starting strength gym
Page 646 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 14654659663664464564664764865669674611461646 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    He’s talking about Tim Kennedy the NY state senator, lol. Clearly he’s talking out of his ass and didn’t listen to the podcast before commenting.
    Yup, johnst, I address that in a subsequent post, if Rip deems it useful enough for our community to put it through.

I already said, I didn't watch the podcast, only the shorter ten-ish minute clip provided. With two young kids I won't even dedicate 2 hours to watching a movie, let alone all that time to a long podcast from a person who hasn't in ten minutes proven himself relevant or analytical enough for me to commit more time to.

In that clip, he banally lambasts Russia for the same old hackeneyed reasons - he probably wants more of our troops and military assets stationed in Eastern Europe!

There's plenty to bash Russia on, for example:
    too much involvement of the Orthodox Church in goverment,
    cannot find a reasonable replacement for Putin (even *we* found our Donald!),
    cheated in the Sochi Olympics,
    changed regional governers' elections from popular vote to appointment by the government (although that is the INVERSE of our Senate mistake, and perhaps a good thing?),
    corrupt bureaucrats not punished harshly enough (our ones in the West are more "polite" in their corruption but also insufficiently punished),
    they acquiesced after initial restraint and insituted overly harsh Covid restrictions,
    too much involvement of Globalists in government, etc.;

but instead Kennedy (,Tim, from the MMA!) gave us hackeneyed tripe about Russia interfering in our elections and now, being the instigation that have caused our BLM and Anti-Fa slime to be so violent and disgusting. Which I am just pointing out is both short-sighted AND politically convenient.

Did Kennedy offer any other useful commentary in that shorter video clip, that perhaps my bias has caused me to overlook?

I don't fully know how the Drudge Report functioned beyond as just a news aggregator since I never used it, but this has worked well for me:

Trends | People-Powered News

The day it opened the owner of Gab jokingly said "Welcome to the Gab Report."

It also adds an uncensored comment section to every website.

An hour and twenty minutes long, but if you don't want to read the previous 600+ pages of this thread, it does a pretty good job of hitting all the major points of discussion:

We Must Question The COVID-19 Status Quo (w/Dr. Jay Bhattacharya)

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Yep. And also it’s possible for the media and left to tell us we’ve never improved, which is clearly a lie. I grew up in the south in the late 60s-80s. I don’t think any scout troop I was in would ever do that because of race, but they would do it as general bullying (to anyone.)

But I played sports with quite a few black kids that were my teammates and friends. We went to dinners and banquets as a team and did not naturally segregate because we were all teammates. I don’t understate the importance of this, from peewee football up, in terms of developing relationships not based on race. I don’t think we are seeing that today.

I don’t doubt that shit happened, but we’ve made progress as a collective society from that.

Unless you listen to MSM, then you learn we haven’t and everything must be burned.
    Same experience growing up in 60s-80s in southern mill town. Barry's story would not have happened there. And, I agree that Sports were the key.

Blacks weren't exactly a minority in my neighborhood ...and the rites of passage ("initiation") were mine in the pre-teen years. Like the black kid in Barry's scout experience, I shook it off and never ratted on the kids despite a nasty injury. I lied to the adults about what happened. Those guys never forgot that and it served me well through high school.

I don't think people understand what some parts of the south were like. Many of the important role models in my life were black...the coaches, the disciplinarians at school, my band teacher, health teacher, civics teach, typing teacher, etc. These were all strong black men (and women) who we admired and respected. They dished out tough love and we NEVER mouthed off at them. In middle school, the black Assistant Principle used a HUGE paddle to punish kids (black AND white). You only made that mistake once.

Yes, the KKK was in the adjacent county, and we all turned our backs on them when they marched in the annual Christmas parade in the early 60s. And, there was still some racial tension but it was mostly among the generations before us. When my parents went on trips without us, they paid a black family in the projects to keep us safe there with them. My little sister was a toddler! Would that happen today?

We were raised on MLK's vision. It was simple enough for children to understand and embrace. As kids we felt like we were part of something important.

