starting strength gym
Page 858 of 3003 FirstFirst ... 35875880884885685785885986086890895813581858 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 30027

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Even Newsweek is caving on the Covid hoax: Biden Got the Coronavirus Death Toll Wrong | Opinion
    My 70+ yo uncle was admitted to a Parkridge IL hospital covid ward twice, with only cellulitis of the leg. Tested negative for covid. Had to wait 3+ days for results, all the while under high exposure on the covid floor. Criminal fleecing of the system likely.

Uncle Lou is fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    When I look at your graph, I come to the same conclusion: 2020 is an outlier.

The first graph I posted (how do you get your posted graphs to show up full size? I am having graph envy.) compares 2020 with 2015-2019, so has more “historical context” than yours from 2017, if that’s what you’re looking for.
    I'm tired and lazy... I just did 4x5 squats and feel like shit. (I know... 3 questions)

What % are deaths increased? And what's the actual number please? Thanks.

Yes, 2020 differs from other years, and that is precisely why we want to compare it to other years. If we don’t do so, how can we determine the impacts of the virus, the policies enacted, etc? If you don’t know what was different, you can’t figure out why it was different.
    Unfortunately, we introduced a whole bunch of confounding variables through our policies and the reactions to those policies. This combined with our shitty data classification of what counts as a ‘COVID’ death and what counts as a ‘case’ will make it very difficult to extrapolate from. We really fucked our future selves by making the data sets of this experience damn near worthless.

When I look at your graph, I come to the same conclusion: 2020 is an outlier.

The first graph I posted...compares 2020 with 2015-2019, so has more “historical context” than yours from 2017, if that’s what you’re looking for.
    The first graph is still an editorial, not a straightforward plot of raw data. It places strong emphasis on (invalid) seasonal comparison, and visually determines the outlier with bright orange versus muted gray.

I am being picky - for good reason. The general public is highly susceptible to dishonest visual display of correct quantitative information. This is how disinformation flows in technically-correct (well, mostly) media.

(how do you get your posted graphs to show up full size? I am having graph envy.)
    img tag.

The seasonal fluctuation in deaths I think is largely related to flu season.
    The flu is a big factor, but I think there are also purely cardiovascular causes related to regulation of body temperature.

Yes, 2020 differs from other years, and that is precisely why we want to compare it to other years.
    Comparing 2020 overall to 2019 overall is fine. But within-year patterns have been disrupted.

Why did the DOJ authorize more methods of Executing People? Makes one wonder, doesn’t it?

US Justice Department amends federal execution rules to allow death by hanging, electric chair, gas chamber & FIRING SQUAD — RT USA News

Yardley Yeadon
    @MichaelYeadon3
    PCR-Based Covid Testing Has Failed – Lockdown Sceptics

Joint effort with people I’m proud to work with.
    If this is new to you, I apologise for the shock.
    If you disagree, I ask only that you address the entirety of the position & not chip at one piece.

PCR-Based Covid Testing Has Failed – Lockdown Sceptics

https://twitter.com/MichaelYeadon3/s...607522308?s=19

Trump tweets: So much truth!

except, I don't think Trump is the Lion. We are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan Dragisic View Post
    This is everywhere except in countries still running the Wuhan model, like our totalitarian friends in Australia or NZ which will see the same thing happen every time they open borders, so they have followed the Wuhan model to effectively turn themselves back into penal colonies again. As far as the rest of the world is concerned now, from a public health perspective, we need to keep the borders with China closed for several years now, because God only knows into what the virus has mutated there and what they can send if we allow their citizens to start mixing with the rest of the world population now. And they DO NOT control the virus. Meaning they have effectively quarantined themselves for a long time now.
    This is an interesting thought. I had sort of forgotten about China with all the election controversy here in the states.

It reminds me of how China "solved" the pandemic very early on, coincidentally declaring victory the day after they kicked out western reporters. I wonder how long it will be until we actually get an accurate story of what's all gone on their the last several months...

If anything positive does come out of this whole fiasco, it would be to turn China back into a no-fly zone like Iran and North Korea. They've pretty well proven that they're incapable of interacting with the rest of the world in a responsible way.

More from Briggs on the censored Johns Hopkins piece: On That Censored Johns Hopkins All-Cause Death Analysis – William M. Briggs

You’d think by now our rulers would stop the anemic way they censor what they consider dangerous information. Their blundering attempts only highlight what they want to hide.

It’s particularly silly with coronadoom censorship. Take the Johns Hopkins blog post “A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19” detailing some work by a lady named Briand. It was up, it was circulated, then it was deemed dangerous and pulled down. The Wayback Machine still has it, of course.

If it weren’t for the censorship, I wouldn’t have got the dozens and dozens of requests to look at it. Now everybody is sure Johns Hopkins is hiding something. Hilarious.

The reason it was censored it particularly stupid, too: “… it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation ‘COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data’ has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.”

Yeah, sure. Ninety percent of the population is racing in every direction like extras in a Toho Godzilla movie, only in masks. Johns Hopkins thinks this level of abject irrational terror is just about right. Besides, everybody knows science means only have one unchangeable opinion on every matter.

Funniest thing: they forgot, at least of this writing, to censor the YouTube video where Briand gives a talk.

Idiots.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    This is an interesting thought. I had sort of forgotten about China with all the election controversy here in the states.

It reminds me of how China "solved" the pandemic very early on, coincidentally declaring victory the day after they kicked out western reporters. I wonder how long it will be until we actually get an accurate story of what's all gone on their the last several months...

If anything positive does come out of this whole fiasco, it would be to turn China back into a no-fly zone like Iran and North Korea. They've pretty well proven that they're incapable of interacting with the rest of the world in a responsible way.
    Yeah, One of the ways they solved it was by silencing the otherwise healthy 38 year old whistleblower doctor who tried to get the word out. All he was trying to do was let the world know they had discovered another coronavirus.

Coronavirus whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang dies in Wuhan hospital - Business Insider

Thanks for sharing China.