starting strength gym
Page 754 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 25465470474475275375475575676480485412541754 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,540 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We'll see. We happened to be vacationing in Orange County when LA county banned trick-or-treating. An idea so stupid that even the LA county sheriff refused to enforce it--so it was reversed.

LA County reverses trick-or-treating ban to ‘not recommended’

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Rott View Post
    Lol. Yes. I had a pretty straightforward run since June, Texas Method was knocking at my door asking for a transition. All gone, all the effort: worth noting. We all put sweat and massive willpower in our training, and our government tells us: we don't care. This hits me really hard, my mental health depends to a large amount on my ability to train with weights. They don't care.
    And that's just me and my effort and my mental and physical health.
    I agree with everything you wrote but highlight this above....(you can read about my situation in my log here under competitive). Ultimately our situations are the same thing. It’s bad enough that our friends and families tell us that lifting heavy weight is dangerous . It’s a stupid hobby, or vain passion, it’s bad, it’s reckless, unnessassay, it’s ignorant.....but the worst is, we are not willing to make personal sacrifice for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Rott View Post
    Lol. Yes. I had a pretty straightforward run since June, Texas Method was knocking at my door asking for a transition. All gone, all the effort: worth noting. We all put sweat and massive willpower in our training, and our government tells us: we don't care. This hits me really hard, my mental health depends to a large amount on my ability to train with weights. They don't care.
    And that's just me and my effort and my mental and physical health. The people in the hotel, restaurant and bar businesses are completely fucked. They put so much effort in hygiene concepts the government told them to implement. This was expensive, this was hard, but they did it to get their business running, to feed people, to employ people who have to feed their family. There was not one single measured outbreak in hotels, restaurants or bars according to the data, the government told the owners that if they run the hygiene concepts that they could stay open, that their effort is worth something. It was not. All gone. They lied as they always do.
    Merkel says the new situation will last for 30 days. First: I don't believe that, second: many business will not survive. They already are at their financial limits, they did what they could and what they were told, they can't survive 30 ore more days longer with nearly no income. This is criminal, it's against the existing law. We had a "no shelter" policy for hotels, one of our courts said that this is illegal, the policy had to be cancelled, and yesterday they did it it again: Hotels, NO SHELTER. WTF.
    And yet, many many people here advocate the new restrictions, they follow them with passion. Critical thinking doesn't exist anymore, debating became impossible. I'm a tinfoil hat wearing nazi, a childblood drinking Qanon, just because I'm telling the people that this is going too far, that we can't tolerate it, that it's wrong. A rational look at the data and the studies tells you that it's wrong, and they ignore rational thinking. We are fucked by politicians in panicmode.
    And the media, don't forget them. This same degenerate media that been calling for this for months is now turning to criticizing the German government for doing what they have been advocating all this time. Dunno, I kinda got a bit worried about Germany when I read a line this summer in die Zeit, or Die Welt, or one of those communist party message boards saying that events this summer has shown how wise the twenty year tight fiscal policies have proven right, because now the government has a lot of money in the cash register to handle repercussions. Now they're saying don't worry, the service sector is so small compared to the rest of the economy, the nanny state will reimburse them with no questions asked. Why so many people are so dead set against bars and restaurants is one of the weirdest things I have seen all year. Probably because nobody is asking them to go out for a drink. I'm with you in spirit brother, hang tight for a while, don't make the mistake of getting into arguments with the flour people, there is just no reasoning with them.

I live in Oceanside NY, Nassau County. In the summer of 2019 my neighbor's 40yo son was shot and killed by the police in house. This was after his father called 911 and said the son was threatening him with a sword. When the police went into the house he swung the sword at them and was killed in the living room. I had no desire to go to the local appliance store and steal a washing machine like a saw them do in Philadelphia the other night.

A picture says a thousand words!!!

https://twitter.com/FatEmperor/statu...235626499?s=19

What are the odds the US tries to pull something like this?

French president orders new nationwide lockdown until December 1 | Disrn

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    In Chile, they have decided to do nothing. They have decided to give up their constitution as a concession to the foreign-backed leftists. They are well on their way to becoming part of the Venezuelan Empire.
    Doing nothing can be the most dangerous choice.

I would like to see the focus shift to a large number of smaller sports. Physical competition is important. Community events are important. Professional sports that are accessible to the local community promote amateur competition, community-building and engagement.

The sporting world has been victimized by the same globalization, monopolization and consolidation we have seen in virtually all industries from banking to retail to communications, since about 1970. The monopolized institutionalization of sports has led to a passive spectator model that emphasizes the hollywood celebrity status of a select few above individual competition and engagement.
    I would love to see a world where children go out side and play sports. The idea that I pay $1000.00 a years for my 10 yr old to be taught soccer is terrible. I want all kids to play soccer (or whatever sport) not just the rich kids. I

Here's an interesting paper about Remdesivir, hydroxychloroquin, and The Way Things Are Done Around Here: “Remdesivir for COVID-19” Study accidentally proved effectiveness of Hydroxychloroquine | Watts Up With That?

And this seems important: https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/st...29810629718016