COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 648

starting strength gym
Page 648 of 867 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 8664

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #6471
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Dr. Li-Meng Yan, who investigated the origin of the COVID19 virus during the initial outbreak in Wuhan, China as a medical researcher in Hong Kong, has now provided unequivocal evidence that the virus was not of natural origin.

    Chinese Scientist Says COVID-19 was Created by China’s Military – Citizens Commission on National Security
    The really interesting part is her claim that the the Chinese Communist Party intentionally released the virus and she has evidence.

  2. #6472
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    That doesn’t clean anything up though. That just delays the inevitable. When the good people leave, these socialists will eventually follow. If people don’t wake up and vote for representatives that will take these threats seriously and keep the peace then there is really only one alternative. Unless this is really what the people of Oregon want. If that’s the case, they should advertise this on their tourism sites, “Visit Oregon, burn down a local business!”
    Thank you and you're absolutely right, Brian. The "White Flight" (middle class flight?), i.e. leaving the mess behind you, was probably what kept us on this downward trend of societal decline. I've been thinking that us sitting here posting evidence of all of that decline (be it the mask mandates, riots, Covid authoritarianiasm, reverse racism gaining a foothold, etc.) is kind of excessive self-gratification, because we all already know it is a problem.

    So what the hell do we do next!? Leaving the mess is undesirable, like you say, because the mess just creeps out further and further from the progressive hotspots, and also because America (and the big job-center cities within her) are "not perfect, but the best option out there." But I always have liked the analogy too, that you don't stay in a crappy school district to "fix" it while your kids are sufferring - you move the hell out of there to a better zip code! So, hmmmm, not sure what the solutions are, but we've got a bunch of intelligent people here from varied backgrounds, with varied skill sets and varied opinions, but we mostly agree on "The Problem" - I'm sure we could come up with some intriguing, new solutions.

  3. #6473
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Dr. Li-Meng Yan, who investigated the origin of the COVID19 virus during the initial outbreak in Wuhan, China as a medical researcher in Hong Kong, has now provided unequivocal evidence that the virus was not of natural origin.

    Chinese Scientist Says COVID-19 was Created by Chinas Military Citizens Commission on National Security
    Unequivocal evidence is a bit of a stretch since all of the points raised in her opinion piece were addressed in previous discussions of the origin(s) of the virus. See link below. Highly technical reading but you can get the gist of it.

    "However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone."

    The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2 | Nature Medicine

  4. #6474
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    That doesn’t clean anything up though. That just delays the inevitable. When the good people leave, these socialists will eventually follow. If people don’t wake up and vote for representatives that will take these threats seriously and keep the peace then there is really only one alternative. Unless this is really what the people of Oregon want. If that’s the case, they should advertise this on their tourism sites, “Visit Oregon, burn down a local business!”
    https://mobile.twitter.com/deesnider...nna-take-it%2F

    Every day sadly brings more examples of how much puss is oozing out of our rotten society. Music is now gone, too- which institutions out there HAVEN'T been purged of anything but progressive thought!?

    (I guess when this asshole sang " we're not gonna take it anymore," he meant two-parent homes, unsexualized childhoods, immigration policies that favor citizens, meritocracies... &#129315

  5. #6475
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I fucked up the other day, went into a restaurant I hadn't been to in a while. They said I couldn't come in without a mask. I said I don't have a mask. She said just put this paper napkin in front of your face until you get to your table. I said Okay.
    Don't you just love that shit? I went somewhere the other night and got a table with the hostess - without a mask on. It was a fifteen minute wait, so I decided to walk to the back and use the bathroom, for which I was yelled at by multiple employees. When I went back in after my table was ready, I said I didn't have a mask, and they let me just cover my face with my shirt and walk to the table. After being seated I got up and went to the bathroom with no mask and no word from any employee.

    I don't eat there anymore .

  6. #6476
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I fucked up the other day, went into a restaurant I hadn't been to in a while. They said I couldn't come in without a mask. I said I don't have a mask. She said just put this paper napkin in front of your face until you get to your table. I said Okay.
    I wouldn't beat yourself up, Rip. If this is a war for our identity and ideology as Americans, the mask issue is a battle that was lost weeks ago. It's time to pick the next strategy. The next critical terrain feature. We only have so much time left before the election that won't be an election.

  7. #6477
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Wait, but isn’t the currently favored reason for the masks to prevent spreading via the magical droplets to others and not protect the wearers per se?

    These midwits can’t even get their bullshit stories straight.
    shit, I see your point, but going down that rabbit hole (now the protection of others ... also) leads you to what Frank_B said: bu this logic we are all going to wear masks forever.

  8. #6478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Wait, but isn’t the currently favored reason for the masks to prevent spreading via the magical droplets to others and not protect the wearers per se?

    These midwits can’t even get their bullshit stories straight.
    When the world started locking down in March, many people objected saying (correctly) the lockdowns are not a long term solution, since the virus cannot be eradicated and it will just wait to spread once lockdowns are lifted. The pro-lockdown set assured us: we just need to flatten the curve to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed and/or do this until we have a vaccine. That was the bargain which many people agreed to.

    Surprise, the curve has been "flattened" all summer (hospitals were never overwhelmed even during surges earlier in the year), but no one seems to care. And now that a vaccine is on the horizon, quelle surprise, vaccines aren't enough and we can't pin our hopes on them. So we need to keep businesses closed, kids out of school, and masks on our face probably forever (and as you've noted, the benefits of mask wearing have quickly moved from "they protect others from you" to "they protect you from others").

