COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 674

starting strength gym
Page 674 of 744 FirstFirst ... 174574624664672673674675676684724 ... LastLast
Results 6,731 to 6,740 of 7435

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #6731
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    America
    Posts
    88

    Default

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Posting this here because I don't think the protest/riots and Covid can be completely separate. Nonetheless, this also involves strength. At the end of this video, does that guy hulk smash that window with his hand? I looked at closer pictures and it appears to be an empty hand, possibly he had some kind of brass knuckles? Who knows, but damn, how many people did it take to smash in vehicle windows at antifa riots?

    https://twitter.com/desertborder/sta...90341076893696

  2. #6732
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    A functioning media would be useful in a situation like this.
    As Michael Malice says, "the media doesn't (just) have a bias; it has an agenda." In that regard, it is functioning exactly the way it's supposed to.

  3. #6733
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    43,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    This is why I don't want mail-in voting expanded, I want to see it ended.
    I agree. If you are not sufficiently invested in the process to get to the polls, identify yourself, and vote on the record, you should not be "allowed" to vote.

  4. #6734
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    43,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Posting this here because I don't think the protest/riots and Covid can be completely separate. Nonetheless, this also involves strength. At the end of this video, does that guy hulk smash that window with his hand? I looked at closer pictures and it appears to be an empty hand, possibly he had some kind of brass knuckles? Who knows, but damn, how many people did it take to smash in vehicle windows at antifa riots?

    https://twitter.com/desertborder/sta...90341076893696
    This link doesn't show anything being smashed. Can you fix it?

  5. #6735
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This link doesn't show anything being smashed. Can you fix it?
    It's the third image down with "Someone ran their car through a crowd of Trump supporters. OC Sheriffs took the person into custody. Ambulances were dispatched, but I don't have information on injuries" as the title.

  6. #6736
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    Posting this here because I don't think the protest/riots and Covid can be completely separate. Nonetheless, this also involves strength. At the end of this video, does that guy hulk smash that window with his hand? I looked at closer pictures and it appears to be an empty hand, possibly he had some kind of brass knuckles? Who knows, but damn, how many people did it take to smash in vehicle windows at antifa riots?

    https://twitter.com/desertborder/sta...90341076893696
    You have to scroll down a bit to find the smashing in question. But after stop frame viewing it a few times, the window was broken by the guy using a hammer fist. A mostly unappreciated hand strike executed by making a tight fist and in this case striking downward with the pinky side. It's a very powerful strike, but even so, shattering a car window with it is no mean feat.

  7. #6737
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I agree. If you are not sufficiently invested in the process to get to the polls, identify yourself, and vote on the record, you should not be "allowed" to vote.
    The only exception I'd make is for deployed military. Hell I wouldn't object if they got to count as 2 votes instead of 1. Besides, some kind of ballot scheme would be a lot easier to detect and deal with at a military base.

  8. #6738
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    43,273

    Default

    I have an idea! How about they vote at the base under identification, and then the base submits the ballot to their home jurisdictions, in time to be counted by the night of the election!

  9. #6739
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The only exception I'd make is for deployed military. Hell I wouldn't object if they got to count as 2 votes instead of 1. Besides, some kind of ballot scheme would be a lot easier to detect and deal with at a military base.
    Shades of Heinlein and Starship Troopers.

  10. #6740
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    29,989

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    I dunno, but somehow this seems more about self promotion than a tribute to Ginsburg.

    Ruth Bader Ginsburg'''s personal trainer does push-ups in front of her casket in US Capitol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •