starting strength gym
Page 705 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 20560565569570370470570670771575580512051705 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,050 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    An amazing post. Not a single factually correct statement in the whole goddamn thing, yet this passes for effectiveness in the Left. Say it, and it's suddenly true.
    Again, I’ll just point out that “y’all” has been replaced with “you guys” now.

I’m confused, you know him growing up in GA and all. I’m gonna tweet Meg Ryan to see what she thinks of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    The trouble is "leftists" is a catch all term for very different types of people, my observations of these people in my country.

The traditional working class leftist union type who want to improve working conditions, these are almost extinct as far as I can see. Most working class people in my country are now more conservative and certainly socially conservative. They are appalled by the desecration of our war memorials by these Marxist idiots.

The entitled intelligentsia. These people are the Guardian and NYT reading class. They are always looking for a new marginalised group to pretend to care about to show moral superiority. The truth is they are disgusted by the working class and the only people they hate more is anyone who is wealthier than them. Wealth redistribution always starts with others and they almost advocate a nasty kind of declinism of western civilisation, almost like they think we deserve to fail as societies.

Then you have the hardcore 'Marxist' types, usually those who have failed to make the most of the opportunities provided by their rich parents. They all call their music and clothing choices 'alternative' but it's like a uniform they all wear to say 'I don't care, I'm unemployable'. It's like an extended teenage rebellion, a phase for some, a lifetime curse for others.

All leftism is based around some kind of victimhood and they hate the idea of personal responsibility advocated by conservatives, usually because they haven't got their own house in order, and it's easier to blame someone than to clean their room.
    I believe that "progressive" would be a better name or maybe the "New Left".

WHO doctor says lockdowns should not be main coronavirus defence - ABC News

Haha! Bit late to the party on this one aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    October surprise ?

Benghazi Whistleblower explains what is Coming!

tldnr: They have recordings and documentation of everything on Benghazi. They just gave it all to EVERY media outlet and an unnamed Senator. He says it's treason and a massive cover-up.
    JSOC maintains Tier 1 and 2 assets to cover every AOR. Every COCOM maintains forces in readiness. CENTCOM, AFRICOM, PACOM and EUCOM usually have at least one MEU forward deployed within close distance of a CVN Battle Group. We have more force projected than most countries have in total. Every fucking U.S. Embassy operates under the assumption that the Marines, SOF and contractor assets who pull security are there as a speed bump that can hold the doors and walls until Marines, Airborne, Rangers and operators bring the hammer down with AF and Naval air superiority and CAS.

Fuck everyone in the Obama administration that let these men die the way they did. The Left has no idea the reckoning they have coming if they actually collapse law and order.

Polling has always been interesting to me. The premise of taking a small sample size and extrapolating it up to the general population seems mathematically sound, if and only if, you can bank on humans being robots who never lie, change their minds, or have a fondness for a little mischief.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    I believe that "progressive" would be a better name or maybe the "New Left".
    Good point

Kinda funny that after the posting of this declaration and the support that it has garnered in just about a week, the WHO decided to voice their opinion against lockdowns.
    Signatures - Great Barrington Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    No, you don't know. I, on the other hand, am perfectly capable of tracing the tweet back to the original poster and then googling and reading about it. I then use that information to decide how much I want to make fun of that crap. It sounds to me like you are less curious about why we do a thing and more lacking in logic and research skills. It's a prom in the Czech Republic, by the way. But any future context you need to learn to provide on your own- gotta grow up sometime. If you need help with that the Critical Thinking Co. puts out some excellent curriculum materials including a Red Herring series that's pretty easy to use.
    Let's focus on something that can be verified, allegedly. I said we don't know the context of the video. You said that you did research and it's from a prom in the Czech Republic. What's your source for that? Who told you that it's video of a prom in the Czech Republic?

WHO (Accidentally) Confirms Covid Is No More Dangerous than Flu - Global Research

The World Health Organization has finally confirmed what we (and many experts and studies) have been saying for months – the coronavirus is no more deadly or dangerous than seasonal flu.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by bendy-legs View Post
    The underpinning assumptions of postmodernism are nihilistic. They don't believe anything is real. So they honestly believe the ends justify the means, with a vengeance. This is the reason why they use ridiculous arguments, rhetoric, and misrepresentations that don't make sense. They don't believe anything is true. But ask them why they think the future created by lies and power plays would be a good place to live. They haven't thought that far ahead.
    This is a great example of what I'm talking about. bendy-legs says a lot about what "they" are like and how they are in the broadest terms, all the while never quoting anyone. If you had to quote an argument from a prominent leftist, I don't think you could say what you're saying.