COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 828

starting strength gym
Page 828 of 1026 FirstFirst ... 328728778818826827828829830838878928 ... LastLast
Results 8,271 to 8,280 of 10259

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #8271
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,161

    Default

    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2021
    Here's the National Review piling on the "just get over it" bandwagon: Noah Rothman's Commentary Piece -- 'The Dumbest Coup' | National Review

  2. #8272
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I'd attribute the "huge increases in cases in countries with mask mandates" to the fact that it's governments policy that okays ignoring distancing for mask wearers. It's not that I think it's safe to ride a packed train because I wear a mask, it's just that there would be no trains riding were it not for the masks. The introduction of the masks coincided with the reopening after the first complete shutdown back in March. The morons in charge would have kept everything shut if it weren't for the masks. So rather, it's people living their lives that spreads the virus and the sad reality is wearing a mask is a requirement to your live your life. Basically, the masks correlate with the increased spread but are not the cause.

    The first mask mandates were introduced with the idea that they might help and they couldn't possibly cause harm. The possibility of risk compensation is why the WHO was opposed. I haven't seen strong evidence for either mask wearing or this theory of risk compensation.
    I disagree, I clearly remember that in Europe the mask thing started getting real traction when the Chinese doctor came to Italy and bitched about no masks. The media picked up on it and it was a downhill ride from there. It didn't really help that Trump was initially against masks, which got the American media on the opposing side... We will need tons of data to show whether this is correlation or causation, so it will take a while. I'm firmly convinced that all prevention matters are just making everything worse, but good luck finding strong evidence before 2030.

  3. #8273
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    From Tucker Carlson's show:

    "We've always respected her work, we simply wanted to see the details. How could you not want to see them? So we invited Sidney Powell on the show. We would have given her the whole hour. We would have given her the entire week, actually, and listened quietly the whole time at rapt attention," he said.

    "But she never sent us any evidence, despite a lot of polite requests. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her.
    That was an excellent opening monologue from Tucker. Everyone should watch the whole thing (Tucker Carlson 11/19). He was wise to show that he had some commonality with the state media. But, that was where the commonality ended. He spent the rest of the monologue pointing out the hypocrisy of government media, and the lack of any journalistic integrity with the phony reporters who say "show me all the evidence" without taking a single step in investigating numerous red flags that should be investigated. Rather they want to halt any investigation before it is started.

    Regarding Sydney Powell's actions, she is doing exactly what she should be doing. She told everyone about the evidence, without many specifics. The specifics should be saved for the courtroom. The state-run media wants a chance to discredit (by any means, especially immoral and even illegal) all the arguments before they make it to court. We've already seen how the left bullied the Wayne County election officials.

  4. #8274
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPB View Post
    The specifics should be saved for the courtroom. The state-run media wants a chance to discredit (by any means, especially immoral and even illegal) all the arguments before they make it to court. We've already seen how the left bullied the Wayne County election officials.
    I sincerely hope this is the case. A good friend of mine told me this Tuesday.

    No evidence of widespread fraud: Dominion Voting Systems ‘Lawyers Up,’ Abruptly Backs Out of PA State House Fact'-'Finding Hearing '-' American Greatness

    I hear that 243 Dominion Voting Systems employees have deleted their LinkedIn accounts.

    And more "no evidence": Absentee ballots with ‘impossible’ return dates… – CITIZEN FREE PRESS

  5. #8275
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lakeland, FL
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    From Tucker Carlson's show:

    "We've always respected her work, we simply wanted to see the details. How could you not want to see them? So we invited Sidney Powell on the show. We would have given her the whole hour. We would have given her the entire week, actually, and listened quietly the whole time at rapt attention," he said.

    "But she never sent us any evidence, despite a lot of polite requests. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her.
    Probably would have "lost it in the mail" anyway. Like the last time Fox handled evidence.

  6. #8276
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    I disagree, I clearly remember that in Europe the mask thing started getting real traction when the Chinese doctor came to Italy and bitched about no masks. The media picked up on it and it was a downhill ride from there. It didn't really help that Trump was initially against masks, which got the American media on the opposing side... We will need tons of data to show whether this is correlation or causation, so it will take a while. I'm firmly convinced that all prevention matters are just making everything worse, but good luck finding strong evidence before 2030.
    The Italians will believe basically anything, not knowing that the history of mask wearing in Asia has a cultural basis that grew out of "common sense," but not really scientific, applications more than 100 years ago. Hell, most Asians don't even know this. "Feel good medicine."

    In other words from that beautiful, but profoundly stupid, country, they are all being treated like lepers. Travel between Italian communes is restricted. There's a lot of very serious and much needed diagnostic medicine that's not getting done over there, again. Trust me, I know from personal experience. I pray that it's not going to take serious human collateral damage to make people see that it's all fucking ridiculous.

  7. #8277
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    From Tucker Carlson's show:

    "We've always respected her work, we simply wanted to see the details. How could you not want to see them? So we invited Sidney Powell on the show. We would have given her the whole hour. We would have given her the entire week, actually, and listened quietly the whole time at rapt attention," he said.

    "But she never sent us any evidence, despite a lot of polite requests. When we kept pressing, she got angry and told us to stop contacting her.
    According to Powell, not only did they send him stuff, they actually sent him a copy of an affidavit that hadn't been released yet. Seeing this, that was probably a mistake and gave opposition the ability to get a look at the evidence. Looks like Tucker is not to be trusted either.

  8. #8278
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    The Italians will believe basically anything, not knowing that the history of mask wearing in Asia has a cultural basis that grew out of "common sense," but not really scientific, applications more than 100 years ago. Hell, most Asians don't even know this. "Feel good medicine."

    In other words from that beautiful, but profoundly stupid, country, they are all being treated like lepers. Travel between Italian communes is restricted. There's a lot of very serious and much needed diagnostic medicine that's not getting done over there, again. Trust me, I know from personal experience. I pray that it's not going to take serious human collateral damage to make people see that it's all fucking ridiculous.
    A large part of Europe is going completely apeshit right now. I do kinda understand the politicians, the media and "scientific" pressure is unlike anything ever. Europe, mostly Central and Southern Europe, is in the midst of the "Second wave". It is actually just the pandemic hitting for the first time proper. The Croatian prime minister has, for some bizarre reason, opted for the hands off approach with several largely meaningless measures (like a mask mandate that nobody is following). Mind you, this is ten times more gainst the grain then what the Swedes did in March, because the epidemic hit here in November, with the entire neighbourhood locking down immediately. The relentless daily pressure has been uncharted, there are constant headlines demanding more stringent measures, by everyone, the media, scientists, medical associations, they have ramped up the panic to such an extent, I understand why politicians cave to the pressure. We have, however, reached a plateau with the infection numbers, we should see a decline in infections next week. If that happens, we should be the first country in Europe to conclusively prove that the best way to handle the thing is to let the virus run through the population and just accept the casualties. The Scandinawian and Baltic states are somewhat comparable with the severity (or rather, absence of severity) of restrictions, but the pandemic has not hit them yet, they are weeks behind, and their politicians have already begun panicking. If we do "beat" the pandemic now, I don't expect the media to admit to this immediately, but I do expect a clear scientific proof to be set really fucking soon.

  9. #8279
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fernandina Bch, FL
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    On another note, we are gathering some good epi data in Europe during the "second wave", which is likely just the first and only wave. Data from several countries, most notably Belgium and the Czech Republic, shows that the spread runs into a wall when cases go up to 33.000 per million, after which they begin to fall drastically, no matter the mesarues taken. Belgium and the Czech Republic have gone into lockdowns after a fall in cases, much of Europe which has been hit by the wave has done the same, but Croatia has been running a no lockdown policy. We've even had pretty lax measures in place until today (gatherings capped at 50, bars and restaurants closing at midnight, no business closures). The government is amplifyling restrictions today, but still no lockdown, and our hardest hit regions are at or close to 33.000 per million cases. If we see a drop in cases in the next week, we will get some really good data that counteracts the fear porn narrative about overrun hospitals and shit. Our hospitals are close to capacity now, but if we get a drop in cases, the hospital system will have weathered the crisis with minimal problems. This should give everyone in Europe pause, once governments are ready to accept the folly of the lockdown policies, of course.
    33k per million is about where the U.S. is now. This is great news if that trend holds up. The virus may hit a wall soon here. However, testing here is so readily available, many people have been tested multiple times over the months, not necessarily because they have symptoms, but out of curiosity or for some reason (employment, travel). Therefore, a lot of people are becoming a "case" simply by testing positive and potentially skewing the data. As we know, the vast majority of infections are symptom-free, around 90% per the CDC Dr. Robert R. Redfield Statement on SARS-CoV-2 infections | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC.

    So maybe we will need to get closer to 33k actual cases per million. But in any case, we've known all along that herd immunity would be at least one of the mechanisms for the virus to go away.

  10. #8280
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    71

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPB View Post
    That was an excellent opening monologue from Tucker. Everyone should watch the whole thing (Tucker Carlson 11/19). He was wise to show that he had some commonality with the state media. But, that was where the commonality ended. He spent the rest of the monologue pointing out the hypocrisy of government media, and the lack of any journalistic integrity with the phony reporters who say "show me all the evidence" without taking a single step in investigating numerous red flags that should be investigated. Rather they want to halt any investigation before it is started.

    Regarding Sydney Powell's actions, she is doing exactly what she should be doing. She told everyone about the evidence, without many specifics. The specifics should be saved for the courtroom. The state-run media wants a chance to discredit (by any means, especially immoral and even illegal) all the arguments before they make it to court. We've already seen how the left bullied the Wayne County election officials.
    Trump is the president of the USA, he is the state.

    Regarding Sydney Powell. She publicly claimed that the USA elections were a fraud, accused 'others' as criminals, and then provided no evidence of any of her claims. Where is the presumption of innocence in America? If she had anything, she'd quietly go to court and get something done.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    According to Powell, not only did they send him stuff, they actually sent him a copy of an affidavit that hadn't been released yet. Seeing this, that was probably a mistake and gave opposition the ability to get a look at the evidence. Looks like Tucker is not to be trusted either.
    Don't defendants always get to see the evidence against them? She needs to walk into court and convince a judge of something, or stop having press conferences claiming a bunch of stuff.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •