starting strength gym
Page 728 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 22862867871872672772872973073877882812281728 ... LastLast
Results 7,271 to 7,280 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    No second wave, starts at 3:55. And this is terribly interesting:

Are sick patients being misdiagnosed with Covid? — Flu cases suddenly drop 95%… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

This is so fucked that it's hard to describe it. These people are willing to do anything to hang on to this charade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    How?
    There are small steps that individuals are capable of and there are large steps which may be difficult to achieve. Each will work in a different way:

On the individual level, it reminds me of a story of a man getting pulled over by a cop for speeding. After speaking with the man, the cop let him off with a warning and told him he was not concerned about him as an individual speeding; he was concerned about the psychological effect it would have on the other 1,000 drivers who saw him speeding. One person going 10mph over the speed limit will initiate a chain reaction that may cause 100 over drivers to speed 10mph over the speed limit and 1 to drive 15mph over, even when they would have obeyed the speed limit had they not seen another individual exceed it.

The same effect can be seen with people who are wearing masks. If one person in the large grocery store pulls down their mask after entering and does so unafraid, unemotional, with quiet confidence or just with an excuse, like talking on a cell phone, 10-20 more will see him and decide to do the same.
    If the store manager asks you to put on a mask, you calmly say "oops", put on your mask, then again stop wearing the mask when nobody is there to enforce it. When somebody with no official authority to enforce ordinances gets mad or makes a comment, you just shrug and walk on without saying a thing.

On the individual level, simple, small, largely passive steps are all that is needed: asking the questions you are told you can't or shouldn't ask (even if it is anonymously on in a forum like Q Anon) or simply getting very good at saying "no" when you disagree are surprisingly effective steps that tend to snowball across a population.
    There is a reason communist regimes have traditionally made it a top priority to control the narrative, censor the truth, force compliance and rewrite history.

At a higher level there are several important steps that would be helpful:

Our equivalent of these "critical race theory" training programs would be "critical analysis and skeptical thinking" training programs, the goal of which is simple: get people in the habit of asking "What is the truth? Am I being lied to? How do I know?". If these could be implemented as common or required training programs in schools or companies, the effect would be tremendous.

The broad tech censorship needs to be called out and circumvented. The powers that be are tightly grasping at total control, but for every Rogan they buy and censor or 8chan they shut down, a new Discord or Twitch will pop up. The effect of the Q Anon movement has been huge, even though its original site was destroyed, because it could not be censored.

Judicial and legal freedom: If the legal system has the power to apply the law unevenly and selectively or as a cudgel to silence certain groups of people, compliance can be forced; It will be too risky to be a skeptic. We all remember the Lois Lerner IRS scandal, we have all seen the potential legal ramifications of facing an "accusation" (Kavanaugh comes to mind). The FBI has even justified attempted entrapment of individuals because they "were excessively concerned with individual freedoms." Freedom from irrational regulation and punitive political attack is a necessary precondition.

Has WMD/Iraq invasion been compared to Covid-19 ? Particularly in terms of blind faith in experts, high levels of political bias, and the magnitude of the mistakes?

Not the same for sure but maybe not as new as we think.

Scott Atlas: I'm disgusted and dismayed - The Post
    I wish Scott Atlas could have influence in the policy making of my country.

Coach, I read today that Boris Johnson of the UK told Manchester that if they didn't accept a stimulus deal that he saw as appropriate, they would be put into a more restrictive lockdown than if they did accept.

I am just wondering if any of the Brits on the board would give us their perspective on this. Just wondering where you're at.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    No second wave, starts at 3:55. And this is terribly interesting:

Are sick patients being misdiagnosed with Covid? — Flu cases suddenly drop 95%… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

This is so fucked that it's hard to describe it. These people are willing to do anything to hang on to this charade.
    I posted this many pages ago in the thread, but figured I should bring it back up again. 2019-2020 seasonal flu deaths, straight from the CDC website:

The number of hospitalizations estimated so far this season is lower than end-of-season total hospitalization estimates for any season since CDC began making these estimates.

2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary In-Season Burden Estimates | CDC

Quote Originally Posted by DanaWhicker View Post
    Coach, I read today that Boris Johnson of the UK told Manchester that if they didn't accept a stimulus deal that he saw as appropriate, they would be put into a more restrictive lockdown than if they did accept.

I am just wondering if any of the Brits on the board would give us their perspective on this. Just wondering where you're at.
    Its a bit more complicated unfortunately. The left have been demanding a national lockdown but the leftist mayor in Manchester thought it was unfair that only the North was being asked to lock down in this way for now, in spite of the 'data' . This is all about politics and the left trying to find division to encourage North vs South tribalism to try and reattract their working class base. Boris has failed on comms.

starting strength coach development program
    I think it all comes down to being comfortable. Every single human being likes that -- it's built into our lizard brain. No one wants to leave the rock they're unde... even for better things. Because leaving your rock exposes you to risk and danger.

Some people have learned, though, that leaving the rock is the best thing. That discomfort is good for you. That some pain and suffering is inevitable, and there's even good pain. Hell, sometimes bad pain is worth the trade. These people gravitate to the military, lifting heavy things, or even risky independent business ventures. I'm sure there are other sects and occupations that follow suit. I'm just speaking from my experience.

Nowhere has this been more starkly evident than federal civil service. The veterans who continued to serve as civilians have had an entirely different approach to this year than the career civilians. They go into work even without permission. They comply with masks as minimally as possible, and usually so little they are in violation. The career civilians telework almost exclusively. They wear masks religiously, and every flat surface in the cubicles is plastered with info and mandates and "reminders." The logistics bays and smoke decks? Not so much.

So how do you fix America? The opposite of decadence and dependence. You make them all uncomfortable and remind them of what freedom is. The corruption of DC and the infection of neo-Marxism is doing a fantastic job of stepping down on the rock, but we'll see if it's enough on Nov. 4th.

Which is the date of my resignation. Either way it goes... I'm leaving the rock.