starting strength gym
Page 691 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 19159164168168969069169269370174179111911691 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,910 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well, he clearly knows we’re all dumbasses.

His tome almost convinced me, but I fell asleep reading. When I woke up I figured I’d just finish cleaning these here guns.

Do y’all get that?

Quote Originally Posted by johnst_nhb View Post
    Ah yes, the jig is up.

As a southerner, I saw right through your use of “y’all.”

Nice try though.
    Perhaps a "bless your heart" in response is in order.

Ah yes, the jig is up.

Nice try though.
    With that vernacular it could be John, can I get me a huntin' license here, Kerry. Is that you, Ambassador?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    I almost went to RPI, twice. From my understanding, it is now at the vanguard of the woke infiltration of STEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    My parents actually met while attending RPI. Nowadays they both want nothing to do with it anymore.
    This news regarding RPI made my heart sink.

Ah yes, the jig is up.

Nice try though.
    Pro tip: advanced players use you'ens

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    That response speaks for itself. Lol.
    If you guys weren't so repetitive I'd be inclined to read more. I'd be surprised if anyone said anything new in the next 20 pages.
    Pinkos get triggered when they are exposed to uncommon ideas and thoughts they can't censor.

He would malfunction if he had to read any information that contradicted his primary programming protocols.

It also seems though that you guys favor a system of government which doesn’t fund public institutions—like public schools. Do you see a contradiction there? No doubt public education in the U.S. sucks, but at least in theory it could be good. How do you expect huge masses of people to learn to read and understand scientific papers if there’s no public education system?
    Check out "Dumbing Us Down" by John Taylor Gatto sometime. Literacy rates and the general education level of the US were almost certainly higher prior to widespread public education. The dichotomy of results between private/charter/ homeschool vs. most municipality's public schools is also very damning.

Enough about this asshole.

Masks: Mask Mandates and Infection Rates. Is There a Correlation?

Just wear the damn mask. Because I said so.

One other thing I'd challenge you guys on is your claim that you're taking the position you're taking because "in the big picture" it's not worth shutting down the economy for 200k deaths (if those numbers are correct). I don't get the feeling though that you'd change your positions if we were going to have 2 million deaths instead. It seems like the numbers are a rationalization and that you'd never agree to a shutdown or other measures for any period of time.
    I don't think with 20 million potential deaths I'd advocate mandating a shutdown. This is what people don't understand: If people are dropping dead in the streets from, say, an ebola-like virus, they aren't going to go out. All of the "mandatory" closings wouldn't be necessary because no one would be going to the gym. No one would be eating at restaurants. Those places would very likely voluntarily close on their own accord because they'd be too scared to open.

The local governments and health departments have unequivocally decided that they are going to be scared for you, and that they will let you know when it's safe to eat at a restaurant. They have decided when it is safe for you to do squats without a mask. They have decided when you are essential or non-essential. They have decided everything about what you can or cannot do. They have completely ignored you and what you feel is safe. Local governments have shuttered businesses like bars. They have forced restaurants into austere conditions serving 25-50% of their customers at a maximum. They have done all of this because of a virus that kills... Shit... something like .03% of the population.

Why aren't people like you foaming at the mouth and pissed off? I do not understand and cannot understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    See, this is why you need to finish reading. New shit is said every day. But inane shit like makes me think you're a leftist and therefore ineligible to participate.
    There’s a lot that’s happening in the U.S. and the world that you guys just don’t talk about. You bring up the same kinds of events over and over and then interpret them in the same way again and again. To find something comparable you’d have to go to some weird religious community where everybody is sitting around intoning something.

Ah yes, the jig is up.

Nice try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He thinks he's buttering up us good ole boys.
    This is ludicrous. As if it's possible to butter you guys up. Y'all are, as you seem to recognize sometimes, some of the most hostile and disagreeable people around. Echo chambers make people stupid.

starting strength coach development program
    There’s a lot that’s happening in the U.S. and the world that you guys just don’t talk about.
    How do you know what the hell we're talking about? You haven't read the goddamn thread. Go away.