    What the hell is going on? A couple of months ago while the US was going back into lockdown and Europe was getting on with life, I figured this was entirely political. But now I don't know, with the UK, New Zealand, Israel, and many others plunging themselves back into lockdown as their "cases" rise. Why is it that there seems to be no developed country on Earth that has escaped this insanity?

  9. #6479
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    43,661

    Default

    Here's an interesting development: George Soros has apparently bought Fox News.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1306334249105137665

  10. #6480
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    563

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    This is viewing the past through rose-tinted lenses.

    MLK was the same as Cone. He had the same vision and the same message, he just spoke the message in a way that was more palatable to the audience he had at the time.
    I expect you are right. As an adult, I have read MLK & Cone disagreed on tactics: MLK bargained with white people...while Cone demanded immediate justice.

    However, nobody taught me that; there was no Internet to Redpill people. I **was** a child, and I was only taught a few cherry-picked concepts from MLKs "I have a dream" speech.

    So, what MLK really believed or actually said is irrelevant. I'm sure Walter Cronkite played a significant role in programming the chosen message in our minds...no different than today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

    MLK was uniformly hated by both blacks and whites while he was alive; He was the exact same subversive Marxist.
    As children, we knew to run from the haters. We knew who they were because they called us names. We figured they didn't like black and white kids playing together. We associated hating MLK with hating us.

    See what I'm trying to convey? There was a change that took place from '63-74 in the simple minds of children. We were reprogrammed....forever. Whatever bullshit adults (including MLK) were doing didn't matter.

    And that brings me to a very sad point. The children today have again been reprogrammed with the exact opposite message: black children are taught to hate white people, and white children are taught to hate themselves. No wonder they are all on anxiety meds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    The narrative on MLK seems to have changed only as a strategy to counter Soviet subversion; The Soviets were financially and logistically backing the unrest caused by MLK and tried to use his assassination to cause even more unrest. The US response was to elevate MLK to hero status in a bid to unify the country into a cohesive unit that could counter the global threat of the USSR. It worked, but it took a massive propaganda campaign and rewriting of history to do it. Taking the long view, was it worth it? 50 years later, did it help or hurt to elevate this communist to hero status?

    This time around, we are not simply repeating history with the same events. There are structural differences and the outcome will be different. Ignoring the truth is not in the interest of the United States.
    (1968 had a "Flu" attack attempted as well, there were race riots and there were even unusual wildfires)
    https://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publicatio.../psw_rp055.pdf
    Fire Research and Safety Act of 1968 - Wikipedia
    ^This is a fascinating observation.^ Thanks!

    I believe the manipulators are not "countries"...but instead transnationals that use countries as pawns. Perhaps this is how it's always been.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    The 2016 election interference?? There were many legal avenues pursued and articles written on this, and, as I recall, no widely known conclusions.

    Can people refresh me on what Russia has been doing to create discord in our society for decades? I am younger than many of you, but have studied Russian since I was 15, in 1999, and it seems to me that the anti-Russian tropes started popping up in our society after the incident in Georgia in 2008.

    I *still* insist that Russia can be a "bad" country but relatively "better" than many of our current "allies," and by the way religiously and culturally more similar to us, too. It's just so bewildering that on a common-sense level Russia is a stronger and more logical ally, yet isn't because....well, why? In whose interest is it to keep us two White, Christian countries as foes?
    !

    I like Russians. I agree with Nicholas that we have a great deal in common with the Russian people. The Russians I've met here know & hate tyranny and value freedom more than the typical normie American. When it comes to the Russian government, I'm uninformed. I do wonder if a wedge has been artificially inserted between us and the Russian people. There's truth in what Nich says despite mixing up this Kennedy with this Kennedy. This is a locker room not a PhD dissertation defense.

    The MSM tells us Nicholas is wrong and dangerous. Therefore, his ideas are worthy of a ponder. I actually learned to think like that from a couple of young Russians.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb
    Kitsuma, your experience is almost an exact match to mine, growing up in a mill town in NC. Very nicely put.
    Hopefully, there were many towns like ours.

    Let's not dox your / our town, but....You know Coach Woods? Just checkin. ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    I cannot believe some of you are STILL stuck in this trap of self examination and hand-wringing. "Are we still a racist society?" The media really has done a number on some of you, hasn't it. OBJECTIVELY, black people have never had it fairer, nay easier, than ever before.

    The only people who argue otherwise are professional race grifters, the feckless and lazy non-white people who simply want free shit and to be able to act with impunity - realising that adopting the status of a victim allows them to achieve this... and of course the very special category of self-hating, white basket-cases, i.e - Antifa, unlovable SJW cat-ladies and teenagers who want to conform with the latest fashionable trend.

    Since June, we have been subjected to this non-stop onslaught of anti-white propaganda by the intellectual/political/media establishment, and still some of you hand-wringing, and self-examining and explaining yourselves.

    Even the term "racism" is designed to be a trap, and divide us further. Continue using it at your peril. Wake the fuck up before it's too late.
    Well, the conclusion of my "self examination" is.....in the last decade(s?), racism has been reprogrammed back into the minds of a large segment of American society. The good news is...we have organized ourselves into groups so that we can easily identify the racists: they now call themselves Democrats.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •