starting strength gym
Page 715 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 21561566570571371471571671772576581512151715 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    The video is 47 minutes long. Is there anything specifically you'd like me to notice or comment on?
    Patrick, what are you trying to achieve with these copy paste opinions you keep sharing?

An amazing thing has happened over the last two days: more concrete evidence (surpassing even the video of him admitting it) has surfaced that the then-Vice President of the United States -- the current democrat candidate for the Presidency -- used his office for the personal enrichment of his family and himself, and the major social media platforms have censored all links to the story in the New York Post, the nation's 4th largest newspaper, detailing the evidence. They have pulled down the President's Press Secretary's Twitter account for linking to the story, and they pulled down the President's campaign account page.

In addition, the FBI has been in possession of the evidence since December 2019 and has remained silent on the matter.

Coupled with the previous administration's efforts to undermine the Trump campaign in 2016 and their efforts to sabotage his administration before he took office, this is without doubt the biggest political scandal in the history of the country. Happening as we type, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    this is without doubt the biggest political scandal in the history of the country. Happening as we type, right now.
    ...and not a single fucking thing will happen in response.

An amazing thing has happened over the last two days: more concrete evidence (surpassing even the video of him admitting it) has surfaced that the then-Vice President of the United States -- the current democrat candidate for the Presidency -- used his office for the personal enrichment of his family and himself, and the major social media platforms have censored all links to the story in the New York Post, the nation's 4th largest newspaper, detailing the evidence. They have pulled down the President's Press Secretary's Twitter account for linking to the story, and they pulled down the President's campaign account page.

In addition, the FBI has been in possession of the evidence since December 2019 and has remained silent on the matter.

Coupled with the previous administration's efforts to undermine the Trump campaign in 2016 and their efforts to sabotage his administration before he took office, this is without doubt the biggest political scandal in the history of the country. Happening as we type, right now.
    What's most egregious to me is the censorship attempts and the weak ass reasons given for it. It's utterly insulting and infuriating. I allowed myself to get completely sidetracked yesterday from applying for jobs because the news of the social media censorship just pissed me off that much and I couldn't stop reading up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Abraham View Post
    The video is 47 minutes long. Is there anything specifically you'd like me to notice or comment on?
    Patrick, as far as political ideology goes, I'm far more closely aligned with you than are the vast majority of posters here. I am Canadian after all I just finished watching all 47 minutes of it, and it's excellent. It's a great takedown of the COVID response that steers clear of all the fringe conspiracy shit.

TL;DR: The entire world freaked out about the virus, and reacted to the advice of the "experts" who may have piles of experience in their particular field, but aren't equipped to consider the whole picture. Now, we're living in a world of media induced mass hysteria, which is making reversing course extremely difficult.

I'm not at all familiar with Tom Woods, and suspect I'd disagree with him on a whole bunch of other topics, but I'd say he knocked it out of the park here.

It's worth 47 minutes of your time.

London is now banning people from meeting anyone outside their households. Paris is shutting down again. Germany says they’re on the brink of “another huge wave.”

I’m being told I should be alarmed by the inevitable “second wave” and many doctors are recommending that we reinstate many of the same shutdown measures.

This is absolutely fucking asinine. Fool me once...

Maybe Patrick will watch the Tom Woods video. I suggest doing so, if he wants to post again.
    The video’s 47 minutes long so there’s a lot of things to comment on, but what kept coming to me as I watched it is that people resisting mask wearing and lockdowns have a credibility problem. First, I do not trust politicians or doctors when it comes to political decisions in regards to the coronavirus. With very few exceptions, politicians are shit and most professionals in all fields trade on the public’s gullibility to gain undeserved prestige and authority. I agree with many of the points Tom Woods makes about politicians and government officials like Fauci deceiving people and not being the right people to listen to. And I think you guys have a big problem in that the public doesn’t perceive you as more credible than they are. Again, I don't trust or like the Democratic Party, doctors posing as public policy experts, or the vast majority of media outlets.

Who is the biggest representative of the anti-mask and anti-lockdown efforts? For most people it's Donald Trump and the Republican Party. Even if they’ve instituted lockdowns and worn masks themselves, to most Americans they’re the biggest symbols of resistance to government mandates.

To state the obvious, we live in a very polarized country. Tens of millions of people reflexively oppose whatever Trump supports. And tens of millions of right-wingers reflexively oppose Democrats and leftist movements like BLM (I was just called a Marxist for what? Advocating a higher minimum wage?).

I hope we can be honest about what Donald Trump is. He started a fake university to scam people; he stiffs independent contractors; he’s changed his position on most political issues; he’s almost surely sexually assaulted women; he watches cable news for hours a day; he pretends to be a Christian; he lies about how much money he has; etc. He’s a conman, and when faced with a choice between believing doctors or Trump (or Trump’s supporters), most people will believe doctors. Maybe that’s tragic or infuriating, but y’all have chosen a shitty representative, and I think you’re paying the price for it. 

People like Woods aren’t much better either. At the beginning of his talk, Woods says “If you’re going to evaluate an economic policy, it’s not enough to evaluate the short term consequences for one earmarked group. Any blockhead can do that. If you want to know the real consequences, you look at the long-term consequences on everybody,” (his emphasis). Woods says this as a moral principle to motivate people to oppose government mandates. 

The problem is libertarians and right-wingers don’t use that principle to evaluate most economic policies. I’ve lurked on this board for a while, and I’ve seen Rip several times say that if Americans don’t have enough to eat or can’t find a job with a living wage it’s their own fault and they should have made better choices. If you want people to support you based on a principle, you have to follow that principle a reasonable amount of the time. You can’t trash the principle for 40 years and then claim to be its biggest proponent the one time it’s convenient for you.

On top of that you accuse conservative Democrats of being Marxists and most of the public will not buy into that. I don’t know if you guys believe it even. But I know if you share that hyperbole and hysteria with most people they’ll tune you out. So my opinion is that you guys may be right on a lot of the facts and your analysis of COVID may be great, but you’ve shot yourselves in the foot because you’re unprincipled and you’ve chosen con-men for representatives.

And as I go to post this, I see this from Rip:

An amazing thing has happened over the last two days: more concrete evidence (surpassing even the video of him admitting it) has surfaced that the then-Vice President of the United States -- the current democrat candidate for the Presidency -- used his office for the personal enrichment of his family and himself, and the major social media platforms have censored all links to the story in the New York Post, the nation's 4th largest newspaper, detailing the evidence. . . . this is without doubt the biggest political scandal in the history of the country. Happening as we type, right now.

Most people see this and think “Well, Trump’s also used his office to enrich himself and his family.” (See the article below.) You’re going to blame them, though, for being unprincipled hypocrites. If you want people to stand up for a principle with you, you have to follow it most of the time. I hope I’m reminding you grown men of something and not teaching you about it.

Donald Trump has turned the White House into a bribe factory

The Science of The Virus says: COVID-19 Pandemic Planning Scenarios | CDC
    Not me. “They” are damned by their own words. But actually they’ll be ok.

No one has been able to post on Twitter for over an hour now. When #CrookedJoeBiden was the number one trending.

I'm sure it's just "coincidence."

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...50501586219013

The show has obtained new Hunter Biden emails that expose corruption. You will not want to miss tonight’s report. Tune in at 8pm EST on #FoxNews
    And the FCC weighs in on censorship:
    https://twitter.com/AjitPaiFCC/statu...08733805236226
    I intend to move forward with an @FCC rulemaking to clarify the meaning of #Section230.

Read my full statement below.

starting strength coach development program
    Twitter is down.

Watch the video @ 2x speed. Will take you 20 minutes. You'll learn something....