starting strength gym
Page 659 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 15955960964965765865966066166970975911591659 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Californian lady moves to Idaho

Just watch it

I like this comment
    These people are not nuts because they are democrats, but rather they are democrats because they are nuts.

Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

A NFL QB takes 2 late hits and is injured because a ref couldn't blow the whistle wearing a mask:

https://twitter.com/jenniferleechan/...30908831019009

Today I received a check that I had been waiting for. Notice the postmark of the letter is 28 August 2020. Today is fully 24 days after the check was given to the Post Office.

If this had been a ballot then the voter would have been disenfranchised had the time limit passed for the election.

If we wait 3-1/2 weeks (or longer) for all the "lost" ballots to come in that gives a lot of time for the counters to keep counting until they get their preferred candidate into office.

This is a serious problem.

Mountjoy Paint.jpg

Yes, we are being set up for this debacle. Might have been the idea all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Australia is an interesting example of an unexpected development: The apparent abundance of people willing to help advance tyranny. Our cops, as a general rule, do not behave this way. I had no idea that our cultures were this different. Cops in the UK seem quite willing to participate in the following of any orders they are given, and I guess Australia retains that police culture. Very historically European -- do what you're told, enjoy the power while you have it, take your pension. You Ver Only Followink Ordahs. What could go wrong? You guys have some work to do -- we all do.

over 10 cops in Australia Arrest a Man on The Beach for Not Wearing a Mask - YouTube
    Rip, lets not tarnish ALL Australian's with this. To my knowledge this level of over policing is only happening in my home state, the 'Chinese Province Formerly Known as Victoria'. The cops will suggest they are not arresting him because he's not wearing a mask, rather because he refused to provide either identification or medical papers after they asked him why he's not wearing a mask. Either way its fucking outrageous, but this is the Victoria we find ourselves in at the moment, under the draconian leadership of Daniel Andrews, current Labor Premier. We've just passed Wuhan for having imposed the longest lockdown anywhere in the world. We're currently under Australia's first ever curfew from 9pm-5am each day, and only 'allowed' to leave home for four reasons, with limitations. Shopping for food or other essential items, exercise (applies to outdoor exercise, and with only one other person), permitted work, or caregiving. And when you do leave home, make sure you don't forget your face covering! All of Victoria (6 million people) are required to wear a face covering at all times when outside, even if your by yourself, with no one else around. Oh, I almost forgot, our 'case' numbers are currently averaging about 30 new cases per day over the past two weeks. We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the world, and somehow, Andrews retains a 62% approval rating according to the most recent polling. It's outrageous, and I'm currently in the process of relocating, because this will only get worse before it gets better.

If you want to have a good laugh, read through the restrictions in full, and our 'roadmap' to reopening. If anyone case make any logical sense of any of it, please let me know: Access Denied

My saving grace through this time has been Paul Murray on Sky News, the self titled 'last line of defence for common sense' who calls out Dan Andrew's bullshit every night: There is a 'pyramid of corruption in Victoria and Dan Andrews is at the top' - YouTube

These simple stats about Australia and especially Melbourne was certainly expected.

AMAZING Australian 2020 Flu Season Stats! - YouTube

Look at the fear-mongers and power-grabbers, following the pied piper to our deaths by writing articles now about CASES instead of DEATHS.

UK lockdown: Pubs to close at 10pm across England as covid alert level RISES to 4
    (A chart showing the horror of rising cases is on Drudge right now, at 5:17 AM Eastern Time)

How I wish our betters could just take wealth from the economies and stock markets, and install their preferred puppet leaders faster, rather than torture us with this slow drip, so we could all move CoVid warnings to the level where they belong:
    A "Choking hazard" label, to be ignored by all but the most idiotic gene sequences among us.

Or hell, even moving these CoVid warnings to the level of a well-intentioned but superfluous and ignorable TERROR ALERT ELEVATED, gifted to us by G.W. Bush, would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Reid View Post
    Rip, lets not tarnish ALL Australian's with this. To my knowledge this level of over policing is only happening in my home state, the 'Chinese Province Formerly Known as Victoria'. The cops will suggest they are not arresting him because he's not wearing a mask, rather because he refused to provide either identification or medical papers after they asked him why he's not wearing a mask. Either way its fucking outrageous, but this is the Victoria we find ourselves in at the moment, under the draconian leadership of Daniel Andrews, current Labor Premier. We've just passed Wuhan for having imposed the longest lockdown anywhere in the world. We're currently under Australia's first ever curfew from 9pm-5am each day, and only 'allowed' to leave home for four reasons, with limitations. Shopping for food or other essential items, exercise (applies to outdoor exercise, and with only one other person), permitted work, or caregiving. And when you do leave home, make sure you don't forget your face covering! All of Victoria (6 million people) are required to wear a face covering at all times when outside, even if your by yourself, with no one else around. Oh, I almost forgot, our 'case' numbers are currently averaging about 30 new cases per day over the past two weeks. We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the world, and somehow, Andrews retains a 62% approval rating according to the most recent polling. It's outrageous, and I'm currently in the process of relocating, because this will only get worse before it gets better.
    Since I am too lazy to search the internet, can you help a little? What is the political landscape in Victoria like? Does the government party have a strong majority in the assembly? Is the governor's place secure or is it swinging? Has there been a spate of controversy recently (corruption and the like)? I doubt the government is doing this out of sheer craziness. All the cases of current lockdowns have roots in either weak minority governments (New Zealand, Ireland), or governments with a bunch of nasty shit to hide (Israel, the UK, Madrid).

starting strength coach development program
    Jake Gardner, Marine Veteran, Bar Owner, Kills Rioter in Self-Defense; Authorities Charge Him, He Commits Suicide - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Is it even worth in it today's society to defend oneself with a firearm. I know in many cases of life and death it is, however, it seems to get the good guys in trouble quite a bit. I have been thinking about carrying for a while, but I am starting to have doubts. I have firearms but I have chosen to not carry for many reasons, this being one. It seems to me that a firearm in some cases is the only solution. However, I know there are others ways from staying away from those cases. Granted, someone breaks into my casa, there will be firearms involved, but carrying doesn't seem worth...in most cases. Am I just being a wuss or is the firearm not the same tool it was in the wild west? This is not a anti-gun statement, just thoughts from a practical suburban outlook.