse!) at my little social experiment school.

If we're going to ask who actually has ever known a White Supremacist, to be fair we should also ask who has ever encountered Black racism. I think we'll find the former to be hyperbole and exaggeration, while with the latter we have been trained to euphemize and ignore the real instances and statistics, for some reason. (given my recent experiences living in the Former Soviet Union, let's call that which we've been trained to ignore the Truthъ!)

I won't waste pixels posting the links, since they're all over Drudge and Twitter, and I'm sure you all have already seen them, but it's clear that a sizeable portion the MAGA crowd has decided to protest, fight back, and/or simply defend self and property from the BLM and Anti-Fa infiltrators.
    And sadly in many occasions our police only wake up to enforce the law when the Marxists are on the receiving end (Looks like only Proud Boys have been arrested, yet again).
    Are these fed-up Trump supporters doing the right thing, taking action instead of just waiting and seeing how this "movement" ends up affecting our society? It really stinks that there isn't a political party around which "limited government" Conservatives and Libertarians could rally, and it feels as though our government itself is feeding this BLM insurrection.

After seeing stuff like this, does anyone actual plan to attend, let alone bring children to, a counter-protest or MAGA event?

Seems to me like a protest is an excellent place to get suckerpunched or worse. As the war progresses, this shit comes from the headlines to the neighborhoods, and you'd better be prepared. Learn to be aware of your surroundings as a habit.

On another issue, this is an interesting piece. A Doomsday scenario, really: The Coming Coup? - The American Mind

I've been following this thread for a while now, and I've been kicking something around in my head I thought I'd offer here for comments.

On the topic of all whites being racist, and being forced to admit such and endure punishment for it regardless of whether they ever performed any racist actions:

Years ago I knew a guy who had a girlfriend he was nuts about. It was a classic example of men (especially young men) being like carpets, if you lay them properly at first you can walk on them for years. He loved her and was faithful to her, but she was a jealous rhymes-with-witch who made him break off friendships with women he'd known long before he met her, and she accused him of cheating on her with every woman he was ever in the same room as (including some of his own family members, one of whom had a son his age). After years of this treatment, he actually DID cheat on her (shortly before kicking her jealous ass to the curb). Because one surefire way to make a faithful man into a cheater is to make his life miserable over things he didn't do, if he's going to take the punishment for it he might as well do it.

So the question is, does 13% of the American population REALLY want some sizable fraction of the 63% of Americans who are non-Hispanic white to start hating them because they're being unjustly punished for being racists? Even if 3/4 of white Americans take the high-road it'll end badly.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    So the question is, does 13% of the American population REALLY want some sizable fraction of the 63% of Americans who are non-Hispanic white to start hating them because they're being unjustly punished for being racists? Even if 3/4 of white Americans take the high-road it'll end badly.
    More importantly, do they think that calling us "Racists" will make us vote for the Democrats?