starting strength gym
Page 859 of 3004 FirstFirst ... 35975980984985785885986086186990995913591859 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 30035

Thread: COVID19 Factors We Should Consider/Current Events

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ltomo View Post
    This is an interesting thought. I had sort of forgotten about China with all the election controversy here in the states.

It reminds me of how China "solved" the pandemic very early on, coincidentally declaring victory the day after they kicked out western reporters. I wonder how long it will be until we actually get an accurate story of what's all gone on their the last several months...

If anything positive does come out of this whole fiasco, it would be to turn China back into a no-fly zone like Iran and North Korea. They've pretty well proven that they're incapable of interacting with the rest of the world in a responsible way.
    Quarantining China is the sensible thing to do epidemiologically.

See the bottom of p. 857...

"The best thing Trump could do the day after his inauguration is fire everyone in our government, start over, and move the Capital to North Dakota. I'm serious.

I would take it one step further. Scatter the agencies across middle America. These swamp creatures just move from congress, to MSNBC, to a lobbying firm, to a Gubmint agency, then back again. They remain in the Acela corridor and never leave.

But move, for example, the Department of Justice to...I dunno...North Platte, NE, and see how many remain.

Absolutely. Make the lobbyists travel a little. The USDA should have regional offices in farm states, and NO headquarters in DC. And about 1/10 the employees. Ditto the rest of the bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Absolutely. Make the lobbyists travel a little. The USDA should have regional offices in farm states, and NO headquarters in DC. And about 1/10 the employees. Ditto the rest of the bastards.
    I've had dark raging thoughts running through my mind that the government should be reduced to 5% to 10% of it's current capacity at a state, local, and federal level and that Jeb Bush should be appointed king of America for the immediate future.

Take it for what it's worth.

This piece about the BPHS applies here as well.

1) The definition of Covid deaths is too broad. Currently any death with an incidental positive Covid test within prior 28 days is counted as Covid. However, even deaths from the misdiagnosis of respiratory failure will result in Covid being put as the primary cause. There is no post mortem evidence that these are Covid deaths. There is no equivalent rise in death certificates with mentions of pneumonia as was seen in the spring. Accident and Emergency attendances for acute respiratory infections are currently 300 per day lower than average.

2) The tests are not measuring the disease. It is nonsense to rely simply on positive test cases without requiring the presence of symptoms to define the scale of the epidemic. However, if positive tests are to be used, determination of the test accuracy rate is absolutely essential (especially the false positive rate). These should be independently determined. This work must be current to assess the current rates. Those defending the tests claim they have been quality checked by the use of “whole genome sequencing” – but that test has never been used as a diagnostic test in this way either, so it’s like using one unvalidated process to validate another.

3) Excess deaths are not all Covid deaths. Pandemics can cause excess deaths. Lockdowns can also cause excess deaths and we saw excess deaths from many causes in Spring. There appears to have been no attempt to analyse these deaths or factor them into current decision-making processes. Normal interactions with the health service have still not resumed and excess deaths in the 15-44 year-old age group have climbed steadily throughout the year. These are nearly all non-Covid deaths.

4) There is an NHS staffing crisis caused by false positive test results. NHS including ambulance staff and care home staff are all being tested and made to isolate merely on the basis of a single positive test even when asymptomatic, when the evidence on spread from asymptomatic subjects is equivocal at best. This is causing a staffing crisis in the NHS which will undoubtedly result in patients dying.

5) The only confirmatory testing carried out has shown no Covid. Army testing in Liverpool uses a different and more reliable test – the ‘Lateral Flow Test’ (LFT). It has demonstrated that there is minimal Covid in the Liverpool community, the alleged hotspot. The numbers testing positive are barely above the false positive rate reported for the LFT meaning there were no real Covid cases found. In other words, the Army results confirm the fact that at least 90% of the PCR were false positives and the government is panicking on the basis of a massively exaggerated and unreliable statistic.

6) Weak criteria used to declare a positive will result in false positives. Testing in May, by Imperial College showed that only half of the positive results from commercial laboratories were true positives and they questioned the criteria these laboratories were using to define a positive.

7) The results from PCR testing no longer fit reality.

ONS random population sampling, using PCR testing, predicted that 4300 in 100,000 of the population of Salford (4.3%) had COVID on 11th November (16 times higher than their national estimate for 27th April to 10th May). Typically, during a pandemic, the general prevalence in the entire population is substantially less than 1%.

Finally, positivity rates from PCR testing started to become strongly correlated with the volume of testing carried out after the middle of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Harlin View Post
    Unfortunately, we introduced a whole bunch of confounding variables through our policies and the reactions to those policies. This combined with our shitty data classification of what counts as a ‘COVID’ death and what counts as a ‘case’ will make it very difficult to extrapolate from. We really fucked our future selves by making the data sets of this experience damn near worthless.
    We'd be fucked if it mattered.

Literally doing nothing special for a flu would have been a better overall outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MashedTaters View Post
    See the bottom of p. 857...

"The best thing Trump could do the day after his inauguration is fire everyone in our government, start over, and move the Capital to North Dakota. I'm serious.

I would take it one step further. Scatter the agencies across middle America. These swamp creatures just move from congress, to MSNBC, to a lobbying firm, to a Gubmint agency, then back again. They remain in the Acela corridor and never leave.

But move, for example, the Department of Justice to...I dunno...North Platte, NE, and see how many remain.
    What about your three letter agencies? What do you want to do with them?

Eliminate them, starting with the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    We'd be fucked if it mattered.

Literally doing nothing special for a flu would have been a better overall outcome.
    No arguing from me on that.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    More from Briggs on the censored Johns Hopkins piece: rl]

Has the scientific censorship gotten more common? Are there so many censored papers that a few are sneaking though ? Odds?

It seems that if your motive is to control information, you should be able to catch pretty much 100% and would make extraordinary efforts to do so.

This leads me to think the entire field is a fraud and incompetent as opposed to diabolical. In either case I agree that letting it slip out and then pulling it is a worse case scenario for an actual agenda.

Coach, what do you think?