starting strength gym
Page 792 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 29269274278279079179279379480284289212921792 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    For those who think 21% is too low, it is not. We pay 20% in the UK and get along just fine. Ireland pay 12.5%...
    We got 12 percent for companies with less than a million euros revenue (easily more than 90 percent of companies), the next round of tax reform in 2021 will lower it to 10. As a result, Covid has barely hit Croatian SMBs.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    You didn't look hard enough, of course......

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/sta...994289154?s=09
    That's clearly a Biden-Harris add, and you just said that Biden isn't a communist.

From FOX business:

"After the last presidential debate, where Trump's bullying performance was criticized by both Democrats and Republicans, former Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein tweeted: “So far the stock market doesn’t seem too upset at the prospect of Biden winning, despite Trump’s more market friendly policies. Perhaps folks think their stocks and 401(k)s will do better with higher taxes and increased regulation than with nastiness and scorched earth.”

When Goldman Sachs supports your presidency, you aren't communist. I don't think you have any idea what a communist actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngvi View Post

Don't agree with him. He was trying to use semantics to deflect from the core issue.

It is analogous to saying the language used to describe gender is never really accurate unless it's precisely identified as a nonbinary-they/that-trans-she-queer identifying as a closeted gay professional female athlete.

Equity over Equality as Harris espouses in her tweets is communist ideology.

It's not semantics. Its an English word with an actual meaning. Neither Biden nor Harris are communists. Nor are they Marxist. They are both capitalists. They are
    both strongly supported by investment banks and large businesses, and have been their entire careers. Second, the add your cite is a Biden-harris commercial. It's not something she tweeted independent of Biden. Its a Biden add. And we all already know with 100% clarity that Biden is a capitalist and always has been.

If your concerned that the ultra-wealthy will suffer under Biden and Harris, I would suggest you need not fear. The wealthy of America will always continue to increase their wealth, regardless if a Democrat or Republican is in office. Both parties are thoroughly controlled by business lobbyists.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It appears that logic is also not your area of expertise.
    Nor yours when it comes to budgeting.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter who wins this election (probably Biden), it is going to be such a shit storm the next 4 years. I cannot fathom how much chaos would ensue if Trump actually is named the winner. But I know it will be ugly, really ugly (at least in the media).

"In Michigan, people born before the Civil War voted." No, they did not.

Was the Ballot of Deceased Man Named William Bradley Counted in Michigan?

"In Philadelphia, Democrats ignored a court order to let Republicans observe the voting." Again, nope.

GOP observers given court order to watch PA election results - New York Daily News

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    They’re delivering more complexity with minimal testing, merely at the “effectiveness” level. They’re messing with genetics, so can’y possibly claim no serious /long-term/ side effects. Complexity often means “if it can happen, it will”.

I don’t know much. But I don’t like it. Too many notes.
    This would be in fact the first consumer-available RNA-based vaccine, but the technology is not brand new. They've been looking at this for vaccines to use in infections and also in cancer for quite a while. Lots of things we do in medicine "mess with genetics," and viruses themselves use our cell's own genetic machinery to propagate. This is pretty well understood, and the mRNA vaccine has less chance at changing the DNA you are going to pass on as an infection with the common cold does. In fact, getting coronavirus may "mess with your genetics" in the same way as this vaccine does, in addition to several other ways, so the vaccine is probably safer than the virus, at least in terms of genetics. In fact, neither will likely cause any alteration to your DNA, so you can pass along the genetics you were born with.

Pfizer's announcement of "90% effective, ready to go," is from their corporate, stock-price-boosting, competition-demoralizing perspective. We have heard many exciting announcements of medical treatments over the years that turn out not to be ready for prime time. Anybody can announce anything. Wait and see.

That being said, the urgency, politics, and financial motivation around covid might have goosed the development process enough that we get a new class of cheap, effective, safe vaccines. Kind of like the space program gave us Tang, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shea Frazier View Post
    "In Michigan, people born before the Civil War voted." No, they did not.

Was the Ballot of Deceased Man Named William Bradley Counted in Michigan?
    Snopes?? Seriously?

"In Philadelphia, Democrats ignored a court order to let Republicans observe the voting." Again, nope.

GOP observers given court order to watch PA election results - New York Daily News
    Did they get into the building? The Republican poll watchers. Did they actually get into the building?

I don't know about everyone else, but it makes me very comfortable knowing that the caucus and voting software we use have names like "Shadow" and "Dominion".

Snopes?? Seriously?

Did they get into the building? The Republican poll watchers. Did they actually get into the building?
    Not a fan of Snopes? You can pick the source you would prefer below. I included 5, but I will gladly continue linking them, if you would like. One of them is even from a place called the Detroit Free Press. You guys like stuff with Free in the name, right?

Claims that dead people voted went viral. These are the facts - CNN

Fact check: False claim that 14,000 dead people voted in Michigan

No evidence of dead people causing widespread voter fraud | wusa9.com

Misinformation in Michigan: 17 election-related fact checks

Were dead people in Michigan able to ‘vote’ in the US election? – Australian Associated Press

"Lauren Vidas, an observer from the nonpartisan nonprofit group Protect Our Vote Philly, told The Post that watchers from both sides were allowed inside, and that she saw more than a dozen GOP representatives inside the convention center during multiple shifts in the days after polls closed.

“I personally introduced myself to the Republican City Committee attorney,” said Vidas. “If the rules allowed it, I would have taken a picture of them to put an end to this conspiracy theory nonsense.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...54b_story.html

"Trump campaign representatives cited testimony from one Trump observer, attorney Jeremy Mercer, who said that he was “not able to discern whether, if there is a secrecy envelope, whether the secrecy envelope has any markings on it… [or] what, if anything, is being pulled out” because of his distance from the tables. Mail-in ballots can in some cases be rejected if there are errant identifying markings on the outer envelope."

Considering the quote above, I would say the answer to the question you asked regarding Philadelphia, is a resounding yes. Wouldn't you?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/penn...dium=Affiliate

You're better than this, Rip...

Young Shea here, sitting at home wearing his mask while linking to USA Today as "proof", is indicative of the electorate in 2020. I don't know how this can be fixed since the 105s elect the President. The media propaganda capacity in today's technological culture so thoroughly dwarfs anything ever dreamed of in Goebbels's fevered mind that I'm afraid this blizzard of lies has completely overwhelmed us, to the extent that it is not correctable. Literally everything uttered in the media is a baldfaced lie, to the extent that if they tell you Alex Trebek died, you have no reason to believe it. Yet people eat this plate of shit every day, with a little hot sauce, and believe it with every fiber of their little brains. For them, it's true, because "They can't say it if it's not true." The very idea that things are not the way NBCABCCBSCNN tells you they are simply cannot be grasped by the entire mass of the population in the middle of the bell curve.

The momentum is just too big a number at this point, and if Trump somehow manages to get this election investigated (his own law firm in DC is leaking to the NY Times as we type here), the chaos and devastation that will follow may well not be worth the privilege of participating in a real democratic process again. Note that the very second the networks decided that they would go ahead and call it for Biden, all the street violence stopped. They have very effectively demonstrated that we don't get to decide who the President is, unless they approve of our choice, and that they will do absolutely anything they have to do to prevent us from "choosing badly" again.

The ramifications of this are too staggering to grasp.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    That's clearly a Biden-Harris add, and you just said that Biden isn't a communist.

From FOX business:

"After the last presidential debate, where Trump's bullying performance was criticized by both Democrats and Republicans, former Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein tweeted: “So far the stock market doesn’t seem too upset at the prospect of Biden winning, despite Trump’s more market friendly policies. Perhaps folks think their stocks and 401(k)s will do better with higher taxes and increased regulation than with nastiness and scorched earth.”

When Goldman Sachs supports your presidency, you aren't communist. I don't think you have any idea what a communist actually is.
    The party of the president has absolutely zero bearing on the stock market performance, over long periods of time. The year of an election and the year post-election...it doesn't matter who's president or the party. This is a fact. So, the quote above has zero impact on my opinion. Short term volatility is a different story, but long term, doesn't matter.

Now, I'll be clear....there's nothing in Biden's history that I've ever seen that says he's a marxist/communist. Maybe he is, but I'd doubt it. he's an idiot, liar (all politicians are, he's not alone here) and he's not well. But I don't think he's a communist.

But if it's makes you feel better, fine, I think Harris and Biden are both communists/marxists and want everyone to start off on a level playing field and have equal results, no matter how hard each individual works. Does that make you feel better? Now, maybe that video is on Biden's feed. I don't know. But it was on Kamala's. If you want to continue to play semantics, knock yourself out. Seems you're in this to pick fights and be an asshole. so, consider yourself being ignored from here on out.

Rip, let me formally apologize to you and any other moderator of this board, for posting any stupid questions (IT"S IN THE BLUE BOOK!), etc. I'm not doing it on purpose, like many here seem to do.