starting strength gym
Page 709 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 20960965969970770870971071171975980912091709 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    So, you're a Democrat?
    He's one of the guys who rage quit the forum because they weren't finding common ground with the people here. Can't reactivate his old account, so a new persona has arrived. People are so weird, why would you harbor a grudge against a bunch of dudes on a forum? And the super long posts?

I like some of those policies and in a perfect world we could fulfill them. I do not like these statements though, "put cameras in Congress which show what’s going on in all parts of the chambers." "put cameras in the Supreme Court." I would advise you to look into the research done on people in front of cameras and people who are not. If you want our politicians to be only reality tv stars, then this would be a good idea, it is a horrible idea IMO. What I did get from your post is what I seem to conclude after talking with most on the left. Everything sounds great until I talk with another leftist who comes up with the same amount of items but with different solutions. This is the fundamental flaw I see with using legislation, government, or local authorities to "fix" problems, where do you stop? However, if you did come up with that list you have done better than Biden/Harris in explaining to the American people what they want to do.

So, basically masks work, unless they don’t. We should still wear them because they stop the infected from spreading the virus. Except in cases where they don’t.

I wonder if the guy at the airport stopping terrorism one >3 oz. bottle of liquid at a time has as much job satisfaction as a mask asshole?

There is nothing more aggravating than proud people taking their useless jobs seriously at the expense of others.

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Rowe View Post
    Available, now, to the public. For whatever good a signature on a petition does.

Great Barrington Declaration
    Matt Hancock is wrong about herd immunity - UnHerd

From Dr Gupta

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    This video from 2013 of Charles Strange (father of Seal Team 6 member, Michael Strange) will make this very real: SEAL Team SIX - Charles Strange - Extortion 17
    Never saw this before. Does raise an eyebrow.

... All I know is that they aren't coming back, and we have more pressing concerns. And they wouldn't want us worried about them instead of the task at hand.
    That's a bracing post, way beyond my experience.

I will offer that sometimes you need to go backward to go forward. Steps might need to be retraced to get out of a dead-end. There is the Steele dossier and what is fairly called "Russiagate" (which dwarfs Watergate)? The transition of power was not peaceful; unbloody, but not peaceful. It requires no interpretation to see that there was (is?) a sustained effort at a political coup. Is that now a thing of the past? Even some Republicans are saying so.

Tangential, but similar; is the old pre-covid normal a thing of the past?

"Task at hand" can include all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    ... Watching you type the same shit over and over is like watching a weird religious community intoning something.

I find the Rosary to be a simple meditation over a complex reality.

Give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    So, if I had my way I’d make these reforms:

A whole bunch of nonsense bullshit.
    What's really interesting about this list, and not how expansive and detailed it is as if it's kept in a file for message board bludgeoning purposes, but how seemingly contradictory essentially every single one is. That and how much an enormous growth of the state that'd be required to even enact just a minority of the points herein.

When all you have is a hammer, I guess.

starting strength coach development program
    I will say that the reality is not at all like you imagine. It's difficult to relate what it's like when those things that these men have done and still do is your every day job. When you do things people can't imagine 16-20 hours a day for months. I can't relate to you what it feels like to spend a few days breaking down all the equipment and vehicles and hopping a C-17 flight back stateside. You pop in and out of two worlds that couldn't be more different like changing hats. After a while... downrange feels more like home than iPhones and top songs on the radio. You see a little more in common with the Taliban fighter who's your mortal enemy than the average American who just wants to mash the dopamine button. You can't help but respect him more, too.

Now, two decades later, I both want the president to secure the mission and redeploy everyone home... and I can't let go of the fact that the names on my arm are there solely because they were men who chose a hard path. That their government and country don't deserve them. Just like Jake. Imagine if two 8 year administrations had done what needed to be done. If we had been set loose to annihilate our enemies and built more schools. How many classes could have graduated with some education and skills? If the Taliban were truly gone and Afghans could generate their own wealth?

I don't know if the SEALs were sold out. I don't know if OBL is dead. I don't know if any of this constitutes the facts... the ground truth of what happened. All I know is that they aren't coming back, and we have more pressing concerns. And they wouldn't want us worried about them instead of the task at hand.
    Having lived through 50-something years of perpetual war, I've heard this from enough veterans to understand it by now. My take-away as a civilian is why? Why are we even in these countries. Are they truly a threat to me? Do they even have a fucking Navy? Why aren't we here in our own fucked up country fixing our own schools? There are zones in the US that are more deadly than our war zones.

Imagine how we would feel if another global power invaded our country under the guise of freeing us from Antifa? It would be target shooting time....exactly like it is in <pick the US's latest nation building project>. I hate that smart, brave guys like you were deployed on such missions MY WHOLE LIFE.

This is the part I don't agree with:
    All I know is that they aren't coming back, and we have more pressing concerns. And they wouldn't want us worried about them instead of the task at hand.
    It reminds me of Hillary's famous "At this point, what difference does it make". No David, we can't move forward until these injustices are addressed.

We must have justice for Benghazi, Extortion 17, Fast & Furious, FISA abuses, etc ad nauseum because the perpetrators are the same people who are behind our more pressing concerns you reference. It's always the same compromised, weak, evil, fucked-up, mirror-world living, backward dancing people in positions of leadership/power.

But mostly, David....the civilians I have to deal with every day...the "Patricks"...they need to understand the above. Otherwise, we cannot move forward as a society. So, I see our history as the key to bringing us back together. And, I see justice as the only mechanism to prevent this shit from ever happening again.