COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 796

starting strength gym
Page 796 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 296696746786794795796797798806846896 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 11430

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #7951
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    32

    Default

    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    "… And the British media seem confused: https://twitter.com/JohnD_ohh/status...40889484742659…"

    And what makes it worse is that the UK broadcast media are supposed (by law) to be impartial. Of course they aren't, and we have no right-leaning counter-balance as you do, at least to some extent, in the US with Fox News. Sky News - for whom Fatty Boulton works - used to be ok but has regressed enormously since Rupert Murdoch sold up.

    If you want some light relief on the British grasp of US politics have a look at the interview below between Kay Burley (Sky News) and Sebastian Gorka:
    Gorka destroys Kay Burley over Trump & Election. Sebastian Gorka on Sky News - YouTube

  2. #7952
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,848

    Default

    I know we've mostly moved onto election stuff, but saw this comparison of FL vs NY today, and it immediately struck me. It’s been six weeks since Florida lifted all restrictions, and over SIX MONTHS since they began reopening with beaches, bars, and restaurants with some restrictions. And yet Florida looks literally like the textbook case of what we were told was a perfect outcome that could only be achieved with all kinds of major, unprecedented mitigations. No exponential spread.

    The problem is the unscientific and irrational members of Team Apocalypse have been programmed to believe that Florida's line could've, should've, and would've been literally flat at ZERO if they'd only followed The Scienceᵀᴹ. Instead of seeing how deeply this real-world data contradicts their experts predictions & models of endless exponential spread, mountains of corpses, and overrun hospitals that look like a front line army MASH unit after a bombardment; all they see is that some people died, assume a priori (against all evidence and reason) that it would've been zero had they locked down and masked harder, and blame Trump and DeSantis personally for each and every one of those deaths.

    Religions around the world are taking notes and wondering how to recreate such fervent belief and dedication among their own followers.

    IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg

  3. #7953
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    Bill always cuts through the bullshit:

    The Stolen Election, Part One: AMERICAN PRAVDA – Bill Whittle

    Quote Originally Posted by QuinceTree View Post
    we have no right-leaning counter-balance as you do, at least to some extent, in the US with Fox News.
    Those days are gone.

  4. #7954
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    If you want to continue to play semantics, knock yourself out. Seems you're in this to pick fights and be an asshole. so, consider yourself being ignored from here on out.
    Sure, ignore away. But if the difference between a capitalist and a communist isn't important, I have no idea what is. On the rare occasion I visit Breitbart, I notice everyone calls anyone who's a democrat a communist. Which I find very strange, as none of them are. Even Sanders isn't actually a communist.

    But I think I've sorta figured it out. I think to the religious right, anyone who isn't an ally, is a called communist. Its not about economics, which I've been assuming, but about religion. I guess.

    Anyways, here's a quote from the DJT's webpage describing his Platinum plan for Black Americans:

    https://cdn.donaldjtrump.com/public-...al-version.pdf

    "FAIRNESS – As demonstrated through his actions to initiate investment into Opportunity Zones, as well as
    address health disparities, wage gaps and necessary education reforms, President Trump works every day
    to advance a fair and just America for the Black Community"

  5. #7955
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    I think to the religious right, anyone who isn't an ally, is a called communist. Its not about economics, which I've been assuming, but about religion. I guess.
    It's their version of "Racist." I guess everybody wants an ugly word.

  6. #7956
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Outstanding. Thanks. I will be sharing this.

  7. #7957
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    Masks don't do a goddamn thing except piss people off: Authors Retract Study Showing Efficacy of Mask Mandates—as Biden Pushes Nationwide Requirement - Foundation for Economic Education

    And we need more guys like this: USPS Whistleblower demands Washington Post retract story saying he recanted allegations of voter fraud - Sara A. Carter : Sara A. Carter

    Note the actions of the Washington Post. This doesn't even rise to the level of propaganda, which at least is an art form.

  8. #7958
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Texas now has more total Covid deaths than California, despite ~75% of the population. I wonder why...

  9. #7959
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I know we've mostly moved onto election stuff, but saw this comparison of FL vs NY today, and it immediately struck me. It’s been six weeks since Florida lifted all restrictions, and over SIX MONTHS since they began reopening with beaches, bars, and restaurants with some restrictions. And yet Florida looks literally like the textbook case of what we were told was a perfect outcome that could only be achieved with all kinds of major, unprecedented mitigations. No exponential spread.

    The problem is the unscientific and irrational members of Team Apocalypse have been programmed to believe that Florida's line could've, should've, and would've been literally flat at ZERO if they'd only followed The Scienceᵀᴹ. Instead of seeing how deeply this real-world data contradicts their experts predictions & models of endless exponential spread, mountains of corpses, and overrun hospitals that look like a front line army MASH unit after a bombardment; all they see is that some people died, assume a priori (against all evidence and reason) that it would've been zero had they locked down and masked harder, and blame Trump and DeSantis personally for each and every one of those deaths.

    Religions around the world are taking notes and wondering how to recreate such fervent belief and dedication among their own followers.

    IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3880.jpg
    Again, there are no exit criteria. None are ever discussed. At one point it was “vaccine” said sideways, but no longer.

    Again, should we expect to eliminate covid like polio? Zero true cases. Ambitious.

    There’e a book by Ronald Knox which I’ve been meaning to read: “Enthusiasm”. I think it applies here.

    Covid seems to have (for now) supplanted Climate in satisfying the religious impulse.

  10. #7960
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,627

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by nykid View Post
    Texas now has more total Covid deaths than California, despite ~75% of the population. I wonder why...
    Texas 19425 (0.067% DRC19) =/= New York 33373 (0.171% DRC19). Enjoy your lovely state.

    Here's an interesting map: Every Legal Vote

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •