starting strength gym
Page 820 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 32072077081081881982082182283087092013201820 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Great Reset's comin'. Get ready to own nothing, have no privacy, and never have been happier!

That will not happen here, Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Charles View Post
    They are also the party of slavery, the KKK, internment camps, anti civil rights, violent protesting, quarantine for the healthy, illegal immigration, sympathetic endorsement of religious terrorism, and defund the police. (Not to mention denial of science, in almost all topics)

Not a particularly proud record. It takes almost the entire press, media, social high tech, and the entertainment industry to gloss over this. At least they should act a little ashamed.
    Meh. The "historical" Democrat/Republican dichotomy is largely BS and entirely irrelevant to who is in office now. The actual difference is Conservatives vs Radicals. Almost all of the D's are the later right now, but plenty of the Republicans are just as bad...and are likely in on this treason too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's very cute that you leftists still think that NR is a right-wing publication. You probably still think that about Fox News too.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Now, let's talk about masks, the virus, and tyranny. As states all over the country succumb to the tantalizing appeal of unlimited control over formerly free people, going so far as to make Thanksgiving and Christmas illegal, a study is published (for now) that dismantles the mask/"social distancing" bullshit excuse for this tyranny rather conclusively. Tyranny is in fact the proper term for this. Anything less is propaganda.

Article: New study: Lockdowns & masks are useless and might even increase COVID-19 spread

The paper: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2029717
    Mark, I see yet another benefit from switching to Starting Strength: I see that you and many others here on the SS forum are not leftist in ideology and outlook. I'm glad you and many others here are not blind to the dangerous stuff that's happening. I surely hope all this thievery is exposed and every single person responsible is brought to justice.

President Trump won this election. He's being robbed.

It will not happen anywhere.

I hope so, I really do. But there are a lot of people in this country who have bought into the bullshit. If we get a Biden/Harris administration I don't know if there's a peaceful option to keeping it from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    I think all cases of demonstrably willful election fraud should be prosecuted as treason. It is at least as damaging to the country as giving intelligence to an enemy nation.
    Has this Aussie commentator got it right?

'It would be a brave person to bet against Donald Trump': Jones - YouTube

It doesn't matter. If 3 million people die every year, that's 12.16% of the people who were going to die anyway, and even these fools understand that the thing burns out eventually. I hate to sound callous, but somebody had better start looking at the big picture, while we still have a picture.

And I really don't care anyway. I just watched a very good friend being forced to observe her mother's death over her phone. She had had no physical contact with her mother in 6 months, because of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic, and the risk that her 83-yer-old mother might die of the deadly COVID-19 pandemic in her rest home. She had been losing her cognitive abilities rapidly, probably due to a lack of family contact, she developed a rapid case of pneumonia and died in the hospital by herself, having seen her granddaughter covered in a HAZMAT suit for 10 minutes the afternoon before she died -- no hugging, because the dying woman might contract the deadly COVID-19 virus. Upon autopsy, she showed pneumonia, and a positive test for the deadly COVID-19 virus. Cause of death was obviously declared COVID-19. She was going to die anyway, since that's what 80-year-old women do in rest homes, and Dr. Fauci's response ensured that she died alone. And that her children will remember this.

This has gone way too far down a very shitty road.
    My blood just boiled. That's tragic and infuriating.

This year in the UK we’ve had a total of 4 & a half months out of the gym because of this & it’s still on going. Doesn’t sound like we will be back in December either.

I drive around my local area... McDonald’s is open, outdoor equipment stores are open, carpet stores are open, garden centres are open.... But gyms are closed by law? It makes zero fucking sense.

Now they want to push this new Vaccine on us, I’m 33 & perfectly healthy... My age group has a mortality rate of about 0.001% with this thing... Why would I want/need to take a Vaccine? Potential side effects from the Vaccine are probably more dangerous to me than the illness it’s supposed to protect me from.

It’s winter over here too, it’s cold now & about to get even colder, so what will happen? A lot of people who exercise regular in their gym will now stay at home which means they’ll be going from regular training sessions to a more sedentary lifestyle. Bring on the weight gain and mental health problems.

Oh & Rip, here’s a funny stat for you... The 2 brain dead fucking ‘scientists’ our Government seem to be lead by predicted 4,000 deaths a day by this point in time, this was only 3 weeks ago they made this prediction.

Average death toll for the past week is around 200 per day I would think, so they only got exaggerated it x 40.

But hey, no need to be accurate, not like we are closing down economies or infringing peoples right to live their life or anything is it?

I’m going to have a cup of tea now to calm myself down. Whole thing is a mess.

starting strength coach development program
    Starting Friday, Illinois has mandated that gyms reduce capacity to 25%, close locker rooms, and masks must be worn at all times including while exercising/training. This of course goes against the World Health Organization's recommendation NOT to wear masks while training but whatever, it's not like reasoning with these people will work. Common sense alone should prevent all of this crap after all. I tried wearing a mask today for the last two minutes of a low intensity cardio session on the treadmill (something I do to get me out of the office on not-lifting days). Felt find at first but quickly felt shitty. I am going to try and lift with a stupid mask on (with a small hole cut in the middle) on Friday but if it is as intolerable as I expect it to be, I will probably just freeze or cancel my membership at this point. I love strength training, as much for the mental benefits as the physical, but I can only comply with so much stupidity. And no locker rooms? So I have to leave all sweaty and change back into work clothes in my office? Too weird. Ever since March it has felt like I'm living in a nightmare, everything is so fucked. Upon waking up I feel good for a few seconds before I come to and remember what a shithole we live in now.