starting strength gym
Page 698 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 19859864868869669769869970070874879811981698 ... LastLast
Results 6,971 to 6,980 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    I’m also perplexed by y’all’s support for big business and small businesses. Isn’t it clear that the worst enemy of small business is big business? Liberals may want to regulate small businesses more than you like, but people on the right want big businesses to grow so big that there aren’t any small businesses. Unless you guys are strongly in favor of anti-trust regulations, it seems like you’re getting hoisted by your own petard. There’s a portion of the left which wants to do away with all businesses, but that’s a pretty radical fringe. Most liberals love small businesses.
    This is ludicrous. As if it's possible to butter you guys up. Y'all are, as you seem to recognize sometimes, some of the most hostile and disagreeable people around. Echo chambers make people stupid.
    Yep, I can confirm: Patrick Abraham's usage of "y'all" was definitely patronizing and inauthentic.
    I immediately cringed somehow when reading his use of the term, because to my Maryland ears (we were South of the Mason-Dixon line!) it just instantly felt faked. I cannot say why, I guess that's just baked into my being, but the fact that others picked up on this too confirms my instincts.

Totally off topic, but for you yankees who feel smug about the term "y'all," (even my New Jersey cousins thought I sounded strange as a kid):
    I recommend you consider how most other [Romance] languages have a pronoun for the 2nd person plural, and besides, other American terms of ours out there are much more cringe-worthy, chief among them for me: SODA POP. Ugh.

Back to Patrick's posts:
    my friend, I think you're shocked by what you read here because the MSM, academia, and the entirety of our public institutions pretty much all tow the Progressive line, and so this is your redpill moment, if you allow for it.
    You really should read through the entire thread, I did so when I joined back when it was at about 250 pages deep, and there really are intelligent, reasoned, analytical and critical posts here, and actually people from varied backgrounds (me being from the PAID RUSSIAN TROLL background ).
    And unlike with social media you can actually have lengthy, interesting debates here, AND Mark is a much more reasonable censor than the Tech robber-barron troglodytes!
    Anyways, Patrick, man, read up if you want to, but as our most recent token normie here, if you choose not to you will be demonstrating a preference for intellectual ignorance, which will further support the hypothesis that Progressive normies actually DON'T WANT free speech!

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    And if we really think about it, the United States government doesn't own the land either. A simple image search of the term "Aztlan" will give you all of the information you need.
    On this whole WHY THE HELL DO WE PAY TAXES debate from earlier this week, has anyone else had this observation or change of opinion?

I used to count myself among those who exhibit the "Conservative" tax viewpoint, that yes, our taxes are so idiotically and naively wasted on, among other things, wasteful welfare spending, wars, and duplicative programs, but nonetheless it is virtuous and patriotic to consider yourself a contributing taxpayer.

(I speak from experience as a former higher-ed administrator who saw duplicative Veterans programs constantly created, and academic administrators drooling to get their hands on that training grant money, often with no concern about the benefit to the Vets themselves. And I've seen plenty of people and family using welfare as that ubiquitous hand out instead of a hand up.)

Well, after all this CoVid craziness, I've lost that warm and fuzzy feeling that taxpaying is patriotic and admirable. After all of this (continuing) madness, I'd really like to find a way to give these phuckers as little of my money as possible, legally of course, but, hell, in war the lines get blurred.

Anyone else have a similar change of heart?

Looks like the media narrative is trying to pivot since it looks like Trump's gonna have one of those "no big deal" recoveries.

How Much Would Trump’s Coronavirus Treatment Cost Most Americans? - The New York Times

I mean sure, Trump's fine now. BUT IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE HIS TREATMENTS WERE EXPENSIVE! You're still gonna die horribly if you're not rich!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    I have noticed this too. I wonder if they are trying to backtrack in case Trump loses? The Never-Trumpers and moderates may have infiltrated the heart of their news center too.
    Partisan outlets tend to do very well when the opposition in power. Fox News went gangbusters during the Obama administration. Same for Trump: a lot of people on the left have gotten very rich from farming outrage clicks and views. A Biden (soon to be Harris) presidency would be very good for Fox's bottom line.

