starting strength gym
Page 816 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 31671676680681481581681781882686691613161816 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 29954

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    Funny, on the main page they only post the graphs (cases, hospitalizations, deaths) with the last three months of data now.
    That's the only way they can make the current 'swell' in cases look more ominous than it is.
    And obviously that really shrinks the Y-axis units down.
    Currently daily peak is 13 deaths out of 8 million people?

You have to dig around in there quite a bit to find the graphs that go back to the beginning:
    here
    COVID-19: Data Trends - NYC Health
    And notice the absence of a swell in "Deaths." We know about "Cases" and Hospitalizations." I guess the NYC Health Department got yelled at for leaving intact the previous graphs we were linking to, so they decided to show "Cases" and "Hospitalizations" first, for the amplitude change, and just hope you don't notice that 1 person a day is dying in Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    Oh, children. What will you believe next?
    Excellent question, my child. Do you believe that there is absolutely no evidence of widespread election fraud in this election?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And notice the absence of a swell in "Deaths." We know about "Cases" and Hospitalizations." I guess the NYC Health Department got yelled at for leaving intact the previous graphs we were linking to, so they decided to show "Cases" and "Hospitalizations" first, for the amplitude change, and just hope you don't notice that 1 person a day is dying in Queens.

Excellent question, my child. Do you believe that there is absolutely no evidence of widespread election fraud in this election?
    I believe there may be some evidence of election fraud in some places in this election. I know this link is from a pretty left wing publication, but perhaps you’ll allow it anyway. It more or less sums up my view on the prevalence of election fraud.

Elections 2020: A Careful Voter-Fraud Review | National Review

It's very cute that you leftists still think that NR is a right-wing publication. You probably still think that about Fox News too.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Now, let's talk about masks, the virus, and tyranny. As states all over the country succumb to the tantalizing appeal of unlimited control over formerly free people, going so far as to make Thanksgiving and Christmas illegal, a study is published (for now) that dismantles the mask/"social distancing" bullshit excuse for this tyranny rather conclusively. Tyranny is in fact the proper term for this. Anything less is propaganda.

Article: New study: Lockdowns & masks are useless and might even increase COVID-19 spread

The paper: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717

I regret my small role in baiting Hollis and others causing them to blow and get Rippen'd. I wish they were here now to watch. Hollis, can you come back? Oh...the list of names goes on forever.

Please, Mr Mueller, make an effort to keep your account in good standing. Your contribution over the next weeks will be...snort....healing. There were others whose implosion would be more hilarious to watch, but you'll do.

Love,
    Kit

Kit, I'm not going to approve a bunch of raving leftist lunacy, because there's enough of that shit everywhere else, and I don't want to read it. Just like Facebook and Twitter. Exactly like that, in fact. I've deleted Mueller's bullshit before, and I doubt Hollis can post anything that I can tolerate.

Kit, I'm not going to approve a bunch of raving leftist lunacy, because there's enough of that shit everywhere else, and I don't want to read it. Just like Facebook and Twitter. Exactly like that, in fact. I've deleted Mueller's bullshit before, and I doubt Hollis can post anything that I can tolerate.
    To be fair, Rip, I believe you've deleted exactly one of my posts in this entire thread. And it contained a link to PJMedia, of all things!

I appreciate you posting the article to National Review. I acknowledged in the post that I know it's a left-wing rag, so I'm grateful you allowed it through. Despite its evident bias, I think it captures the extent of what we know about election fraud.

Kit, I've no plans to go anywhere. I await The Rapture. But I fear time is running out, so do hurry.

It's very cute that you leftists still think that NR is a right-wing publication. You probably still think that about Fox News too.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Now, let's talk about masks, the virus, and tyranny. As states all over the country succumb to the tantalizing appeal of unlimited control over formerly free people, going so far as to make Thanksgiving and Christmas illegal, a study is published (for now) that dismantles the mask/"social distancing" bullshit excuse for this tyranny rather conclusively. Tyranny is in fact the proper term for this. Anything less is propaganda.

Article: New study: Lockdowns & masks are useless and might even increase COVID-19 spread

The paper: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717
    This paper doesn't say what the article claims. The idea that "participants" had more infections than "nonparticipants" seems to be the crux of the claim, and the author assumes that the participant group was doing social distancing, masks, etc., while the nonpartipants served as a control. This is not the case, which is why the nonparticipants are referred to as "nonparticipants" and not "controls".

From the paper:
    Participants who tested positive on the day of enrollment (day 0) or on day 7 or day 14 were separated from their roommates and were placed in isolation. Otherwise, participants and nonparticipants were not treated differently: they followed the same safety protocols, were assigned to rooms and platoons regardless of participation in the study, and received the same formal instruction.
    In other words, they were all wearing masks, distancing, washing hands, etc. The difference between participants and nonparticipants was that the participants were tested for COVID during the course of the study, nonparticipants were only tested on entry and end of quarantine.

So this study does NOT compare masks vs no-masks, and does not prove anything other than that the safety measures in place did not entirely prevent spread of infection. This is not surprising. The fact that only 2% of this group got infected suggest that some if not all of the safety measures were effective, but can't sort out how much effect each measure had. IE, maybe hand-washing and 6ft distance maximize protection, or maybe they are unneeded if you are wearing a mask. By looking at populations where precautions are low, I would have expected a spread of way more than 2% if the safety measures were ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by BMueller View Post
    Oh, children. What will you believe next?
    I never said I believed the mobster story. Needs a lot more scrutiny and details before I'll feel one way or another. I was just pointing out, that is in fact a legit explanation for the Biden only ballots. When you need to fraud-up hundreds of thousands of ballots in a hurry, you can't waste time filling in extra bubbles. I would be curious to see what hilarious things YOU believe simply because a mainstream media outlet told you that.

Some things to consider:

For reasons of national security, software and hardware that are not produced in the US are not (without some VERY significant vetting and waivers) used on "certain widgets".

We are learning that election machine software produced in Venezuela and elsewhere was used in many of the tight swing state races. Particularly in the blue urban areas of those states.

Dems have been bemoaning possible foreign interference and IT shenanigans in elections for at least since Diebold systems and software were in the mix for about 10 years now.

Our current election system is part of our Federalist system of governance. In this instance, each state and locality is not subject to the dictates of DC in how they run their elections. Given that, the kind of national security concerns that drive IT policy on weapons, defense, and other systems does not get filtered down to the states.

All the above said, does anything about this strike anyone else besides myself with some significant questions and concerns about how this current election was run? My question is particularly directed to leftist True Believers who insist that these are not the droids you are looking for.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Some things to consider:

For reasons of national security, software and hardware that are not produced in the US are not (without some VERY significant vetting and waivers) used on "certain widgets".

We are learning that election machine software produced in Venezuela and elsewhere was used in many of the tight swing state races. Particularly in the blue urban areas of those states.

Dems have been bemoaning possible foreign interference and IT shenanigans in elections for at least since Diebold systems and software were in the mix for about 10 years now.

Our current election system is part of our Federalist system of governance. In this instance, each state and locality is not subject to the dictates of DC in how they run their elections. Given that, the kind of national security concerns that drive IT policy on weapons, defense, and other systems does not get filtered down to the states.

All the above said, does anything about this strike anyone else besides myself with some significant questions and concerns about how this current election was run? My question is particularly directed to leftist True Believers who insist that these are not the droids you are looking for.
    Plenty of Clues for the Blues.

(Is there a gaping hole in our Export law?)