To understand what has changed today, I think you have to understand the difference between MLK's vision and that of James H Cone. Sorry, I'm repeating myself from an earlier post. But, what we see today with critical race theory, etc...is all James H Cone. It's a hard pill to swallow and will not end well.

MLK's vision is fueled by love. Cone's vision is fueled by anger.

I cannot believe some of you are STILL stuck in this trap of self examination and hand-wringing. "Are we still a racist society?" The media really has done a number on some of you, hasn't it. OBJECTIVELY, black people have never had it fairer, nay easier, than ever before.

The only people who argue otherwise are professional race grifters, the feckless and lazy non-white people who simply want free shit and to be able to act with impunity - realising that adopting the status of a victim allows them to achieve this... and of course the very special category of self-hating, white basket-cases, i.e - Antifa, unlovable SJW cat-ladies and teenagers who want to conform with the latest fashionable trend.

Since June, we have been subjected to this non-stop onslaught of anti-white propaganda by the intellectual/political/media establishment, and still some of you hand-wringing, and self-examining and explaining yourselves.

Even the term "racism" is designed to be a trap, and divide us further. Continue using it at your peril. Wake the fuck up before it's too late.

Getting what you wanted can be a bitch.

Even so, fuck the city council and the idiots who voted them in. They are getting what they so richly deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Same experience growing up in 60s-80s in southern mill town. Barry's story would not have happened there. And, I agree that Sports were the key.

Blacks weren't exactly a minority in my neighborhood ...and the rites of passage ("initiation") were mine in the pre-teen years. Like the black kid in Barry's scout experience, I shook it off and never ratted on the kids despite a nasty injury. I lied to the adults about what happened. Those guys never forgot that and it served me well through high school.

I don't think people understand what some parts of the south were like. Many of the important role models in my life were black...the coaches, the disciplinarians at school, my band teacher, health teacher, civics teach, typing teacher, etc. These were all strong black men (and women) who we admired and respected. They dished out tough love and we NEVER mouthed off at them. In middle school, the black Assistant Principle used a HUGE paddle to punish kids (black AND white). You only made that mistake once.

Yes, the KKK was in the adjacent county, and we all turned our backs on them when they marched in the annual Christmas parade in the early 60s. And, there was still some racial tension but it was mostly among the generations before us. When my parents went on trips without us, they paid a black family in the projects to keep us safe there with them. My little sister was a toddler! Would that happen today?

We were raised on MLK's vision. It was simple enough for children to understand and embrace. As kids we felt like we were part of something important.

To understand what has changed today, I think you have to understand the difference between MLK's vision and that of James H Cone. Sorry, I'm repeating myself from an earlier post. But, what we see today with critical race theory, etc...is all James H Cone. It's a hard pill to swallow and will not end well.

MLK's vision is fueled by love. Cone's vision is fueled by anger.

This is viewing the past through rose-tinted lenses.

MLK was the same as Cone. He had the same vision and the same message, he just spoke the message in a way that was more palatable to the audience he had at the time.

MLK was uniformly hated by both blacks and whites while he was alive; He was the exact same subversive Marxist.

The narrative on MLK seems to have changed only as a strategy to counter Soviet subversion; The Soviets were financially and logistically backing the unrest caused by MLK and tried to use his assassination to cause even more unrest. The US response was to elevate MLK to hero status in a bid to unify the country into a cohesive unit that could counter the global threat of the USSR. It worked, but it took a massive propaganda campaign and rewriting of history to do it. Taking the long view, was it worth it? 50 years later, did it help or hurt to elevate this communist to hero status?

This time around, we are not simply repeating history with the same events. There are structural differences and the outcome will be different. Ignoring the truth is not in the interest of the United States.
    (1968 had a "Flu" attack attempted as well, there were race riots and there were even unusual wildfires)
    https://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publicatio.../psw_rp055.pdf
    Fire Research and Safety Act of 1968 - Wikipedia

starting strength coach development program
    Dr. Li-Meng Yan, who investigated the origin of the COVID19 virus during the initial outbreak in Wuhan, China as a medical researcher in Hong Kong, has now provided unequivocal evidence that the virus was not of natural origin.

Chinese Scientist Says COVID-19 was Created by China’s Military – Citizens Commission on National Security