starting strength gym
Page 72 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374821221725721072 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You are shamefully dense.
    As you say. It is your thread, your forum, your webpage. I am out.

Thank you for making me strong. I still respect you as a coach I will still do the SS NLP rerun once the gym reopens.

PS: This message is for you. I don't expect it to be posted in the thread.

You have ignored everything we have posted about the CFR and infection rate. And you are handing your liberty to bureaucrats because you are afraid. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    politics is pure demographics, only I'm gonna draw different conclusions. Progressives have been raving about the income gap between the 1 and the 99 percent, which is a true statistical fact, but both they and their liberal friends as well as their conservative and libertarian counterparts (excuse the possible wrong divisions in political orientation, it's hard to talk to Americans with all of your bespoke metrics) have forgotten a much more significant problem - income gap by age. You can look this up, it's really well documented and has been steadily rising for a century now all lover the West, having had reached catastrophic proportions just before Shiva put on a microscopic crown and made his way to a Wuhan wet market. The practical consequence of this simple economic fact is that any kind of real policy, regardless of the professed political orientation is bound to be skewed towards maintaining a status quo established at a time when medical advances enabled people to live longer. Nobody is to blame for this really, it is a simple fact of the laws of the market - no leader is going to take steps to alienate their prime voter demographic. This has led all Western countries to impose a wide variety of Ponzi scheme tricks in order to keep funding the promises they made to their prime voter demographic, putting all of their trust in another market law, the fact that the demand and supply cycle is going to go on forever. This was also a very sensible assumption, we had never ever seen this cycle stop, but we didn't count on Shiva, did we? How the fuck do you fund anything now?
    I think you have gotten it mostly right. My issue was that gradual changes in the voting systems of western countries beginning about a century ago (in a couple of cases, 150 years ago) have moved us away from being constitutional republics and towards being an all-inclusive mob rule democracies. In my view, what we now are experiencing is the inevitable result.

The demographics of the voters were changed, protections against mob tyranny were eroded, the bureaucracy ever expanded and the system of checks and balances was shattered.

The solution for Rome, which experienced similar internal destabilizing forces was in its most simple phrasing... collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by PuliMorgan View Post
    We shall think about livelihood once this is done.
    No, I think I will keep trying to live right now.

From local news, “ The City of South Lake Tahoe issued an emergency order Friday, giving the City power to issue administrative citations for people violating the California Governor’s ‘stay at home’ order. The order allows a fine of $1,000 per day and each day of a violation could constitute a separate offense.“

The terrifying part is that anyone who questions moves like this at all; even reasonably, are immediately shouted down by a hysterical mob of commenters. We have news reports of people calling 911 to report businesses because they are trying to find ways to keep operating.

The stats are about to get even less reliable. With nearly 100k cases in the US the amount of daily tests wont be able to keep up with the modelled growth very soon. Think what that means for decision making....

Absolutely. With the growth models we know are accurate, the number of people dead from COVID19 will soon exceed the number of people infected with COVID19.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Large swaths of occupants of US soil are failing this test.
    And the rest are voicing strong opinions on the matter all over BB boards, podcasts and online collaboration websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    I think you have gotten it mostly right. My issue was that gradual changes in the voting systems of western countries beginning about a century ago (in a couple of cases, 150 years ago) have moved us away from being constitutional republics and towards being an all-inclusive mob rule democracies. In my view, what we now are experiencing is the inevitable result.

The demographics of the voters were changed, protections against mob tyranny were eroded, the bureaucracy ever expanded and the system of checks and balances was shattered.

The solution for Rome, which experienced similar internal destabilizing forces was in its most simple phrasing... collapse.
    I'll take Mr Marx's side on this one, the changes in voting laws were a direct result of the aforementioned market forces, not the other way around. This is if you think of markets as being the sum total of human economic activity, leaving out all the bullshit about capital and class struggle. Mercantilism was the name of the game long before even old kingdoms were starting to fall apart to later on give way to constitutional republics, and it has essentially continued unabated up until December 31 2019.

But yeah, I'm completely with you that what we are seeing now is a repeat of the Roman collapse, but farcical (see what I did there?), since we can now, among many other things, follow the opinions of the mob in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    We have news reports of people calling 911 to report businesses because they are trying to find ways to keep operating.
    These comrades will receive medals of commendation. If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Another week, another excess mortality data set from the EU
    EURO MOMO

EU excess mortality is still below normal, as is UK excess mortality.

Italy excess mortality is only slightly above normal. Unless Italy has made it common practice to wait a month before reporting its deaths, we should be seeing a substantially higher than normal excess mortality figure.

starting strength coach development program
    The order allows a fine of $1,000 per day and each day of a violation could constitute a separate offense.
    Once the hospitals slow down the courts will become very busy...