starting strength gym
Page 745 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 24564569573574374474574674775579584512451745 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,450 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This reminds me of when uncle had a stroke and then proceeded to tell his family he had been having an affair for the last 7 years.

https://twitter.com/KelemenCari/stat...435516417?s=19

Interesting, if true. Hope some other 'mainstream' folks can verify if this is true or not.

Most us would know it was a reference to the protection program for voters. Are you really sure you want this guy running the US? You know what will happen if he does get in? Kamala will be your next madam president. The real Manchurian candidate. It is so obvious even to us dumb Aussies.

You can still see it here.

Biden appears to confuse Trump with Bush in latest campaign gaffe - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    Anus, or arse for the whilst crowd.

I am right there with you on the "cure" is worse than the disease (fuck you Team Apocalypse). I was just pointing out your flawed math assumptions by providing some of my own...

I will say this though: My wife is an RN with many RN friends, several in Denver, who have been at the "front lines" (lord help us), and are seeing first hand what is actually going on. And they will be the first to tell you this is well beyond even the worst flu seasons they have seen in their nearly 20 year careers. As they say (and I paraphrase here), "when was the last time you had an entire unit full of patients with the same diagnosis" ie, positive SARS-COV-2 infection and associated respiratory distress? Sorry Team Denial, but you're just as ignorant as Team Apocalypse...

And whilst (lol) some parts of the country are out of the woods (looking at you NYC) others, like WY and UT for example, are seeing a significant increase in hospitalizations (select state of interest from drop-down in upper right. I suggest looking at each of the states for the most complete picture):

Key Metrics by State | The COVID Tracking Project

Here in good ol' Sweetwater County we are actually kinda screwed at the moment, because we are a rural hospital; critical cases get shipped to the U of U (University of Utah). Thing is, they are full (as well as Casper and Cheyenne), so no place to ship right now. Five to six patients in our unit will overwhelm the hospital, then it's triage time.

And since the dipshits in charge implemented such harsh measures when they weren't necessary, now that "flatten the curve" could actually be beneficial here, everybody is fed up and getting their superspreader mob on!
    It is quite clear from the data that COVID will run through populations with a given death count, which will then flatten out long before the March models had predicted. You could conceivably stop it by having the entire world population locked at home for ever, but then you would get large quantities of other problems. This is hardly team denial, it’s just the facts, evidenced by the whole world. The rest is just election campaigns, healthcare profiteering, media frenzy, totalitarian wet dreams and people not wanting to admit to themselves how wrong they were.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    I believe 220,000+ people have died from this disease in this country, and many more will die over the coming months. I don’t believe there have been intentional and conspiratorial efforts to overestimate the death toll at either the local or national level.
    This is where you have to start. Just focus on this if you can.

DR. BIRX: "Right now, we’re still recording it, and we’ll — I mean, the great thing about having forms that come in and a form that has the ability to mark it as COVID-19 infection — the intent is, right now, that those — if someone dies with COVID-19, we are counting that as a COVID-19 death."

Documented here: Access Denied

The video of this press conference is available. Links to her saying this are widely available.

The CDC data supports what Dr. Birx says they were going to do, conclusively. Rip has linked to it several times in this thread.

If something is on video and archived so thoroughly, then who's the denier?

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    https://twitter.com/KelemenCari/stat...435516417?s=19

Interesting, if true. Hope some other 'mainstream' folks can verify if this is true or not.
    https://twitter.com/Destiny3650/stat...513635333?s=09

https://twitter.com/JeffSpartyjeff/s...707447296?s=19

Nothing more to say!

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    Stef, I'm not complaining about the resistance, such as it is. I'm merely sharing my observations about the changes in this board over the past 10 years. If you think that this is as interesting and diverse as a place as it was 6 or 8 years ago, with people like tertius and spar and aurelius and the like, then more power to you. Spare me the melodramatic bullshit, though, ok?
    Oh poor dear, are you feeling lonesome tonight?

Like you, I remember all of those people you mentioned above. You seem to imply that all of them did not get the same rigorous treatment you are pissing and moaning about. Or is a challenge to your irrefutable logic not inclusive enough?

I miss tertius. Hopefully his stay in Seattle did not convert him wholesale to the take over of the police precinct there. His arguments were well thought out and effectively delivered, even if underpinned by a strongly leftist bias. To be fair, he was not in complete lockstep with all of the dem platform though.

Spar departed for reasons unknown, although it did seem to coincide with some less than supportive commentary about gay marriage.

Same with aurelius, gone without comment. Although it did coincide with the attempted takeover of several sub-forums here by The Departed who made an exodus of their own. In fairness to aurelius, he had no part in the bad posts and behavior so common back then.

They were not banned or booted out of here. They elected to self isolate, as it were.

You need to grow a pair if you don't like criticism here. I've been called a fucking psychopath and such more than once here. I guess I'm deemed something of a crypto Nazi (as Gore Vidal called William F. Buckley) for supporting some aspects of LE use of force. But then I'm even older than you and evidently of a less sensitive nature.

Except that 810,000 are not dead, nowhere close to that even if you believe the bullshit number of 220,000, and the death rate peaked in April and has tailed off to background numbers. There is no evidence of a significant spike in the death rate from COVID, no mechanism by which such a thing could happen, no significant excess mortality this year as compared to bad seasonal flu throughout recent history, nothing even remotely comparable to the actual population-changing pandemics in world history, and the goddamn thing is already over. The only thing that remains is The Mask, an apt metaphor for the behavior of the general public in 2020.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1282792638513635333

https://twitter.com/KelemenCari/stat...516417/photo/1

You guys have GOT to get your heads out of your asses. How many times do we have to post this information for it to sink in?

California and New York:

Uber and Lyft: California Appeals Court Ruling Could Kill Rideshare Industry in State | National Review

California doesn't need ride sharing. Too convenient and too much unnecessary freedom. And these drivers are actually making a living without paying their bribes to a union -- we can't have that!

NYC 'Jews for Trump' Caravan Attacked With Rocks and Pepper Spray, Flags Ripped Up

New York doesn't need Jewish people. They pay far too many taxes to these criminals, and contribute far too much to the fucked up culture of the area. I admit it was foolish to have a Trump rally in NYC, and in fact anything you do in your car in NYC that doesn't involve moving to a better place to live is foolish in 2020.

starting strength coach development program
    "Learn your fucking place!" Wonder what he meant by that one.