starting strength gym
Page 757 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 25765770774775575675775875976780785712571757 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 30039

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    Our governor just ordered indoor dining shut-down as a necessary mitigation effort, effective at midnight tonight. The people I work for said we are not going to comply, and asked me to send out an email blast announcing the decision to our email list. We are encouraged by the number of reservations we have so far for Saturday night. Let the rebellion begin.

We are aware of several other restaurants in the area who have announced their refusal to comply, and along with the Illinois Restaurant Association, are asking for proof that indoor dining -- at reduced capacity (!!!) + masks --- could possibly be a hot bed of transmission. Come. On.
    Bravo! Were I close enough, I'd eat with you every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    The state never ratchets down; it always ratchets up. It doesn’t matter what party is in charge.

What happened after Bush II left and Obama took the White House and Bin Laden was “captured/killed?”

The PATRIOT Act has been renewed every time.

The DAA has been renewed every time.

The DHS is never going away.

The TSA is never going away.

Domestic spying on Americans is never going away.

Bail-outs for politically connected businesses are guaranteed.
    All good points and I often remind people of exactly the same. I need to think about this some more...

In the mean time, recall how often Obama/Biden take credit for inheriting the worst economy of all time and turning it around. Of course in some ways, that’s a gift because at rock bottom, it can only go up. In my opinion Obama/Biden got lucky as their efforts were weak, counterproductive, and took too long.

Similarly, inheriting COVID can be a political gift because A) it’s mostly BS and B) it’s mostly over. This won’t stop Biden from declaring victory.

By analogy, Obama raising taxes cured the economy in the same way that mask wearing cured COVID. But we ,the people , are too stupid to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by HailMary View Post
    Field report here from a first-time poster, long-time lurker.

I do the books and help manage/serve/bartend for a couple who own several businesses in NE Illinois, including two restaurants. It's been a helluva year so far.

Our governor just ordered indoor dining shut-down as a necessary mitigation effort, effective at midnight tonight. The people I work for said we are not going to comply, and asked me to send out an email blast announcing the decision to our email list. We are encouraged by the number of reservations we have so far for Saturday night. Let the rebellion begin.

We are aware of several other restaurants in the area who have announced their refusal to comply, and along with the Illinois Restaurant Association, are asking for proof that indoor dining -- at reduced capacity (!!!) + masks --- could possibly be a hot bed of transmission. Come. On.

We have heard from various municipality officials that there will be no enforcement coming from them, but we are unsure if the county health department will attempt to shut us down.

My husband is a manager/partner at a different restaurant and they are meeting today to make a decision about compliance.

I can't believe our household went from being financially secure to this ... mess. In this area of the country, we are not going to be able to seat guests outside until May! How will we survive until then?!

Thank you to everyone participating on this thread.
    There's a vigorous resistance to this in downstate Illinois. A FB group titled, We are open "up yours JB" is keeping the all and sundry apprised of the latest happenings. Mostly downstate, but with occasional contributors from the Northern tier of counties. Many owners are in open defiance of the no indoor seating diktat. What's more, Pritzker hasn't even attempted to enlist county sheriffs to enforce it because many of them have said they would not. Likewise with the county states attorneys. Locally, this county's health department has thrown in the towel in the face of class action legal representation informing them there is no legal standing to enforce anything.

The Illinois High School Athletic Association has pushed back against locking out basketball this Winter. They are proceeding ahead. It remains to be seen how big the cojones of many school districts are to follow through.

Underlying both of these is the leakage of how testing stats are being selectively manipulated to get big numbers. Pritzker has repeatedly refused to reveal the internals of how the statistical sausage has been made, but FOIA has found some of the skunks in the woodpile.

In the meantime, Dearly Beloved and I are eating only at restaurants who have joined the resistance.

Catching up...
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead View Post
    Everything you need to know about PCR tests!
    "THEY COULD HAVE DONE THIS ON ANY COLD VIRUS" - KEVIN MCKERNAN ON PCR DECEPTION

"They could have done this on any cold virus" - Kevin McKernan on PCR deception
    Mckernan does a good job explaining why the tests are bullshit.
    Also, if we'd had the technology we have today, we could have scared the shit out of everybody over the flu decades ago.

Regarding the isolation/lockdown approach:
    "It has never been done before. It reeks of central planning the economy. It reeks of central planning the money supply. Now we are centrally planning the T-cell supply. It's going to create big booms and bust cycles, I think. Just like we see in cases of Austrian economics."
    He goes on to explain that antibodies don't last long. So due to isolation, bigger outbreaks of various viruses and colds are in our future...along with endless cycles of increasingly draconian central planning (lockdowns, contact tracking, virtual living, etc).

If we don't wake up and stop ^this^ shit, our grandchildren will be avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If only intelligence was contagious.

I thought this was a good intro into PCR testing.

Rip, great podcast as always. On Fauci and handshakes, I couldn't help but be reminded of the italian fascists abolishing them in the thirties... Enrico Fermi famously outed himself as an opposer of the regime by shaking hands instead of doing the required roman salute upon receiving the Nobel prize for physics in 1938, then escaped to the US and became a key member of the Manhattan project. Abridged from Wikipedia for your edification and amusement:

Achille Starace, the Italian Fascist Party secretary, pushed for measures to make the use of the Roman salute generally compulsory, denouncing hand shaking as bourgeois. He further extolled the salute as "more hygienic, more aesthetic, and shorter." (...)By 1932, the salute was adopted as the substitute for the handshake.[37]

The bourgeois gesture was supposed to disappear from the view of Italians and not contaminate their daily life. In 1938, the party abolished handshaking in films and theater, and on November 21, 1938 the Ministry of Popular Culture issued orders banning the publishing of photographs showing people shaking hands. Even official photographs of visiting dignitaries were retouched to remove the image of their handshaking.[43]
    The comparison may not be pertinent, but it sure is suggestive...

Yardley Yeadon
    @MichaelYeadon3
    Dissent even before the deception began.

There are in & around our government many guilty men.

I wish them all poor sleep, a restlessness which will never leave them, an inability to look themselves directly in the mirror, that hollow feeling when they lift a grandchild.

https://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3/s...184268800?s=19

Another lockdown by our authoritarian moron and gyms are closed for at least four weeks. I won’t be complying.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gilead

Everything you need to know about PCR tests!
    THEY COULD HAVE DONE THIS ON ANY COLD VIRUS - KEVIN MCKERNAN ON PCR DECEPTION

"They could have done this on any cold virus" - Kevin McKernan on PCR deception
    Mckernan does a good job explaining why the tests are bullshit.
    Also, if we'd had the technology we have today, we could have scared the shit out of everybody over the flu decades ago.

Regarding the isolation/lockdown approach, McKernan says:
    "It has never been done before. It reeks of central planning the economy. It reeks of central planning the money supply. Now we are centrally planning the T-cell supply. It's going to create big booms and bust cycles, I think. Just like we see in cases of Austrian economics."

He goes on to explain that antibodies don't last long. So due to isolation, bigger outbreaks of various viruses and colds are in our future...along with endless cycles of increasingly draconian central planning (lockdowns, contact tracking, virtual living, etc).
    Just a little programming to desensitize your brain to what a few more years of T-cell central planning & lockdowns will lead to:

This is not a game. Vote carefully.