starting strength gym
Page 809 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 30970975979980780880981081181985990913091809 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,090 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    The Kraken cometh
    In the person of ... who? AG Barr?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I'm not sure I'm picking up on the right thread, but Nietzsche's God is dead doesn't mean a reign of atheism by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    Plus, I don't think being agnostic lures one into the idea of a utopian society. Monarchies are always strongly supported by the church. And so rebelling against a monarchy also means rebelling against the state-sponsored church.
    Both good points. There's a lot more nuance to Nietzsche's statement and sentiment than the caricature I gave it. Still, I think there's something to the fact that most communist states take a pretty hard stance against religious liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I'm absolutely positive these 'measures' will be permanent. And in the case they will reverse the mask mandate, we've set a really low bar for it to be implemented again the future.

Gathering to oppose these restrictions is made very difficult by the authorities, because the demonstrators are not complying with the restrictions, according to state news. Gathering to commemorate a tragedy on the other side of the globe is fine, if the victim is black. Dutch state news won't mention a thing about distancing under a picture of BLM demonstrators in Amsterdam packed like sardines.

Most Dutchmen I know are opposed, yet it is reported that the prime minister and his party are at the height of their popularity, by, you guessed it, state news.
    I've had a bad feeling for a few months now that the mask-mandates will probably become permanent. Unless a government actively blocks businesses from implementing them, like in Florida, there's no reason for a business or politician to oppose them. The "masks work" brain worm has been firmly implanted in a lot of people's brains at this point, and it might be politically harmful to try and roll these measures back.

Even if the Covid finally abates, there's still the flu, common cold, and a bunch of other diseases that might transmit themselves in public places. Out of an "abundance of caution," why wouldn't any good politician continue to advocate for mask mandates?

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    To those of you who remember...... Was the 2000 election debacle in FLA similarly covered as this one? I was living in Tallahassee at the time and remember the media vans on the state Supreme Court Street, as I would drive to work.

Do you recall the media assuming Gire was going to win.....until he all of a sudden didn't win?

I have zero recollection from 20 years ago. It just seems awfully quiet and slow going IF Trump was going to affect &attempt to reverse things via the court system.

Just curious.
    I think it is fair to say, yes, the media was acting hysterically during the 2000 Gore dangling chads. They acted that way when Reagan was elected in 1980 too. Ironically the media of 1980 is what made me a lifelong conservative. What they said and what I observed were not the same and I was a scientist in training.

Is it getting worse? I think it probably is because the market for media is changing rapidly. Markets “back in the day” were more stable and predictable, thus less severe perhaps.

But in reality, there is a chance that it really hasn’t changed much. Sure it’s more in our face, it’s more outrageously presented, it’s hyper 24/7, but maybe people haven’t changed that dramatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    In the person of ... who? AG Barr?
    I'm not a lawfag, so...to quote VNV, "Too many notes".

If I were [them], I'd be terrified of John Durham

And, of course, you know my crazy fantasy about Tribunals which is looking less crazy by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    Executive order signed 2 years ago: Executive Order on Imposing Certain Sanctains in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election

What did we learn from the Laptop from Hell? China and Biden Family?

The Kraken cometh
    The Kraken is going to be about 2 inches tall. If these people have super damning evidence, it is long past time to make it public. All this teasing just makes them seem desperate and dishonest.

Look, I wasn't sure how much of Nietzsche Itomo had read, so i wanted to maybe recommend some of the works for him, since we seem to be doing that, but I am 100 percent sure you haven't nor will you ever read any of this, so you will excuse me if I don't engage you in sociopolitical commentary.
    No problem. I agree with you that sociopolitical commentary on this thread is entirely inappropriate.

I'm not as worried as you about China.... I am anxious to see the tar and feather thing hit Shanghai within the next decade.
    But the real ticker is this New Zealand thing. What in the holy fuck has been going on there? This is full on morose dystopia, they have twice now elected a demon bitch from hell to enforce juche on a scale that the original authors have never considered possible, and it just keeps getting crazier by the day. Why? What is the rationale behind this? Is everybody drunk all the time?
    The part of China that is worrying has been their ability to destabilize and weaken the United States and Europe.
    It is:
    - the extensive technological theft
    - intentional erosion of domestic manufacturing capabilities in the US and EU
    - bribery of our political, corporate, technological, academic and financial leaders
    - the willingness to foment civil unrest in countries around the globe, but especially in the US
    - One-sided economic policies that parasitically favour China.

The danger is not China itself, it is the destabilization of the US due to inimical foreign policy.

We want China to be strong and stable.
    We just don't want them to harm us.

I am still guessing there was a large amount of unseen and unchallenged voter fraud in NZ.
    As our CIA agents tell us: A legitimate election is not important; it is only important that society act as if they perceive the election as legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    ...There will be no response concerning Trumps immigration policies or his perceived racism by me, as my posts have been intercepted from the ether by Thor. I'm open to receiving reading recommendations.
    For United States and EU immigration policy over the past 100 years, maybe the best place to start is the man who is considered the father of the European Union: from 1925, Practical Realism - by Coudenhove-Kalergi Coudenhove-Kalerg Practical Idealism English Translation : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Is it still a conspiracy if they openly and repeatedly tell you about the plan in highly specific detail for a couple hundred of years?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    The Kraken is going to be about 2 inches tall. If these people have super damning evidence, it is long past time to make it public. All this teasing just makes them seem desperate and dishonest.
    Unfortunately, I agree. Hit hard, hit fast. Didn’t happen. Maybe impossible. Perhaps patience is due. Or perhaps, if the fraud is not adjudicated, we say with Augustine “O Happy Fault”. I think something greater could come out of it, though it is not the path I’d choose.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    Both good points. There's a lot more nuance to Nietzsche's statement and sentiment than the caricature I gave it. Still, I think there's something to the fact that most communist states take a pretty hard stance against religious liberty.
    Not as hard in practice as it may seem. Once they have taken over the property, most communist governments will be fairly pragmatic when it comes to religion. They will work some propaganda against religion, but this whole thing about religious freedom being heavily surpressed is just a folk tale told by Eastern European communists turned good Christians in order to hide their central committee past. The real attack on religion has been launched by western leftist intellectuals, and once they managed to convince themselves that they had done away with religion, they set themselves up for new religious practices. Global warming and identity politics fulfilled the role for a while, and then providence was kind enough to introduce THE MASK.