starting strength gym
Page 772 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 27267272276277077177277377478282287212721772 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,720 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    COVID question: Has anyone seen statistics on how reliable the 2-14 day quarantine window is? That number has been around since people on the cruise ships were afloat at sea. It was a Chinese declaration that I never saw or heard anyone question. It seems to me like there should be a little more refinement, and I’d be willing to bet it’s more like 2-4 days.

Granted 14 days does a much better job at destroying the world.

We get it. Folks like you have an instinctive icky feeling that disables your ability to actually investigate anything icky...because it's icky.
    Everything about this whole damn thing is icky, and the more I investigate the ickier it becomes. It’s an endless rabbit hole of icky.

And who can argue with someone, like yourself, who has done such extensive research into the subject?
    Hopefully somebody, since I am obviously ignorant and only expressing my opinionated perception of the matter, will provide compelling counters.

For example, what makes Trump an exemplary example for humanity in general, or at least some basic leadership qualities, that I may be missing.

We have here, what appears to me, to be a series of victimless crimes...
    That’s funny!

Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    On the contrary, I really enjoy conversing with him over the internet.

He’s one of the few electronic people I can chat with, in the same manner I chat with the people I work with (I’m oilfield trash), who won’t get offended and delete my account.
    him = Trump.

And I agree with you about Rip. I was just echoing something he has said to me several times in response to my own assessment of Trump as a sociopath. And I might even have the necessary training and expertise to do it!

Donald Trump may be the most honest man to occupy the office in generations, because he is not playing a role. Even Pence is playing a role, but Trump's strengths and flaws are clear, and he's not attempting to make you think he's something he's not. I don't always like him, he is verbally undisciplined, and he pisses people off, but he is an honest man, and all the network hairdos can lie about him in loud voices all they want. In fact, they hate that he won't play the game with them, because he's an honest man. He stands there and talks just like we do without the "fucks" and "goddamns". He's wrong sometimes, but he doesn't lie. Learn the difference between Bullshit and lying. For lies, see Kamala Harris/Nancy Pelosi/Chuck Schumer/Adam Schiff. Wiig should appreciate this about Trump, being oilfield trash, but he has apparently taken sides with Anderson Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    I was just echoing something he has said to me several times in response to my own assessment of Trump as a sociopath. And I might even have the necessary training and expertise to do it!
    And then again, you may be experiencing confirmation bias, since you have not examined the man personally, and you don't know him personally. Note that I am not attempting to diagnose a personality disorder from a remote location, which would be unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post
    Would the EU-US-AUS-CA-NZ financial cold war be a civil war? The policies appear to be negotiated and highly coordinated as far as I can tell.

In the U.S., the Federal Reserve is the unelected 4th branch of government (Presidential, Legislative, Judicial, Financial). I assume the Financial branch of government in the EU is also unelected.
    The head of the European Central Bank is sort of elected, not by popular vote, but by a council of EU politicians. The current head, Christine Lagarde, her previous job was as head of the IMF. It is the same clique. I don't think Australia, Canada and New Zealand are trying to leave the dollar area, those people are just insane. But I have my doubts about the eurozone using the COVID crisis to do what the Nixon administration did when it went off gold in 71. The axis is ECB-Germany-France, and they all seem to be in agreement. You guys are focused on China because of the stupid trade war and the CCP prancing. There is nothing special about China, it is simply a highly inflationary economy with a labor force that is getting more expensive by the day. The real question of this whole fiasco will be whether the dollar will remain as the sole reserve currency or whether the euro will join the battle. This could actually lead to WW3, but some 40 or 50 years from now, especially if the eurozone pulls its plan off and then runs into the same wall that the US has run into in 2008. You want the Germans building cars, not tanks and missiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Donald Trump may be the most honest man to occupy the office in generations, because he is not playing a role. Even Pence is playing a role, but Trump's strengths and flaws are clear, and he's not attempting to make you think he's something he's not. I don't always like him, he is verbally undisciplined, and he pisses people off, but he is an honest man, and all the network hairdos can lie about him in loud voices all they want. In fact, they hate that he won't play the game with them, because he's an honest man. He stands there and talks just like we do without the "fucks" and "goddamns". He's wrong sometimes, but he doesn't lie. Learn the difference between Bullshit and lying. For lies, see Kamala Harris/Nancy Pelosi/Chuck Schumer/Adam Schiff. Wiig should appreciate this about Trump, being oilfield trash, but he has apparently taken sides with Anderson Cooper.
    I would quibble with your use of the word "honest" (I would use something like the word "authentic"), but I generally agree with the above assessment. This does not make him not a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And then again, you may be experiencing confirmation bias, since you have not examined the man personally, and you don't know him personally. Note that I am not attempting to diagnose a personality disorder from a remote location, which would be unprofessional.
    Always possible. But we are not lacking in meaningful data from hundreds of sources, biased in both directions, over decades. I feel pretty safe.

It seems plausible, at this point, that the covid farce was ultimately to push mail-in ballots which are easy to fraud - covid was dreamed up as an easy way to remove Trump, legitimately (sickness, or swaying voter opinion on his reactive policy) or otherwise (voter fraud).

This is stupid. You should read this one month from now, I guarantee you'll cringe.

My apologies, I did not mean to imply that I was attempting to make a clinical diagnosis over the internet of someone I have never met.

What I should have said is that DJT's persona demonstrates sociopathic tendencies.

Funny nobody seems to take issue with the narcissist label.

The most honest man in DC? LOL not that the bar is very high anyway...

starting strength coach development program
    Exactly. Trump is not a real politician. He is straight up honest and sacrificed his luxurious lifestyle to his devotion of the love his country. He saw everything bad about the "swamp" and used his business savvy to become one of if not the most important President of all time.