COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 692

starting strength gym
Page 692 of 876 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 8760

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #6911
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    146

    Default

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    This made the headlines here.

    "Son stopped from comforting grieving mum at dad’s funeral because of Covid rules"

    https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1313418723156393984

  2. #6912
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Shit I love Alan Jones! May he be blessed with a very long and healthy life. We need more people like this guy!

    Only eight Australians are seriously ill with COVID, yet 'thousands are going broke' - YouTube

  3. #6913
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    147

  4. #6914
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    Thereís a lot thatís happening in the U.S. and the world that you guys just donít talk about. You bring up the same kinds of events over and over and then interpret them in the same way again and again. To find something comparable youíd have to go to some weird religious community where everybody is sitting around intoning something.






    This is ludicrous. As if it's possible to butter you guys up. Y'all are, as you seem to recognize sometimes, some of the most hostile and disagreeable people around. Echo chambers make people stupid.
    You admit to not reading the thread, and then throw out a lot of generalizations about what we have and haven't discussed. You say we're disagreeable, but we're also an echo chamber. You think we're dumbed down, yet you find it necessary to engage in a discussion you aren't full informed on...

    Well. What earth shattering information do you think we're missing? What do you have to offer? And why should we listen to you when you haven't actually listened to us?

  5. #6915
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Dr John Lee
    How deadly is the coronavirus? It's still far from clear
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...mpression=true

  6. #6916
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    America
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    Thereís a lot thatís happening in the U.S. and the world that you guys just donít talk about. You bring up the same kinds of events over and over and then interpret them in the same way again and again. To find something comparable youíd have to go to some weird religious community where everybody is sitting around intoning something.

    This is ludicrous. As if it's possible to butter you guys up. Y'all are, as you seem to recognize sometimes, some of the most hostile and disagreeable people around. Echo chambers make people stupid.
    About time we get some projection in here.

    Projection | Psychology Today

  7. #6917
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Murphysboro, IL
    Posts
    30,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    This is ludicrous. As if it's possible to butter you guys up. Y'all are, as you seem to recognize sometimes, some of the most hostile and disagreeable people around. Echo chambers make people stupid.
    I suppose it seems ludicrous when you get caught and called out.

    So basically, this was all simply a drive-by bit of dilettante commentary from someone who couldn't be bothered to become better informed. Not to worry, it was pretty apparent.

  8. #6918
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Enough about this asshole.

    Masks: Mask Mandates and Infection Rates. Is There a Correlation?

    Just wear the damn mask. Because I said so.
    Original article here: Rational Ground: Mask Charts

    Also relevant: Interactive Tool: Masks and Covid-19

    It's hard to ever actually WIN an argument against a covid panic porn purveyor because arguing with them is like nailing jelly to a wall. As soon as you bat down their latest point, they switch gears, move goalposts, change topics, non-sequitur. Every single time.

    However, it's become exceedingly obvious at this point that if you don't cherry pick your favorite 1-2 places, and if you wiped the country names off these charts, no one would be able to tell based on the case/hospitalization/death data which places had severe lockdowns and enforced mandatory masking, which had lighter, and which had almost none. It's just right there in front of our faces, and blindingly obvious at this point. They like to bring up New Zealand, but for every NZ, there's a Peru or Argentina. Look at the charts, and there's no getting around it.

    Since they have invested so much emotional capital into believing this story, and now cling to their righteousness in not doing any of the things they enjoy or seeing the people they love for 7 months now, they won't look at the charts and accept this obvious point.

    "No," they'll say, "don't you see? It would be EVEN WORSE in those places without masks and lockdowns." But there's no evidence of that. There's no more reason to believe that's true than there is to believe it makes no difference at all, or even makes it worse. It's just what they have to say to justify their actions and emotional investment of the past 7 months.

    Virus gonna virus, yes; but also, humans gonna human.
    YT * IG * FB

  9. #6919
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    43,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    This made the headlines here.

    "Son stopped from comforting grieving mum at dad’s funeral because of Covid rules"

    https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1313418723156393984
    And they dutifully obeyed. This is horrible.

  10. #6920
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    East Haddam, Connecticut
    Posts
    79

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    This made the headlines here.

    "Son stopped from comforting grieving mum at dadís funeral because of COVID rules"

    https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1313418723156393984
    Honestly, the part that's the most upsetting here is not the statist scumbag who went over to enforce these dumbass social distancing rules on a grieving widow; but rather, what really pissed me off was the fact that her two sons got up and willfully moved their chairs away like two pussies while their mom was crying. It's shameful and embarrassing. These two "men" should have knocked that moron out. This is how western civilization dies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •