COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events - Page 854

starting strength gym
Page 854 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 354754804844852853854855856864904954 ... LastLast
Results 8,531 to 8,540 of 10490

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

  1. #8531
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar february 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    More on the President's Executive Order as it relates to the GA complaint: Leigh Dundas Explains Trumps 2018 Executive Order as it relates to 2020 Election Fraud - YouTube

    Things are happening quickly.
    When your core case revolves around a number of "Coincidence?! I think not!"'s you are treading on classic batshit conspiracy theory land...

  2. #8532
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Brazil's President Bolsonaro insists he won't get a COVID vaccine shot
    Bolsonaro added that Brazilians won't be forced to be vaccinated.

    Brazil's President Bolsonaro insists he won't get a COVID vaccine shot - Technology & Health - Israel National News

  3. #8533
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuma View Post
    LEIGH DUNDAS - BREAKING UPDATES: ELECTORAL VOTER FRAUD
    She's out dirt biking in the desert today, but provides a quick update on what happened in the last 24 hours. Worth a look just to see her without all the makeup.

    And a message to Joe Biden from Sidney today...


    Because of the foreign actors involved (see Sidney's complaint), they've had 2-hop FISA warrants on all these people for a good long while. So, you would expect Biden to concede.

    My only concern is something David A. Rowe said: it's all too obvious. It really is. They expected to get caught. What desperate bullshit do they have planned next?
    Things are really getting so pathetic

    Jordan Peterson v the crybullies - UnHerd

  4. #8534
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy Rich View Post
    Has Senator Harris resigned her Senate seat on the wings of her and China Joe's historic victory yet? I wonder why, not.
    First time I've seen this asked. Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by alsbos View Post
    A very wise man once said that stupid people are impressed with complexity. I disagree though. I think anyone can get suckered by a good con.

    Anyways, as just one point in the pile of junk in that complaint, I would ask why its of any importance at all who is buying patents form whom? Patents are publicly available online, for free. Indeed, the USA has been pushing hard for companies in other countries to buy US patents, its a major bone of contention. Now we use it as proof of a conspiracy?
    The good thing here is that all the "junk" in that complaint will be evaluated by the court now.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
    When your core case revolves around a number of "Coincidence?! I think not!"'s you are treading on classic batshit conspiracy theory land...
    Except for the fact that the core of the case does not revolve around "coincidence" but rather intentional and very widespread fraud, which you would know had you actually read the complaints. As in more than one of them, being filed all over the place.

    Leigh Dundas - Breaking Updates: Electoral Voter Fraud [MIRROR]

  5. #8535
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Brazil's situation is similar to that of the USA. The president is somewhat conservative/right wing but is tied by the supreme court, the ones that actually run the country.

    Yesterday a judge declared that the vaccine will be mandatory but not forced onto the population. However, people that refuse may suffer administrative sanctions. According to the judge, this is in accordance with some document the president signed in march, allowing "prophylactic measures" for the "greater good".

    I seriously hope that Trump can turn this election around and Bolsonaro can win a second term.

    If shit hits the fan I at least have access to some land in a somewhat remote place with water sources. Need guns though... You have no idea how ridiculously expensive guns and ammo are in Brazil...

  6. #8536
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,232

    Default

    Now, it is important to note that the piece from Johns Hopkins posted earlier has been removed by Johns Hopkins. Here is an archived copy:

    A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19 - The Johns Hopkins News-Letter

    Here is an other piece about this: Study: Absolutely NO excess deaths from COVID-19

    The fact that they jerked it tells you more about it than the piece itself. We're in full-blown Soviet Union territory now, except for this pesky internet thing. Maybe they can get something done about that too.

    When Briand looked at the 2020 data during that seasonal period, COVID-19-related deaths exceeded deaths from heart diseases. This was highly unusual since heart disease has always prevailed as the leading cause of deaths. However, when taking a closer look at the death numbers, she noted something strange. As Briand compared the number of deaths per cause during that period in 2020 to 2018, she noticed that instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease. Even more surprising, as seen in the graph below, this sudden decline in deaths is observed for all other causes.

    This trend is completely contrary to the pattern observed in all previous years. Interestingly, as depicted in the table below, the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19. This suggests, according to Briand, that the COVID-19 death toll is misleading. Briand believes that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may instead be recategorized as being due to COVID-19.

    The CDC classified all deaths that are related to COVID-19 simply as COVID-19 deaths. Even patients dying from other underlying diseases but are infected with COVID-19 count as COVID-19 deaths. This is likely the main explanation as to why COVID-19 deaths drastically increased while deaths by all other diseases experienced a significant decrease.

    “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded.

  7. #8537
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    We're in full-blown Soviet Union territory now, except for this pesky internet thing. Maybe they can get something done about that too.
    I cannot for the life of me understand why the media would not report on these studies/papers, etc. I understand why politicians (Cuomo) and bureaucrats (Fauci) wouldn't, but I just don't comprehend why the media is complicit here.

    Are they gaining power/control? It just seems that the more that is covered up, the more the general population is finding other alternatives.

    I also understand...the media is in the advertising business, not the news or telling the truth business. But still.

    Even watching the macy's parade on NBC (13yo daughter wanted to watch......), their reporting of that was awful.

  8. #8538
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Where does one go to learn how to behave in this manner?
    College.

  9. #8539
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    44,232

  10. #8540
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    598

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Now, it is important to note that the piece from Johns Hopkins posted earlier has been removed by Johns Hopkins. Here is an archived copy:

    A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19 - The Johns Hopkins News-Letter

    Here is an other piece about this: Study: Absolutely NO excess deaths from COVID-19

    The fact that they jerked it tells you more about it than the piece itself. We're in full-blown Soviet Union territory now, except for this pesky internet thing. Maybe they can get something done about that too.
    They pulled it down because there are a few things stated that are flat wrong: most importantly she is wrong that there is no increase in deaths this year compared to previous averages. It is true that some portion of people who died from COVID would have likely died this year of something else, so other causes of deaths may be decreased. The fact of excess deaths is, however, important. Briand did not explain where she was looking for excess deaths, or what numbers she is using. Hopkins does provide a link to the original piece, so they have not entirely pulled or censored it.

    A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19 - The Johns Hopkins News-Letter
    The link to the original article is there, along with an explanation of why they took it off the main site:
    As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

    Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years.
    So it is possible to argue about miscategorization of COVID deaths, and about how many excess deaths were caused by COVID or how many heart attacks were averted by COVID. But the fact is that about 300K more people than expected died in the US this year. Maybe they all died from lockdown-related problems. But it is not possible to say this is an ordinary year in terms of deaths. Something killed a bunch more people than usual this year.

    excess-mortality-raw-death-count.jpg Allcausedeath2020.jpg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •