starting strength gym
Page 695 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 19559564568569369469569669770574579511951695 ... LastLast
Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Serious question: what leads you to say he was a "very smart scientist"? All I see is a 35-year history of fuckups.
    Yeah in retrospect that’s a bit of a platitude...

He is not the smartest by any stretch, but I was referring to his work as a younger scientist before he took a turn for the worse.

What I mean is he’s not dumb, he’s pretty accomplished in terms of his scientific work (I’d say this about any scientist who was a serious researcher at one time) but he’s ruined his accomplishments by becoming a corrupt, greedy fame-seeking clown.

He KNOWS the actual reality of COVID and masks, but it’s not in his interest to be honest.

Serious question: what leads you to say he was a "very smart scientist"? All I see is a 35-year history of fuckups.
    Cause you know, he is a doctor after all. Lol

They are asking us to believe that American people will elect a President who is in favor of riots and looting. Not going to happen.
    I was feeling pretty bullish on Trump's chances a while back, expecting the polls to narrow getting closer to election day and the "shy Trump voter" effect to push him over the top. But I'm less optimistic now, with the polls going not just in the wrong direction but in large numbers. A good hypothesis I heard recently for a Biden win is along the lines of "Make Politics Boring Again." Everyone is just goddamn tired of it all. It's exhausting. It is entirely the fault of the left: they spent the past three years making news and social media insufferable and saturated with nonstop screeching and outrage. And in 2020 they upped it to literally destroying the economy and lives via lockdowns and riots. Everything just sucks and they have put Trump at the center of it.

If we were all rational actors we would not reward this behavior. But the implicit message is appealing to a large number of people: "vote for us, politics will become boring again and we will stop ruining your life and mental health." You can cast it as a Heckler's Veto, childish tantrum, extortion, or all three. But take a step back and consider the two possible outcomes: (a) Trump wins and we get some policy victories around immigration and tax policy, but half the country is still locked down and society is still forced to live in constant fear of respiratory viruses (COVID-19 is just the first one). (b) Biden wins and we get a worse economy and some dumb woke executive orders, but everything opens up, you can go to a bar again, children go back to enjoying childhood, sports stadiums have fans, and everything is much more pleasant.

I'm going to vote for Trump and I will crawl over broken glass to do it. I'm just saying I see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Still arguing for masks in the face of this data is ... brilliant tragical satire, I guess.

I could live with that. But they also have to make you the enemy for pointing out the mistakes. And "they" include politicians who still follow their herd instinct instead of their duty and still try to eliminate this virus with restrictions:
    That is so fucked up. Red zones? Orange zones? Schools closed?

There you have it, it's the same all over the world. "We all have to work together" means, if you're not following orders, you're a Covid terrorist and want someone's granny to die. So the fines increase, in order to make you see the error of your ways, and how serious this (virus?) is.
    "at least 14 days" has been heard for 7 months now, and the fucking curve has been hammered flat a long time ago.
    Oh my god! https://twitter.com/CAgovernor/statu...173825/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    The bullshit has finally arrived in my hometown. It's amazing that no one is mowing these rioters down in the street.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Julio_Ros...25827496087552
    I can't figure out why BLM is mad at Wauwatosa. And I can't figure out why the Wauwatosa Police don't just shoot everybody that throws a brick through a window.

And I can't figure out Gov. Abbott of Texas: King Abbott Deems Some of His Subjects Might Be Permitted To Quaff A Flagon Of Ale. Sometime Next Week. Maybe. If The Local Baron Approves. << Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

I do know it is his last term.

Great Barrington Declaration

In just four days, 14,000 Not Real Scientists and 128,000 COVID-19 Terrorists have signed the GBD.

What exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    I agree with you, Mark. What I don't understand is why/how Rasmussen would have shut data, all of a sudden. They are far from left leaning...
    Feels almost like when Fox News all of a sudden decided to censor any mention of George Soros, doesn't it?

Feels a lot like how it overnight became against the rules to criticize China and "Red Dawn 2" had to be rewritten/revised to feature a North Korean invasion of the United States rather than a Chinese invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
    I was feeling pretty bullish on Trump's chances a while back, expecting the polls to narrow getting closer to election day and the "shy Trump voter" effect to push him over the top. But I'm less optimistic now, with the polls going not just in the wrong direction but in large numbers. A good hypothesis I heard recently for a Biden win is along the lines of "Make Politics Boring Again." Everyone is just goddamn tired of it all. It's exhausting. It is entirely the fault of the left: they spent the past three years making news and social media insufferable and saturated with nonstop screeching and outrage. And in 2020 they upped it to literally destroying the economy and lives via lockdowns and riots. Everything just sucks and they have put Trump at the center of it.
    It is all fake. They are trying to make you believe it enough that you will find some sort of highly improbably explanation for it.

In reality, it is a huge con game and a massive fraud.

The simplest explanation here is the correct one.

This one is interesting:
    Militia group plotted to kidnap Michigan Gov. Whitmer, feds say

Apparently, they were charged with "gang membership" among other things.
    Now, imagine how many BLM/AntiFa could be charged with the same federal crime if the law were to be applied evenly.

Looks like they just charged six men who were plotting to kidnap the Michigan governor. What a surprise! I can’t imagine what she possibly could have done to piss people off?

FBI uncovers armed militia plot to abduct Michigan Gov. Whitmer | Fox News

starting strength coach development program
    Looks like traitor bitch Fonda has done it again. But this time to her fellow leftists rather than the US. Video: Jane Fonda Calls This Deadly Pandemic 'God's Gift To The Left'