People like Tucker and Hannity can't go left because they have their own conservative brands they need to protect, and Fox keeps them on because they're still big draws in terms of ratings. But there are other ways for Fox to put their thumb on the scale, like choosing which stories to cover, how to cover those stories, and nudging lesser personalities like Chris Wallace.

An interesting thing happened this morning while listening to NPR on the way home from the gym. They interviewed the AG of Michigan about the Whitmer kidnapping plot. The woman interviewing him asked about Trump's counter to Whitmer's complaint about the plot being HIS fault because of his (inferred) support of white supremacists and right wing hate groups.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer blames kidnap plot on Trump’s rhetoric

Funny thing, because one of the leaders of the plot didn't like Trump either.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/st...ps-rhetoric%2F

Which was laden with irony given Trump's response about how HIS FBI uncovered and foiled the plot.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...77607379640320

Somehow the audio and transcript of that interview has been disappeared by both NPR and Google. Which was probably because the AG was pretty snarky about Trump and his agencies having saved Whitmer's bacon.

Amazing.

FYI only... Bobby Bowden, ~90yo former head coach of FSU was admitted to the hospital with a positive test. He went in as a precaution.

He's been in great spirits, according to one of his sons.

How many other 90yo's recover, yet we don't hear about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    The woman interviewing him asked about Trump's counter to Whitmer's complaint about the plot being HIS fault because of his (inferred) support of white supremacists and right wing hate groups.
    Trump wrote a tweet saying "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!"

I don't know if the guy is a white supremacist or part of a hate group. But telling people to liberate Michigan sounds like a clear call for violence. How else do you liberate political entities? Michigan wasn't holding elections.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...69217531056130

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    How many other 90yo's recover, yet we don't hear about it?
    All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Yep, I can confirm: Patrick Abraham's usage of "y'all" was definitely patronizing and inauthentic.
    I immediately cringed somehow when reading his use of the term, because to my Maryland ears (we were South of the Mason-Dixon line!) it just instantly felt faked. I cannot say why, I guess that's just baked into my being, but the fact that others picked up on this too confirms my instincts.
    Y'all are idiots. I grew up in Georgia. If anything's "faked" it's the "you guys".

Back to Patrick's posts:
    my friend, I think you're shocked by what you read here because the MSM, academia, and the entirety of our public institutions pretty much all tow the Progressive line, and so this is your redpill moment, if you allow for it.
    You really should read through the entire thread, I did so when I joined back when it was at about 250 pages deep, and there really are intelligent, reasoned, analytical and critical posts here, and actually people from varied backgrounds (me being from the PAID RUSSIAN TROLL background ).
    I'm not shockedby what I read here. I'm interested. I agree that there are intelligent, well-reasoned, analytical posts on this thread. The points they made were interesting the first time someone made them. The 100th time? Not as interesting then.

And unlike with social media you can actually have lengthy, interesting debates here, AND Mark is a much more reasonable censor than the Tech robber-barron troglodytes!
    Did you not see Mark just say that leftists are ineligible to participate in this discussion?

Trump wrote a tweet saying "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!"

I don't know if the guy is a white supremacist or part of a hate group. But telling people to liberate Michigan sounds like a clear call for violence. How else do you liberate political entities? Michigan wasn't holding elections.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...69217531056130
    He was addressing the fucking Governor, you fool.

Did you not see Mark just say that leftists are ineligible to participate in this discussion?
    Really, just you.

starting strength coach development program
    I'd really like to find a way to give these phuckers as little of my money as possible, legally of course, but, hell, in war the lines get blurred.
    Anyone else have a similar change of heart?
    Much of the money we have stolen by the government is redistributed to indoctrination camps, AntiFa terrorists, communist China, kickbacks to Clinton Foundation supporters or to subsidize shipping costs for Amazon. Do those sound like the actions of a legitimate government?