COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 748

starting strength gym
Page 748 of 868 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748749750758798848 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,480 of 8673

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #7471
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    297

    Default

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    I would darken ya'lls door at least one last time, for the sake of owning up to my lack of perspective. Sometimes, you've just got to tip your cap.



    Why is it sickening to provide basic dignities for people who were born without the ability to make their way in the world? Why is taxing the wealthy to provide food and housing for folks born with, say, an 85 IQ such a repulsive idea for you?

    Ah, nevermind. You've been a very Enlightened, Tolerant moderator these past few weeks... I suppose I owe you good old boys a reprieve.

    ....but like that most renowned socialist of western cinema (Frosty the Snowman) I'll be back one day, shortly after the first pale, limpid snow of winter has blanketed the North Texas ground--unbowed, unbent, unbroken... and spreading my shrill, coruscating brand of SOCIALISM to all four corners of the earth...
    I know it's cliché, but America's Uber drivers are more than welcome to move to China, Venezuela, or any number of modern-day socialist paradises if they'd like to have their basic dignities provided for them.

  2. #7472
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    1,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Actually, the average Uber driver makes about 30,000 a year gross, according to indeed.com. (I'm being VERY generous by granting you this number, those of us who have actually had to pay bills while working for the company know that it is much less)* People who make less than $47,000 a year gross in California need government assistance just to eke out a desperate, precarious subsistence, so it is not accurate to say that they were "making a living".

    The working people of this country are not interested in your facetiously labelled "freedom" to make five dollars an hour, Rip; if they were, they would have just voted for Clinton. Instead, they voted for Trump, because they saw in him a way to countervail the vicious assault that the democrat party has been unleashing on them since her husband's administration. After Trump betrayed them, they abandoned him in droves, setting up what appears to be a historic drubbing on November 3rd. In the minutes and hours after the outcome of the contest is confirmed, men like you will come to earnestly believe that America has misjudged you.

    Did you misjudge America?

    *1 The Uber/Lyft Ballot Initiative Guarantees only $5.64 an Hour - UC Berkeley Labor Center

    *2 Low-Income Health Insurance in California | Health for California
    Tons of "ride share drivers" simply have the driver ap installed and range from 80+ hours a week to weekend warriors to once a month to only giving a few rides a year, thus driving the average income down. Ride sharing was never intended to be a career choice, rather a supplemental income. For example, I Uber my resort town in the summers on the weekend for $50+/hr. I personally know full time drivers in CA that make well over six figures. No intelligent person utilizing ride share wants to be labeled as an employee. The independent contractor status is what makes it appealing to most. Taking that away would wipe out the vast majority of drivers and kill the industry anyway.

  3. #7473
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    This is scary shit! I can't believe people fall for this type of dangerous propaganda.

    Welcome To 2030: I Own Nothing, Have No Privacy And Life Has Never Been Better
    https://twitter.com/kylamb8/status/1...327846914?s=20
    I saw that after I posted the one from California. It really reminds me of Demolition Man's Raymond Cocteau-style world. They can have that shit. You'll find me underground with Edgar Friendly's crowd. I ain't using the three seashells either.

  4. #7474
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    I was merely lamenting the change in culture around here over the last decade, and not for the better, in my opinion
    SF and NYC are hollowing out at historic rates, much like the economy in general. American social media platforms are engaging in unprecedented censorship as they invite government antitrust action. But what really upsets BMueller: startingstrength.com no longer brims with rehashed discussions about velocity training, RPE, etc.

  5. #7475
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haghstull View Post
    Why is it sickening to provide basic dignities for people who were born without the ability to make their way in the world? Why is taxing the wealthy to provide food and housing for folks born with, say, an 85 IQ such a repulsive idea for you?
    Ah, nevermind. You've been a very Enlightened, Tolerant moderator these past few weeks... I suppose I owe you good old boys a reprieve.
    ....but like that most renowned socialist of western cinema (Frosty the Snowman) I'll be back one day, shortly after the first pale, limpid snow of winter has blanketed the North Texas ground--unbowed, unbent, unbroken... and spreading my shrill, coruscating brand of SOCIALISM to all four corners of the earth...

    Because, why the fuck would I ever use my intellect and work ethic to build anything when the reward is redistributed to an 85IQ commie beggar?

    I will not be stolen from.

  6. #7476
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abduality View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted here before: https://twitter.com/henrik_ullum/sta...57496720785410

    DANMASK-19 (referenced above) is the only randomized-controlled trial for testing the efficacy of surgical masks in preventing COVID-19 in non-healthcare settings.

    The study has been finished for months now, but journals refuse to publish the results: https://twitter.com/alexberenson/sta...75526997102594

    "Listen to the scientists!", they said. What a complete joke.
    ResearchGate's excuse for censoring our paper on hazards of #masks.

    Apparently, the public must be protected from the data contained in the several dozen peer-reviewed studies that we cited, as well as our summary and conclusions from them.

    https://twitter.com/ColleenHuberNMD/...587641344?s=19

    The below link appears to be the actual study.
    PDMJ
    Last edited by gilead; 10-27-2020 at 12:32 AM.

  7. #7477
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    43,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agilic View Post
    Tons of "ride share drivers" simply have the driver ap installed and range from 80+ hours a week to weekend warriors to once a month to only giving a few rides a year, thus driving the average income down. Ride sharing was never intended to be a career choice, rather a supplemental income. For example, I Uber my resort town in the summers on the weekend for $50+/hr. I personally know full time drivers in CA that make well over six figures. No intelligent person utilizing ride share wants to be labeled as an employee. The independent contractor status is what makes it appealing to most. Taking that away would wipe out the vast majority of drivers and kill the industry anyway.
    But actually, the average Uber driver makes about 30,000 a year gross, according to indeed.com. Now that I've explained it to you, you agree that Uber and Lyft should be eliminated in California, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    ResearchGate's excuse for censoring our paper on hazards of #masks.

    Apparently, the public must be protected from the data contained in the several dozen peer-reviewed studies that we cited, as well as our summary and conclusions from them.

    https://twitter.com/ColleenHuberNMD/...587641344?s=19

    The below link appears to be the actual study.
    pdmj.org
    I will be talking to Briggs on the podcast very soon about this very thing. Stay tuned...

  8. #7478
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    ResearchGate's excuse for censoring our paper on hazards of #masks.

    Apparently, the public must be protected from the data contained in the several dozen peer-reviewed studies that we cited, as well as our summary and conclusions from them.

    https://twitter.com/ColleenHuberNMD/...587641344?s=19

    The below link appears to be the actual study.
    pdmj.org
    Wow. apparently mask wearing makes you far more likely to have pneumonia as a result of non-expelled bacteria accumulating in the lungs.

    Conclusion
    Masks have been shown consistently over time and throughout the world to have no significant preventative impact against any known pathogenic microbes. Specifically, regarding COVID-19, we have shown in this paper that mask use is not correlated with lower death rates nor with lower positive PCR tests.
    Masks have also been demonstrated historically to contribute to increased infections within the respiratory tract. We have examined the common occurrence of oral and nasal pathogens accessing deeper tissues and blood, and potential consequences of such events. We have demonstrated from the clinical and historical data cited herein, we conclude the use of face masks will contribute to far more morbidity and mortality than has occurred due to COVID-19.
    I just knew this breathing your own exhaust all say shit couldn’t be good for you.

  9. #7479
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Because, why the fuck would I ever use my intellect and work ethic to build anything when the reward is redistributed to an 85IQ commie beggar?

    I will not be stolen from.
    These people are more than welcome to donate their own money to whoever they want, but they want to volunteer you to be stripped of your belongings at government gunpoint to donate instead.

  10. #7480
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    62

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Agilic View Post
    Tons of "ride share drivers" simply have the driver ap installed and range from 80+ hours a week to weekend warriors to once a month to only giving a few rides a year, thus driving the average income down. Ride sharing was never intended to be a career choice, rather a supplemental income. For example, I Uber my resort town in the summers on the weekend for $50+/hr. I personally know full time drivers in CA that make well over six figures. No intelligent person utilizing ride share wants to be labeled as an employee. The independent contractor status is what makes it appealing to most. Taking that away would wipe out the vast majority of drivers and kill the industry anyway.
    Look at the linked study. None of the things you point out here run counter to its conclusions. Also, the fact that many people work only the best hours doesn't drive the average wage down. It drives it up. Artificially.

    I don't know why you are saying that ridesharing was "never intended to be a career choice", because this goes against claims that Uber itself has made on many occasions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Because, why the fuck would I ever use my intellect and work ethic to build anything when the reward is redistributed to an 85IQ commie beggar?

    I will not be stolen from.
    Don't worry, Yngvi; you'll still be rewarded for that towering intellect of yours But instead of owning four houses while other people sleep in the gutter, you just are going to have to settle for three houses while other people can afford to rent couple of decent rooms and a bath. You'll get used to it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •