starting strength gym
Page 699 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 19959964968969769869970070170974979911991699 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The problems we have been experiencing need to be stopped at the source, otherwise they will persist forever:
    How China is slowly KILLING us all - YouTube

It doesn't matter what you are selling in China, you will not have access to their market. Maybe they will let you sell your machinery or technology or books for a few years. They will make big promises. But, it will not last. You will lose both money and morale by doing business in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    On this whole WHY THE HELL DO WE PAY TAXES debate from earlier this week, has anyone else had this observation or change of opinion?

I used to count myself among those who exhibit the "Conservative" tax viewpoint, that yes, our taxes are so idiotically and naively wasted on, among other things, wasteful welfare spending, wars, and duplicative programs, but nonetheless it is virtuous and patriotic to consider yourself a contributing taxpayer.

(I speak from experience as a former higher-ed administrator who saw duplicative Veterans programs constantly created, and academic administrators drooling to get their hands on that training grant money, often with no concern about the benefit to the Vets themselves. And I've seen plenty of people and family using welfare as that ubiquitous hand out instead of a hand up.)

Well, after all this CoVid craziness, I've lost that warm and fuzzy feeling that taxpaying is patriotic and admirable. After all of this (continuing) madness, I'd really like to find a way to give these phuckers as little of my money as possible, legally of course, but, hell, in war the lines get blurred.

Anyone else have a similar change of heart?
    I had been on the fence about public health as the sole remaining reason I could find for the existence of the state as such. The triumphant return of the nanny state by popular acclaim under COVID has decisively proven just how detrimental the public health authority is to public health. So I’m good on that particular dilemma.

In 2016, Trump appealed to me (beyond the Drain The Swamp, we're-going-after-the-deep-state silly bullshit) because he promised to A) get out of the Middle East and B) reduce the debt, which was around ~19 billion. There's no point getting into the Middle East here, but just prior to the pandemic this year, it had increased by around ~3 trillion. Now, after all this, can you imagine the scale of money printing which will be required, and how much debt will need to be bought up, in order to keep rates down until 2026, as the Fed. recently announced? If rates do finally increase, and the whole thing unravels, they will need a new monetary system for us to put our faith in...

The European Central Bank is now seriously promoting the idea of digital Euro, as a "safer" alternative to cash in these turbulent times:
    ECB takes major step toward introducing a digital Euro

ECB report on the digital euro(Oct 2020):
    https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/ot...268b458.en.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    He was addressing the fucking Governor, you fool.

Really, just you.
    What will the New York Times do when Trump goes? - UnHerd[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3

What will they do

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I get very tired of this shit:

Well, there’s the big man himself, for a start. There’s no question that Trump wouldn’t much like losing office. Defeat in the election would hurt his ego in ways that many of us will find it exquisitely sweet to imagine. Also, a return to civilian life would pose him two big problems. One is that he would be liable for criminal prosecution and civil litigation in so many departments you wouldn’t quite know where to begin. No doubt he’ll have a go at issuing a blanket pardon to himself, on all counts, before he leaves office.
    Like Trump is a "dictator" having failed to dictate anything. This kid is right about the NYT, but the premise is so silly that it's hard to read.

I get very tired of this shit:

Like Trump is a "dictator" having failed to dictate anything. This kid is right about the NYT, but the premise is so silly that it's hard to read.
    Yep, but what the hell will nyt and the guardian do

Good piece in the financial Times this week on how ridiculous it is to call trump a dictator

This may help illustrate the depth of the derangement in the media:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1314650158978736128

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    to subsidize shipping costs for Amazon.
    I actually like this, as Amazon shares the reduced shipping cost with me and my storefront. A box that costs me $13 at the Post Office, only costs me $8.50 when purchased through Amazon :-)

Its just exhausting. I was really glad to find this forum.

starting strength coach development program
    It's not good enough anymore for them jail you for reeducation for your wrong-think. Now, you must be completely erased from history; you will have never existed.

Does anyone remember the names of the Chinese civilians who stood up to the tanks at TianAnMen?
    The Chinese don't even know it happened.

They have made their lists of political dissidents. Zhenhua data leak exposes China′s new ′hybrid warfare′ | Asia| An in-depth look at news from across the continent | DW | 29.09.2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Boggs View Post
    I actually like this, as Amazon shares the reduced shipping cost with me and my storefront. A box that costs me $13 at the Post Office, only costs me $8.50 when purchased through Amazon :-)
    As long you can avoid ever paying any taxes, you will get your price break.

...maybe you will also need to avoid using the environment, landfills and roadways for that subsidy to be a net gain.
    Hidden cameras and secret trackers reveal where Amazon returns end up | CBC News