starting strength gym
Page 675 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 17557562566567367467567667768572577511751675 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    You have to scroll down a bit to find the smashing in question. But after stop frame viewing it a few times, the window was broken by the guy using a hammer fist. A mostly unappreciated hand strike executed by making a tight fist and in this case striking downward with the pinky side. It's a very powerful strike, but even so, shattering a car window with it is no mean feat.
    And then we have a scene transition to the perspective of the other side of the civil war:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...69778436321280

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have an idea! How about they vote at the base under identification, and then the base submits the ballot to their home jurisdictions, in time to be counted by the night of the election.
    I cannot understand why there is such resistance to verying votes unless there is fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I have an idea! How about they vote at the base under identification, and then the base submits the ballot to their home jurisdictions, in time to be counted by the night of the election.
    Right, that'd actually be one of the reasons I'm fine with the military doing it, because it's possible for them to regulate the process. Not so much with ballots mailed out into the wild, as we've seen demonstrated so painfully here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    I'm curious if anyone will perform a complete post-mortem on this debacle. It would be especially interesting to know
    It is impossible to quantify the true costs of these policy decisions, since they have permanently altered the course of history. A functioning media would be useful in a situation like this.
    It probably needs to be done

Something most of us have noticed compiled into a nice collection of graphs:
    WTF Happened In 1971?

To be accurate, I believe it should be interpreted as: WTF happened in 1964-1968, manifesting itself fully in policy, law and effect by 1971. The second inflection point we can see is the period from about 1913 to 1918 (however, this inflection point is obscured by data aberrations caused by WWI, less accurate data collection methods and scale).
    We have now reached the third inflection point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    I'm curious if anyone will perform a complete post-mortem on this debacle. It would be especially interesting to know:
    • Total deaths in the US, Jan-Sep 2020 versus the same period, previous year
    • Split by age group
    • Split by type of death
    • Increase in [and causes of] non-COVID related deaths and whether or not that number is equal to, less than, or greater than total COVID deaths
    • The above stats calculated in terms of "life years lost" (I wonder how many life years have been lost due to things like suicide among young people, which represent 40+ life years lost per person, as compared to life years lost due to COVID deaths from the elderly)

It'd be hard to get accurate ranges, but it'd be worth attempting to calculate:
    • Total economic cost
    • Cost per incremental death (over last year's baseline)
    • Cost per incremental life year lost (over last year's baseline)
    • A simulation, based on actuals from other countries, to imagine what these stats may have been if there were no lockdowns, social distancing, mask mandates, etc in the US

It would also be interesting to know:
    • Total and percentage of deaths caused by government intervention (especially early moves that placed COVID patients in end of life care facilities, for example)
    • Psychological impact on the country as measured by Rx drug use, illegal drug use, alcohol/cannabis use increases, and a sentiment analysis (hopelessness/optimism, feeling of being in control of one's own destiny, etc)
    • Total dollars spent by businesses and government on policy implementation (including social distancing, signage, PPE, human resources, equipment, etc)
    • Number and percentage of small businesses that filed for bankruptcy, year over year
    • Average economic injury to government employee vs public company employee vs private company employee vs small business owner
    • Crime stats comparison, year over year
    • Trust in media and government stats, year over year

It is impossible to quantify the true costs of these policy decisions, since they have permanently altered the course of history. A functioning media would be useful in a situation like this.
    This guy is a pretty good resource The Ethical Skeptic | Challenging Agency of Pseudo-Skepticism & Cultivated Ignorance
    Professor Michael Levitt has quoted him a few times commending his work.

Here are a few smart people from Twitter which is worth checking out as well
    https://twitter.com/carlheneghan?s=09
    https://twitter.com/FatEmperor?s=09
    https://twitter.com/BallouxFrancois?s=09
    https://twitter.com/federicolois?s=09
    https://twitter.com/MLevitt_NP2013?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Something most of us have noticed compiled into a nice collection of graphs:
    WTF Happened In 1971?

To be accurate, I believe it should be interpreted as: WTF happened in 1964-1968, manifesting itself fully in policy, law and effect by 1971. The second inflection point we can see is the period from about 1913 to 1918 (however, this inflection point is obscured by data aberrations caused by WWI, less accurate data collection methods and scale).
    We have now reached the third inflection point.
    Decoupling from gold/end of Bretton Woods removed any remaining currency restraints, and mass immigration starting to hit (Hart-Cellar) + womyn entering the workforce privided a glut of labor

Paul Weston: "...here is an interesting fact I discovered the other day. The total number of deaths from or with COVID-19 in England amongst those aged under 60 and without one or more existing life threatening illnesses, is pretty much zero..."

Watch here;

Paul Weston Covid Lies, Damned Lies & Statistics - YouTube

An interesting quote from Dr. Susan Hopkins, Public Health England's incident director: "Although it may seem straightforward, there is no WHO agreed method of counting deaths from COVID-19. In England, we count all those that have died who had a positive COVID-19 test at any point, to ensure our data are as complete as possible."

Read that about 4 times and then watch this video. Prepare to cry or puke, maybe both.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1310705415030628352

I'm just about ready for this stupid shit to be over. You?

starting strength coach development program
    The level of incompetence is a material evil. She is ensuring the exact opposite, that the data is as incomplete as possible by completely drowning covid as root cause in a massive amount of noise.

Keep having to rub my eyes and pinch myself.