starting strength gym
Page 756 of 3019 FirstFirst ... 25665670674675475575675775876680685612561756 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 30185

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    They told us it would be safe. They lied. Of course we knew that from the start.

Thousands of mail ballots may be lost, Pittsburgh-area official says | TheHill

Tell us about this. Why are they trying to get out of Paris?

JP nails it, as usual: The Most Dangerous Disease in the World - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post

But such a measure would not be taken by Trump, it would only come from Biden/Harris. And if Biden wins the election, gare-an-teed the transition to a COVID-free world begins very quickly. We would stop testing asymptomatic people, the media would stop reporting on "cases" (see: positive tests) surging, schools would open up, and blue state governors would suddenly change their tune during Thanksgiving and Christmas, encouraging "safe" gatherings. Shortly after inauguration everything would be back to normal.

I have no idea what will happen if Trump wins. The immediate thought is that the COVID hysteria will continue unabated. But blue state governors and major metro mayors must be looking at their financial and political situations--massive unemployment, people fleeing to red cities/states, kids failing in school because of the disaster we knew online learning would be--knowing they're untenable. It's impossible to think they can keep it up for another four years.
    Agreed. Well said. A Biden win takes COVID from an existential threat (which it isn’t) to a modest problem of modest concern (which it is).

Biden claims you cant fix the economy until you understand the virus. That is a perfect weasel line and fits all possible futures. I’m sure he didn’t write it. He’s not close to smart enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    Agreed. Well said. A Biden win takes COVID from an existential threat (which it isn’t) to a modest problem of modest concern (which it is).

Biden claims you cant fix the economy until you understand the virus. That is a perfect weasel line and fits all possible futures. I’m sure he didn’t write it. He’s not close to smart enough.
    The leftists are really swirling round the toilet bowl, it's time to flush

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    I would love to see a world where children go out side and play sports. The idea that I pay $1000.00 a years for my 10 yr old to be taught soccer is terrible. I want all kids to play soccer (or whatever sport) not just the rich kids. I
    Not just children. And not just soccer.

It is just as important for adults to do something physically challenging in order to remain grounded in reality.

Part of the process of consolidating and monopolizing sports has been a big push for this idea that playing conditions must be perfect, equipment must be perfect and it all must be governed by a nanny-state official governing body.

How much do football pads cost now vs 70 years ago? The field needs to be perfectly manicured or made of astroturf, right?
    Soccer needs to have expensive governing bodies, silky/shiny uniforms, just the right shoes, a perfectly sized pitch and unassailable refereeing. right?
    Basketball can't be a leather ball, a dirt court and a wooden hoop.
    People have been playing tennis for 150 years. Perfect court and equipment conditions did not exist until the late 90s.
    Compare strongman competitions now vs. 1979; They used to bend steel bars over their heads, have a tug-of-war or throw tires like a discuss. Now, you have to have all sorts of perfect, standardized training equipment to practice the pre-determined events. The stones must be perfectly round and calibrated.

We should probably just do away with basketball, football and soccer. They are lost.

You can still go play Rugby for almost no cost. It's much more of a real sport than American Football.
    You can still go play tennis on a cracked court with a wood racket and dead tennis balls; This would have been much more true to the game for the majority of its existence. Even pickleball or paddle ball is much more accessible and true to the game than modern competitive tennis.
    You can still go outside and lift rocks in a local, Highland Games type competition. This is extremely accessible and cheap.
    You can still go to a park or parking lot and throw a discuss. Or take a wooden stick and a rubber ball out to compete in neighborhood stickball.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Rott View Post
    Intresting. A long read, but this should be spread widely in the US.

Article on Joe and Hunter Biden Censored By The Intercept - Greenwald
    Agreed. I shared this to my small network. Hopefully some will actually read it.

The state never ratchets down; it always ratchets up. It doesn’t matter what party is in charge.

What happened after Bush II left and Obama took the White House and Bin Laden was “captured/killed?”

The PATRIOT Act has been renewed every time.

The DAA has been renewed every time.

The DHS is never going away.

The TSA is never going away.

Domestic spying on Americans is never going away.

Bail-outs for politically connected businesses are guaranteed.

He has a rich history of not writing for himself. The man is an empty vessel.

Field report here from a first-time poster, long-time lurker.

I do the books and help manage/serve/bartend for a couple who own several businesses in NE Illinois, including two restaurants. It's been a helluva year so far.

Our governor just ordered indoor dining shut-down as a necessary mitigation effort, effective at midnight tonight. The people I work for said we are not going to comply, and asked me to send out an email blast announcing the decision to our email list. We are encouraged by the number of reservations we have so far for Saturday night. Let the rebellion begin.

We are aware of several other restaurants in the area who have announced their refusal to comply, and along with the Illinois Restaurant Association, are asking for proof that indoor dining -- at reduced capacity (!!!) + masks --- could possibly be a hot bed of transmission. Come. On.

We have heard from various municipality officials that there will be no enforcement coming from them, but we are unsure if the county health department will attempt to shut us down.

My husband is a manager/partner at a different restaurant and they are meeting today to make a decision about compliance.

I can't believe our household went from being financially secure to this ... mess. In this area of the country, we are not going to be able to seat guests outside until May! How will we survive until then?!

Thank you to everyone participating on this thread.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    "Gamma people (libertarians) will tune in to the problem and drop out as a solution. No, they won’t turn into middle-aged hippies practicing basket weaving and bead stringing in remote communes. Rather, they will structure their lives so that the government—which is to say taxes, regulations, and inflation—is a non-factor. Suppose they gave a war and nobody came? Suppose they gave an election and nobody voted, gave a tax and nobody paid, or imposed a regulation and nobody obeyed it?" -Doug Casey

Doug Casey is my "Rip" of the economic world. Sometimes hard to take in, but always informative. In this article he argues to simply stop participating in this corrupt democracy. Simply put, when you negotiate with a government you always lose. The best thing to do is to not negotiate or bargain with them, just go "gray rock." Is this the time to fight back with the only true power we still have left, our decision to do nothing?
    I like this idea. A lot.